Mr. Green Gaming

[POLL] What to do about bad maps?

What should be done about bad maps?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done about bad maps?

• Remove ALL maps that have more dislikes than likes (even if the margin is slim)
    • Remove maps ONLY if they have a lot more dislikes than likes (we'll have to come up with a standard ratio based on times played)
    • Deal with the bad maps (life isn't fair, so deal with the maps by learning to play them like everyone else)
    • Other (describe in a post)

this whole situation wouldnt exist if you guys didnt start uploading every attempt at makin a map, even reuploading maps that were deleted for a good reason. of course its a pain in the ass now to figure out whats worth keepin and whatnot. thats why people started complaining about it years ago.

funniest thing is, the 2 most vocal map bitchers here haven't even been that loyal to the server. Megas just came back to the server after making a big show of leaving by posting a "I'm leaving goodby" thread in the forum, and Gametaff just came back after being gone for over 3 years.

1 minute ago, wooozie said:

this whole situation wouldnt exist if you guys didnt start uploading every attempt at makin a map, even reuploading maps that were deleted for a good reason. of course its a pain in the ass now to figure out whats worth keepin and whatnot. thats why people started complaining about it years ago.

As far as new maps go's it's a different argument. Personally  I test for bugs then upload if there are none and let the people decide if we should keep it. I think the server should be made up of maps of player who are playing here.

Just now, wooozie said:

great, so in one year were at 3000 maps then? why even upload new maps, if theyre not the best shit ever, server is fuckin full.

Variety. The maps you think are shit aren't shit to everyone. I forgot... Only what you and megaz say should matter.

Just now, wooozie said:

im not raging about maps, im complaing that it doesnt improve the server. some people probably get my point, some not. spend some more time on the server and you will agree with me, im pretty sure about that.

They might not improve the server, but they don't make it worse.

If you had your way, the server would only have maps that you have a top 1 at, right?

The people voting to delete unliked maps are seriously misguided.

There's an expression in movies called ''so bad it's good''. It means that the spark in life is in subjective ''guilty pleasures'', private tastes and solipsistic faps. Consensus is boring, predictable, correct, routine, average, middlebrow.

Maps shouldn't be like voting in an election for president of Usanistan, they should be about quirky divisive things that some love and others hate. The best maps like the best movies, the best art, the best paintings, the best stories, the best novels. They are divisive and disruptive. Like a dozer on NTS, they are worthy of ragegasm but nobody cares and fapu.