Mr. Green Gaming

[SUGGESTION] New gamemode for MIX - DM-Race ( Without Hunter )

r0cK

Would you like to see PTF in the server and move all DM-based maps to this mode.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see PTF in the server and move all DM-based maps to this mode.

7 minutes ago, neox. said:

You know.. I hope you all get my point. There's a simple boat on capsize, showing off that the servers are also capsizing. I've been told of that long ago, and I somehow I agreed and disagreed at the same time, agreed because I could appreciate how we were losing players from our community and not random players, we were losing our "all time"  players, like if they had enough of playing it, or either because they couldn't play due to scripts that used to kick them and therefore not being able to play.. anyway, let's set this apart. I don't want any offense taken here, it's an objective view, server went improving and growing as the time was passing, new scripts, new interfaces, new forums.. and I really liked these changes, I could appreciate how my most enjoyable server to play was changing to good. Until, like all of the sudden it started to become something boring and then stand there watching how many of the people you knew and you used to enjoy a lot playing with them were leaving. Mappers.. some mappers who used to take effort making their maps, and taking their time to make them, either if it took one week, and then enjoy it without conveniences, their maps were liked by most, and disliked by haters, they didn't have to deal against map managers because their maps were being deleted. Now it really looks like these mappers who have bunch of maps all of the sudden, those mappers who didn't even have a map 3 months ago, now the server is full of them. Do you want to know the reason? it's pretty simple, what we used to call effort now it's hurry up, mate!  With that expression I want to show off how mappers lost the concept of taking time, of putting effort into their work; some mappers want to start a map and finish it as fast as possible, then upload it and start a new other to let themselves be known on the server.  But you either do your job very fast, decently and end up as a hero, or do it fast, without effort and end up as a villain. Most of these mappers who create a bunch of maps in a day or in a week usually get many maps deleted, since it's just.. bad, no other adjectives are needed.. they are really simple, with parts where people get stuck or bugged due to the loose person who does not even test their own maps before uploading it, then these mappers get triggered by getting their maps deleted. The concept of maps is one of the most popular and most talked, and it might not seem an important thread, but for sure it is, without maps it's like a person without eyes, everything's black, no maps are avaliable to load on a server, so it's pointless. Deathmatch.. oh, that gamemode that many people likes now, and I won't disagree with that, I like DM. In fact, it was the first gamemode I used to play and enjoy. But what happened there? some people tried to fit this gamemode into a server that wasn't for that, most of the players can't finish a DM map.. WHY? OH GOD TELL US WHY? because they like destruction derby, never the same, shooter; simple gamemodes that don't require many skills, neither it's about skills, it's about having fun, the concept of calling yourself pro because you can finish DM is hypocrite, and also applies to NTS, my favourite gamemode, it's about luck and having two hands, come on.. because this server wasn't made for that, neither I'd agree with the famous map 'A Great Adventure' but if you want to know the real thing behind this map is the battle between me and @besweeet, it's only about that, without him I would actually be AFK like I do on every new DM map that is being uploaded. A brief review of all what I said.. this server was meant to have fun, not to be skilled, a place where casual players can play peacefully, and either for those who really like it and decide to stay, just like me and many others. Maps used to take author's effort, now it's about re-upload a DM and add your name or finishing it as fast as possible. I don't blame your idea, @r0cK, there always have to be ideas, but I just found the perfect moment to say what's happening. I won't talk about the race server, although it seems to be alright, dunno at all, race players might know that better than me. I've certainly stopped enjoying what old days used to be, and I'm sure many others who I know as well. 

After all of this bible written, either way if you've read it or not, I hope you get the point. Apologies in advance for those who always hate opinions and disagree with everything that isn't their opinion. (doesn't mean it has to be you, so calm your tits down). 

I've gone through your bible writing and I'm not sure what your opinion about bad maps is related to my new gamemode topic. Also if you read briefly through my suggestion on the end of the topic you can see I stated to make DM-Based maps which are enjoyable and " easy " to be played by a bunch of people. Not only the pro's who might finish these maps.

