Mr. Green Gaming

Mr.Green ZS 3.0 Release

• Greens

Hello all, 

Yes its time that I make a new topic and post about something interesting.. I got nothing interesting to say...

Terrible English humour aside I would like to tell you all about the new mod, the current status of the mod and its current and its future developments.

8 months ago Damien said to me I should revive Mr.Green using the latest ZS mod, he sent me a link to the ZS GitHub and from that point onwards I've been on one hell of a journey. I've spent the last 8 months fully dedicated to reviving our ZS community and bringing back what we all love and hold dear. Has it all been worth it? Yea I'd say so, its been a blast and a half haha!

So lets get straight into the nitty gritty of the gamemode!

Credits:

Necrossin - Old reused code 

Duby - Leading Developer

Gheii Ben -Head Graphics developer

Old Bill -Modeller

ArzoNa -Graphics designer

Trazix - Arena Mapper

Stelk -Mapper

Rui -Arena Mapper

Ywa - Pain in the ass ;) as always.

I would like to firstly like to thank all of the Beta testers who put their own time aside to help me with the project and to believe in the projects success! All Beta testers have been given a nice special title ;) 

Old Fags, welcome back its been some time for a few of you but neither the less, you're more than welcome to rejoin the ranks amongst the chaos that is Mr.Green Zombie Survival!

So lets list out a Q and A to save me creating massive blocks of boring text.

Q&A

What is the mods goal?

-To bring a new lease of life into the Mr.Green zs community and to also show that Zombie Survival can be more than just cading.

Do you have Human classes?

-Yes

Do we have a levelling system?

-No (Not yet basically)

Do we still have our green coins?

-Not unless Ywa wants to sort it out for you all. (Does he still love us I wonder ;) )

When will the gamemode be live?

-The gamemode is in a state of feature completion, but it's technically in open beta. It will be released under the marketing decision that the community can help drive what is most important for the game modes development. (I don't want to spend my time developing shit people don't like or want) aka this week or next week.

Who is going to be developing this gamemode?

-Anyone who feels like it, I am the content manager for Git and anyone is free to develop something for the gamemode. As long as they bare in mind the rules stated on our Git

Can we have a link to the Git?

-Give me a pm and I'll give you a link ;)))))))

So what is so special about this mod? 

-Its Mr.Green we're talking about here, there isn't any words I can use to construct a sentence with the describe it :o 

I'm an old fag do I get anything for all my levelling and hard work?

-Yes! If you have proof find the old fag topic and make you case ^^

List of everything.....

Gamemode Log:

-Human view model legs

-Modified weapon bases

-New Human and Zombie HUD's

-Ported 3D screen notifications

-Ported Mr.Green boomstick

-Removed zs 3.0 player transparency

-Ported Mr.Green mobile supplies 

-Added Mr.Green new and old game start music

-New scoreboard

-New crate model

-Ported Melee crosshairs

-Ported Necrossin crow

-Created new Boss zombie weapon base

-Ported Howler

-Ported Etherial

-Ported Seeker

-Ported Nerf

-Ported Shoulder turret

-Ported Hate

-Ported Bohemoth

-New nerf model

-Ported Python

-Ported Blow torch

-Ported Dice

-Created new sub gamemode (Arena Mode)

-Created new Boss images

-Ported Freeman

-Added last man stand

-Ported Ravebreak

-Ported Admin mod

-Added Z time

-Ported Vote Mute/Gag/Kick

-Added Dual deagles

-Added Dual  Classic pistols

-Added  'The Prototype' shotgun

-Added Python

-Ported Robs zombie gasses

-New End Game screen (Still being developed, waiting on Ben for graphics)

These are all the large main things, but there is obviously a lot more under the hood.

Future developments:

Leveling system

Further developments for a new Greencoin and shop system

New bosses

More interesting weapons

Please use this as the main topic for complaining in etc... 

I will be obviously taking it all a little slower now and maybe finally finish The Legend of Zelda Majora's mask haha I do have some things still up my sleeve though ;) 

Cheers,

Duby

Edited by Duby

Beta testing was fun. Thanks for everything Duby (and everyone else that helped with the development.)

Mr Green ZS has been my favourite Gmod server ever since I first discovered it. Seeing it get revived makes me happy.

Looking forward for future updates and I hope everything works out.

Edited by Pistol Mags

This test was pretty good, fixed balancing since Zombies now stand a chance against Humans, but still I dont feel its ready for Beta test, yet. And alot of things need to be looked upon. Great progress although, it is possible to play as a zombie now.

