Clavus

Recently released HL2 Source mod featuring:

spacious environments...

level_20018.jpg

challenging puzzles...

level_1b0000.jpg

and Mr. Whirly!

level_4a0002.jpg

Download the installer from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/research-and-dev...development-exe

Moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/research-and-development

Very fun and must-play HL2 mod. The puzzles give a very satisfying feeling when you manage to beat them, and you'll have a good laugh here and there. Also, you won't find a single gun in this game, but there'll be enough killing!

Downloaded it, and finished it in one play. This mod is really awesome, it really shows how awesome user-made content can be using the Source Engine.

This mod deserves an award, and the creator of this mod a job at Valve. Not only are the puzzles really clever, the maps are fantastic too.

It really gets you hooked from the start. It looks like it has been playtested intensely, because everything is very clear (required order of puzzles, hints on solving the puzzle are perfectly integrated in the map).

So if you haven't tried this mod yet, DO IT!

Stuck on the bit when you enter the yard with hanging bridges and a hanging container with a pole in it, lots of plugs in a corridor along the side of a building and some cages with barrells in, oh and a train with explosives on. dunno what the hell to do at all lol

Stuck on the bit when you enter the yard with hanging bridges and a hanging container with a pole in it, lots of plugs in a corridor along the side of a building and some cages with barrells in, oh and a train with explosives on. dunno what the hell to do at all lol

Spoilers for people that don't want to know how to do it:

You need to use the crane, so that the marked concrete block is right behind the hanging bridge. After that, start swinging the bridge towards it (gravity gun) until it hits the concrete block.

Beat it on one play, There was one part that took me 15 minutes just to at least know what to do it was the part where you had to push the generator over to the switch then plug it then then find a tool to generate power on the generator... well i just chucked everything to the point of no return.... i love chucking things. 15 minutes later i found out that the tool i chucked was the tool i needed.

This was really well amazing, i loved building the whizzy or what ever it was called, then i raped a strider with it XD. What was really fun was, after i beat it i started a new game and used no clip through the whole thing.

I reccommend it to everyone who wants a fun but mind challenging game.

Edited by Cowchucker

I loved alot of parts.

such as the BLOCK IN THE MICROWAVE! first i also got vaporized >_< .

And at one moment. i was in mr.whirly and pwning zombies. suddenly i exit my vehicle, got pulled up!? suddenly i hear that sound a barnacle makes.

I look up. BARNACLE SHIT SHIT and i rammed ESC and loaded a checkpoint..

i hate barnacles that bad.

and when you were charging the gravity gun.

That lazer hit the vent and you hear a cat and you see a little burned body fall out of it.

For some reason i lol'd

I loved alot of parts.

such as the BLOCK IN THE MICROWAVE! first i also got vaporized >_< .

same, but the next time i stayed behind some glass

And at one moment. i was in mr.whirly and pwning zombies. suddenly i exit my vehicle, got pulled up!? suddenly i hear that sound a barnacle makes.

I look up. BARNACLE SHIT SHIT and i rammed ESC and loaded a checkpoint..

i hate barnacles that bad.

theres a plug which dangles from the ceiling, use the grav gun with that to kill the suckers

That lazer hit the vent and you hear a cat and you see a little burned body fall out of it.

Wait, what cat?

Wait, what cat?

What do you mean what cat? either you thought ahead and changed that one thing at thew end or you didnt care about it, it shot the vent which inside it was a cat. You burned him to a crisp then you get to play with the sweet kitty while hes covered in blood :D. I was playing with him for hours i brought that cat to the part where you kill the helicopters but then a bomb landed near the kitty which blew him off the roof.

I was screaming NOOOO MR.KITTY!! I CANT LOSE YOU NOW!! and so i jumped after him knowing i was already dead.

R.I.P

2009-2009

Mr.Kitty, a companion and a friend

Wait, what cat?

What do you mean what cat? either you thought ahead and changed that one thing at thew end or you didnt care about it, it shot the vent which inside it was a cat. You burned him to a crisp then you get to play with the sweet kitty while hes covered in blood :D. I was playing with him for hours i brought that cat to the part where you kill the helicopters but then a bomb landed near the kitty which blew him off the roof.

I was screaming NOOOO MR.KITTY!! I CANT LOSE YOU NOW!! and so i jumped after him knowing i was already dead.

R.I.P

2009-2009

CowChucker at his best :)

Wait, what cat?

What do you mean what cat? either you thought ahead and changed that one thing at thew end or you didnt care about it, it shot the vent which inside it was a cat. You burned him to a crisp then you get to play with the sweet kitty while hes covered in blood :D . I was playing with him for hours i brought that cat to the part where you kill the helicopters but then a bomb landed near the kitty which blew him off the roof.

R.I.P

2009-2009

i was merely quoting Alyx in HL2, but whatever, since no-one realised...

Yeah. i heard that cat and i thought lol. then i saw his body and was sorry for him and lold at the same time.

You can pick his body up? gonna feed him to a barnacle >:D

How COULD YOU HARM MR.KITTY AFTER ALL THE ADVENTURES WE WERE ON!!! He's a million times better than companion cube!!

By the way i made the research and development maps fit into peoples garrysmod, so now they can play on garrysmod... wasnt hard at all i just moved them. Anyways i would love to see how this would run multiplayer.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=73854

All and any complaints go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd3UU9_Xq1M&NR=1

Edited by Cowchucker
Yeah. i heard that cat and i thought lol. then i saw his body and was sorry for him and lold at the same time.

You can pick his body up? gonna feed him to a barnacle >:D

How COULD YOU HARM MR.KITTY AFTER ALL THE ADVENTURES WE WERE ON!!! He's a million times better than companion cube!!

By the way i made the research and development maps fit into peoples garrysmod, so now they can play on garrysmod... wasnt hard at all i just moved them. Anyways i would love to see how this would run multiplayer.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=73854

All and any complaints go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd3UU9_Xq1M&NR=1

You'll notice it's hard to finish some puzzles (especially the one with the orange and blue particles that form a path for the combine ball tingie).

There's no way to get past the "drop a container on the APC" part, just after the antlion maze, without using noclip + remover tool + physgun.

I also noticed you didn't include materials nor models, so there are a lot of error models and missing materials.

I already "made" an addon version of this (includes a mod that allows you to drag stuff using E, and everything like models, materials, scripts, particles), but I don't like to release bugged addons. And since I can't code, I can't fix it.

Just downloaded and played it a bit. It's pretty cool, and it took me a while until I solved the first puzzle. :V

But on the part with the hanging container, one of the pieces fell down, so I have to start over again cause I don't have a savegame from just before that. :<