Mr. Green Gaming

CTF balance

hi guys, i spend a lot on ctf server and it has a problem with balance.

Basicly all the regular players band together and most of regulars are beter than others and we play more as a team.

So the other team gets owned and ppl slowly start to leave because noone loves to lose all the time, and than the regulars leave because server is half empty

dont know what can you do about this, probably scramble, but not too much of it

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:V

There is still no option to do it in Arena. There hopefully will be:

post-48-1252402702_thumb.jpg

post-48-1252402725_thumb.jpg

post-48-1252402756_thumb.jpg

These were taken early this morning.

Although this one is PL, it's still very unbalanced.

post-48-1252402788_thumb.jpg

I took these only today. If it wasn't for the Win7 installation, I would have 10 more. Apperently, the TC won't listen to you, unless you have proof. People in the Arena server are leaving, because the teams are very unbalanced. We need the Teamscramble!

Edited by Botervloot

Scrambling isn't a very good option either. I hate it when you get placed in the a new team while you were playing / voice chatting with teammates. And a winning team is a winning team. This is not a game balance issue. Both teams start with the exact same conditions, but there are better players in one team so they win. That's the point of the game.

One thing that can lower frustration is to make the map rotation times shorter, so new maps come along faster.

It might be good to scramble them after a certain point e.g. if one team is losing by a certain amount, the game auto-scrambles the teams, to try to make it fairer and a more balanced fight

Or atleast ADD the option to the admin menu, in case people start whining that they want a teamscramble. I don't nessesarily want the teamscramble to come back.

:V

There is still no option to do it in Arena. There hopefully will be:

post-48-1252402702_thumb.jpg

post-48-1252402725_thumb.jpg

post-48-1252402756_thumb.jpg

These were taken early this morning.

Although this one is PL, it's still very unbalanced.

post-48-1252402788_thumb.jpg

I took these only today. If it wasn't for the Win7 installation, I would have 10 more. Apperently, the TC won't listen to you, unless you have proof. People in the Arena server are leaving, because the teams are very unbalanced. We need the Teamscramble!

We know insane. owns :DI'm a member of it..

It's cool to play with your clanmates in 1 team and is a good training for clanwars.

Also, you can learn the enemies techniques faster.

insane?

You mean insane stacking.

i dont play on the server when they have stacked like hell.

they once had all players on RED and only one of them on BLU.

Guess who won.

Steamrolledsteamrolledsteamrolledsteamrolled *Hundred2 left the game (Ragequit)*

But that was three times, maybe they dont stack every round.

Scrambling isn't a very good option either. I hate it when you get placed in the a new team while you were playing / voice chatting with teammates. And a winning team is a winning team. This is not a game balance issue. Both teams start with the exact same conditions, but there are better players in one team so they win. That's the point of the game.

Thanks Clavus for reading my thoughts before I even read the topic.

Completely agreed with Clavus, and winning is more fun than getting scrambled and having hard time winning anyway.

What I'd like to see is seperate servers for ctf and cp, as I don't like cp that much but I do like ctf.

I realize it's annoying to get beaten over and over because the other team has regulars/ skilled players gravitating towards one another, but the problem is that there's nothing we can really do about it. Scramble would be more likely to result in people spectating until they can get back to their friend's team, or else causing players to quit. And even if we could scramble, there's no guarantee the team you're in is going to be any better than the team you came from.

I do find myself guilty of joining the team with the regulars in it, though; you know what to expect from them, and the chat's always nice.

What I'd like to see is seperate servers for ctf and cp, as I don't like cp that much but I do like ctf.

Considering there's... four or five CTF maps, this wouldn't really be that great of an idea. Especially on the server's current map time limit (45 minutes) since, unlike CP maps, CTF maps have to played until the bitter end. And it's indeed a bitter end when both teams decide that taking the intel should take a backseat to erecting eight sentry nests around the intel.

Lowering the map time limit to 30 minutes could be a suggestion for the CP server, though. I believe the current time limit there is 45 minutes now, and around 30 minutes (or 2-3 wins by one team) people start calling out for scrambles or mapchange.

I do find myself guilty of joining the team with the regulars in it, though; you know what to expect from them, and the chat's always nice.

Me too. If there are a lot of Green players in one team, I try to join them, even if the other team is losing horribly.

Edited by Axon

I'll agree with Wixern in that I'll always go for the team with the regulars over people I don't know, and that does really unbalance the teams. But I don't think that is the problem here.

The old server used to be always full at peak times, so there would always be new people to fill in the gaps and to balance out the teams. I don't know why, but there's just not that many people on it since the move, I usually join and see 12 vs 12, which quickly drops as people leave until eventually everyone leaves because of lack of people.

Anyone else noticed this, or just me?

They most likely leave BECAUSE all the regulars remain in one team. When it's 12 Vs. 12, and one team has eight regulars banding together, it's going to be a massive steamroll. People don't like losing, so they quit. And at the end of the night, it's 4 regulars against another 4 regulars.

Also, do we show on the giant server list since the move? I do get the feeling some people don't run into the server any more...

They most likely leave BECAUSE all the regulars remain in one team. When it's 12 Vs. 12, and one team has eight regulars banding together, it's going to be a massive steamroll. People don't like losing, so they quit. And at the end of the night, it's 4 regulars against another 4 regulars.

Also, do we show on the giant server list since the move? I do get the feeling some people don't run into the server any more...

I see many new players joining the CP/CTF server though.

Me too. If there are a lot of Green players in one team, I try to join them, even if the other team is losing horribly.

wait.. AXON YOU NEVER JOIN MY TEAM ;<<<

Axon always changes teams when I join the team he is on.

I try to join Axon as much as possible. He doesn't mind it most of the time. I think.

Axon in team = Winning team.

Thats why if youre against Axon, get everyone on your team to kill as many demomen as possible, you never know you might get lucky