Mr. Green Gaming

Possible ZS changes

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The main objective stays the same (which is surviving and killing zombies). But with a new twist indeed.

I have to say I love the idea for some new content, but i have been playing ZS for so long because i like the gameplay as it is and how it is balanced right now. And with this new system killing zombies isnt important anymore, you will just be running away until you finally, after 10 minutes, get a good weapon. I like that only when you're skilled do you manage to get a good weapon, now it will be all newbies snatching the good weapons.

It will be more like the zombie panic mod, which is also a good game but not as awesome as ZS. In panic the weapons are also placed on the map and you are running from the zombies until you find a good weapon. It also as the feature where you are slower with a heavy weapon.

I do like the idea that zombies can heal in the mist and that you can drop weapons. I always wanted to drop my unused weapons for other players. That way i increase my own survival changes.

I would love to try the new system and it could be a lot of fun, if its balanced properly. But i would like to see that it's on a different server.

Hmm to be honest. i think i will stop playing ZS if i dont like this.

I loved ZS because of this simple gameplay (kills is weapons).

Now the gameplay gets a massive change and i dont know if i will like this, i never liked it if you must be the "lucky person" to grab a weapon first.

And if i want to find my weapons, i will play zombie panic! source. -_- .

Not that i dont like you guys anymore because of this. but i maybe dont like ZS anymore if this happens.

Hmm to be honest. i think i will stop playing ZS if i dont like this.

I loved ZS because of this simple gameplay (kills is weapons).

Now the gameplay gets a massive change and i dont know if i will like this, i never liked it if you must be the "lucky person" to grab a weapon first.

And if i want to find my weapons, i will play zombie panic! source. -_- .

Not that i dont like you guys anymore because of this. but i maybe dont like ZS anymore if this happens.

okay what the fuck, why are there such negative people towards this new concept?? Seriously, as a player thats been on the server for a long time, this would be a refreshing change, in comparison to continuously grinding out the kills at the start to get just another type of pistol.

Just look at the amount of experienced players that are bored with the current system that suicide at the start of the round and play as Zombie.

I welcome any new updates that add a new twist to the way we play Zombie Survival, whilst something that doesn't hinder the style or objective of the server.

I have to say I love the idea for some new content, but i have been playing ZS for so long because i like the gameplay as it is and how it is balanced right now. And with this new system killing zombies isnt important anymore, you will just be running away until you finally, after 10 minutes, get a good weapon.

Don't worry. It won't take 10 minutes to get a better pistol (deagle/elites/glock3). Also, the director will check where the humans are and if there are a few humans with no weapons it will drop more there instead by the players who already got a pistol. It's not completely random.

I like that only when you're skilled do you manage to get a good weapon, now it will be all newbies snatching the good weapons.

I believe new players don't like ZS because of that. They always stay with the pistols and sometimes an uzi. It's not fun to them. This increases the fun for both new and experienced players.

It will be more like the zombie panic mod, which is also a good game but not as awesome as ZS. In panic the weapons are also placed on the map and you are running from the zombies until you find a good weapon. It also as the feature where you are slower with a heavy weapon.

Yes, it's kinda ZPS. However, in ZPS the weapons are dropped immediately in the game. There's no special code which checks what the players are doing etc. etc.

I do like the idea that zombies can heal in the mist and that you can drop weapons. I always wanted to drop my unused weapons for other players. That way i increase my own survival changes.
I would love to try the new system and it could be a lot of fun, if its balanced properly. But i would like to see that it's on a different server.

I'm thinking about holding small beta tests first this week (with regular players). Just to balance it more out and to receive more ideas.

Also, one of the new melee weapons is the Hammer which allows you to nail (weld) props to each other. You may think that it unbalances the game. However, zombies can still break the props.

Hey hey .. i didnt say i think its shit now O.o.

I just said that if i didnt like it. i'll MAYBE! maybe stop ZS.

Only if i think its horribly boring.

I will still try it out :awesome: , sorry to be negative. was in a bad mood. (morning moods FTW, also known as the wake up mood that sucks)

Maybe ill hate it and maybe ill luv it.

But it needs to be balanced so zombies dont win 99% of the time.

How can weapons be dropped randomly on a random map? I mean, every map is different, you cant spawn the weapons at the same place (coordinates).

Every map will have around 40 drop points, which are human made. The director picks random from them (or almost random).

I have to say i like a lot of things about this new game and i dont like a few things about this game.

But i hope you guys are keeping the green shop, or else there wouldnt be a reason to kill zombies at all....unless you have a will to survive in a video game lol.

I would love to be a beta tester in this as well.

My only concern about this is that a lot of random newbs will get all the weapons or random lucky players will get the weapons while other good players get pissed off trying to scavenge what they can. "Now a lot of good players wont be so good anymore" - Cowchucker

This gamemode is putting survival of the fittest into action although this time instead of Humans versus zombies its going to be Humans versus Humans versus Zombies. Everyone versus Everyone, not literally but there is going to be a lot of competition for weapons making humans emotionally turn against each other.

On regular ZS you at least have a team to protect you, so if you like competition for survival your going to love this gamemode... i know i will >:D.......(i think i will :o)

Edited by Cowchucker

I agree with cowchucker, maybe its a good idea to still reward zombie kills in some way. Maybe with a little health, ammo or armor boost.

Or maybe with kills you get an extra weaponslot, for example at the start you only have one slot, at 5 kills you get a second, maybe at 15 kills you will get your third and so forth. This way inexperienced players can still pick up a better weapon buy dropping there other weapon but they can not horde all the good weapons because they were lucky to find them first. And this way you need kills is you want for example a long, medium and close range weapon.

And i read heavy weapons is making you slower, will this be like Counterstrike where the weapon selected dictates how fast you run or like Zombie Panic! were the combined weight of or your weapons count?

I am more a fan of the CS system, that way its important to still keep you melee weapon as you can run fast with that one.

To reward skilled players. The director will place better weapons with the players who got more skills. This doesn't mean that the newbies don't get any good weapon. But they have less chance. The director will decide it all for you guys. :V

To reward skilled players. The director will place better weapons with the players who got more skills. This doesn't mean that the newbies don't get any good weapon. But they have less chance. The director will decide it all for you guys. :V

can this "director" be bribed in any way?

And how exactly do you know who's skilled and who isn't? :V

And Cow, I agree. If some random noob gets the good weapon instead of me or some other skilled player I would get rather mad, like you explained. That's also one of my biggest concerns.

Ywa: What about all our upgrades at the green shop? Like the "comeback" upgrade. If we redeem will we then have to search for weapons? That gotta suck big balls if we have to do that.

One question... What happens to my Mysterious Stranger after the update? o.O

It will stay. :)

Thanks for the info Sneed & Ywa ;)

Well too bad I can't test the new updates for now... going on a vacation for a week at wednesday...

Good look with the update :)