Bugs I've found along the testing, and things that need sorting!

• Green gases still dont heal! Fix it
  • Zombies NEED spawn protection, by that I mean be delt less damage for 10 seconds.
  • Zombies NEED an assist system, aswell as some sort of barricade award system.
  • If you've gotten more than 4 brains while being a boss you will be automaticly redeemed in 2 minutes, cant be done at wave 6.
  • Wraith NEEDS a buff. Pick one: Increase 20HP damage to 45 / Dont freeze on air/ Increase speed, and decrease tp cooldown aswell as adding more health.
  • Add objectives around the map, which if players fullfil them (by repairing a zone, holding a sector) they get additional SP.
  • Instead of "Ammo!" in the shop, make a button called BUY AMMO, BUY WEAPON
  • Highlight fast zombie when you can choose him, if possible.
  • Separate the zombie classes by tiers, like I suggested to Duby in a document I've shown him.
  • Hate shouldnt freeze while attacking. I know he deals 90HP damage, but you cant get to humans at all. Overall is ok dont change anything on him
  • If you suicide or get killed while being a boss, when there is one minute left to start a new wave as a boss, you wont be the next boss zombie (fixes alot of exploits used by elite zs players which wont let other players go play as bosses).
11 hours ago, rui_troia said:
  • If you've gotten more than 4 brains while being a boss you will be automaticly redeemed in 2 minutes, cant be done at wave 6.
  • If you suicide or get killed while being a boss, when there is one minute left to start a new wave as a boss, you wont be the next boss zombie (fixes alot of exploits used by elite zs players which wont let other players go play as bosses).

These are bad ideas.

• Greens

Some of these I agree with some I don't. 

Hate is the strongest boss in terms of damage and at that the fastest, so I think its only right that he stands still while attacking. He's a battering ram for cades and moves humans quickening from any camping spots. So I think his stats are fine personally. If others disagree then do please say so.

I'm working on the poison gasses issue.

Etherials can teleport and are unlocked on wave 2, they have the stats they have due to the fact that if more than 5 zombies go as them they are hard to handle. So my thoughts on it is that they should be rather easy to kill. They keep the speed of the game up without murding all the humans before mid game.

Yea, I like the ammo and buy button idea, it sounds a lot smoother so I'll do that :)

48 minutes ago, rui_troia said:

ok, everytime I play as boss I will suicide when the next boss is about to be picked so I can be forever the boss and let no one else play, let my teammates do the work of killing the barricade so I can kill everyone inside it :]

moron pufulet

The zombie that dealt the most damage becomes boss. The best zombie becomes boss.

29 minutes ago, Pufulet said:

The zombie that dealt the most damage becomes boss. The best zombie becomes boss.

Just because you dealt most damage doesnt mean you have to suicide on purpose in order to not let the second most damage-dealing zombie be boss. This is a big flaw which must be looked upon and fixed as soon as possible.

• Greens

Hmm we'll take a view on it and see what's the best course of action, firstly we need to get players on to even start thinking about these things haha

Umm away this weekend, so if there are any issues post them here and not my steam inbox. I would most likely respond here.

And also, public beta test 24/7 server should only be activated when GC has been implemented, or any source that bounds the player to the server (aka getting anything from playing it), if you want to beta test then just alert everyone at a certain time.

The only thing you'll get from getting beta test server being ran 24/7 is loss of interess and hype, best is to just keep with the scheudles.

11 hours ago, rui_troia said:

Just because you dealt most damage doesnt mean you have to suicide on purpose in order to not let the second most damage-dealing zombie be boss. This is a big flaw which must be looked upon and fixed as soon as possible.

It's not a flaw. It's a design decision that has been there for years. If he wants to change it then so be it. Stop calling existing features flaws/bugs.

so what with the release and stuff, i thought we could organise some meetup times on the server to play together and enjoy the changes that have been made, hopefully noobs should start joining etc and the server should pick up again, thoughts? i thought maybe we could organise one for this coming saturday or somthing

It's obvious you're butthurt that a competent player can have a monopoly on Boss Zombie, try harder to claim it.

You're not a fan of JetBoom and his decisions made in zs 3.0, but that's fine change it all you want, you could atleast not act like a bitch.

Your personal vendetta against Pufulet is laughable, it's irrelevant to this thread, but you seem to like telling him to more or less fuck off. Will there be more posts of you shitting down on Pufulet's neck? if yes i'll get popcorn ready :)

I don't have any suggestions, I just don't like how shit your posts are, rui_troia.