My idea is just to bring fun maps; ( as wallrides and loopings are fun ) to the MIX server with checkpoints to respawn. That way new people can practice during their journey and don't have to wait the whole map to spectate the ones going to the finish.

I like the effort of your opinion but in my eyes it has nothing to do with my topic suggestion.

Greetings.

Just now, r0cK said:

I've gone through your bible writing and I'm not sure what your opinion about bad maps is related to my new gamemode topic. Also if you read briefly through my suggestion on the end of the topic you can see I stated to make DM-Based maps which are enjoyable and " easy " to be played by a bunch of people. Not only the pro's who might finish these maps.

My idea is just to bring fun maps; ( as wallrides and loopings are fun ) to the MIX server with checkpoints to respawn. That way new people can practice during their journey and don't have to wait the whole map to spectate the ones going to the finish.

Yeah, don't worry about that, I find that pretty entertaining, I just had to drop this text somewhere in the perfect mood, ignore the boat capsizing, it was just to make some fun

Just now, neox. said:

Yeah, don't worry about that, I find that pretty entertaining, I just had to drop this text somewhere in the perfect mood, ignore the boat capsizing, it was just to make some fun

Capsize, I'm first in the water... Too close to the bottom...

Anyway, I like the idea. I originally voted no and it won't let me change to yes, so 8-7 :).

16 minutes ago, neox. said:

because they like destruction derby, never the same, shooter; simple gamemodes that don't require many skills, neither it's about skills, it's about having fun, the concept of calling yourself pro because you can finish DM is hypocrite, and also applies to NTS, my favourite gamemode, it's about luck and having two hands, come on.. 

NTS, SH and even DD (it's just a shit mode because it's boring and redundant) all tend to have the same people winning and making tops because some sort of "skills" have been developed over time by players on these modes. Used to think it was about luck too when I started (especially NTS), and for some maps it really is (Jededo's go forward and free-fall maps for instance), and for tops it kinda is, but when I started playing MIX, I remember Wonas was always winning and now I can beat his ass (te amo roberto) so with time anyone can get better and still have fun. 

I don't see a big issue with Rock's idea other than any possible technical one (if there is any) regarding the implementation of such a mode. I've never played DM but Rock's idea seems interesting. Would be sort of like RTF with checkpoints, perks (to "kill" other players) and no ghost mode.  

Just now, Cena said:

Thats still not a reason for developers to work on something like that. Its almost 50% each. There SHOULD be a huge difference between YES and NO.

I know but as you know there are more people not active on this forum. Might be the same for no voters. Whatever, it was just an idea. 

I think it don't need hard maps to be good. It don't need hard loops and jumps etc. I don't know how many players played MTA about 8-10 years ago. There were sooo gooood maps what i just can't find at "modern" mta. Like DM maps where u could grind with NRG on a fence, or grind with a combine upside down on 2 fence or pipe, or just a tricky, narrow map with a car, or the glasshouse map with the big plane ETC. If you remember these things you know what i'm writing about and i think these kind of maps should appear again. Maybe it's a really oldschool idea and maybe it's not possible to do it but i think these maps could be good for the server. 

Anyway, i don't think the server need DM style maps (except these old kind maps) because like Neox said, this server is not really about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my eyes the next things happening right now: 

There's a group of players (about 10-15 player) who want to force their shit maps to MIX. These players usually playing here since about a year (1 or 2 of them more) and they want to spread this DM thing on MIX.  

They say: why not? it's MIX it can take more gamemodes. 
Ye, The server name is MIX. But if you would  make a tasty fruit juice with nice fruits and you would  put a garlic  into the blender then the juice will be TOTALLY BAD TASTE.  Also, the garlic would be nice on a pizza or with some meat. So, i don't absolute have problem with the garlic, it's a nice vegetable but it's not suitable for a fruit juice. 

Please, don't change the server in a bad way... 

Edited by mr.reese

Reese you sayd you just gonna leave this server because of DM maps, so just leave. A lot of players saw, when are you crying about everything, like 80% of the maps are wrong for u, someone creates map and immediately you start to moan. If its wrong for u, just go in race or find another server!