Mapcycle Zombie Survival

Clavus

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think that will balance the map. For example take the fact that everyone goes to the roof and spawncamp the zombies. The zombies has only 1 way to the roof. The map also got FPS drop, check if its properly optimized.

About the secret, you can simply delete the button or the wohle area to make it run faster.

Strange...it doesn't happens to me,have you got an old computer or a recent? (I can remove the fog if it make everyone bugs),Hobo>>why is it wrong???

I checked out the ghost canal map. It's more a deathmatch map than a real zombie survival map. Humans have no place to hide. You set up the spawn wrong (use team spawns, not just info_player_start). The map doesn't have much detail and is kind of empty higher up. The rising water is pretty cool but not really adding to the game itself.

Strange...it doesn't happens to me,have you got an old computer or a recent? (I can remove the fog if it make everyone bugs),Hobo>>why is it wrong???

By murdering my FPS I don't mean it lags me to unplayable lengths, or to an unplayable frame rate; I could be playing at 80-90 fps, but then if fog was added it'd cause a drop to like 60-70 which to a lower preforming card would cause a fair amount of trouble.

Plus fog doesn't really look that good in the source engine due to the fact that in the distance when the fog covers a building it looks more like a graphics anomaly than an engine effect.

Ok,ok,I listened (or read maybe) what you said.I tried to add some decorations to make the map less "empty",I've added 4 rooms (Yeah,you will see a kind of lab,a gaz room,a water zone with a zombie prisoner :D , and a hided mini room (Clavus,you said that humans can't hide,now they can).

Here is link (with three pics these time :P and the tags bugs :( )

The only bug I noticed is two buggy lights (you will see a red light trail on some parts of the bridges,and the car light which comes too far) For the moment I can't fix it correctly,but I will do it later ;)

If you find othe bugs,please tell me!

For the FPS I checked there isn't a huge difference,but I saw it changes,according to the area you're looking at,I'm optimizing the map ;)

EDIT: Oh damn...my connection is slow this night,pictures are not uploaded don't know why :(