Mr. Green Gaming

Mapcycle Zombie Survival

Clavus

You go make them then, and we'll decide if it's fun to play in.

Not possible. We can't draw text or whatever. So we won't be able to create good objective maps.

Eh, we could make custom textures that work as a sign.

It's plausible.

I would take a look at it, but the model thingy crashed -_-

Edited by Botervloot
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not possible. We can't draw text or whatever. So we won't be able to create good objective maps.

It's plausible.

People won't look at it. And we need something that draws the objective on the screen all the time.

It's plausible.

People won't look at it. And we need something that draws the objective on the screen all the time.

Most Source games don't have that.

And it's not possible in hammer to make.

Meh.

• 3 weeks later...

Zs_subversive_part3 , why?

1) Map looks good maybe but it's UN-BA-LAN-CED , and particularly for zombies: The map is basically a big corridor with some rooms on the side and that's all,and it's very hard for zombies to attack because humans are always camping on the other side and cading the way which leads to the pool,or if they don't camp here,they camp in other rooms. (the one with a railing floor for example,or the other near a bridge,with a mini bridge on the roof where humans can camp by using a prop to go there...)

2)Don't you think there are too much subversive maps? (and globally,too much Stelk's map)

3)The changing light,very annoying cause you can't see anything in the rooms unless using your lamp,but even with that it's too dark.

I have to agree with Nugget. zs_subversive_v3 is "UN-BA-LAN-CED".It is very hard for zombies to attack humans. Even with very good players like Bean on the zombie side, it's impossible! Sometimes humans win the map, most of the time they lose it. Either he makes rooms barricadeable, either take the map down! Also, i want to comment on zs_subversive_v2. As you all know, the zombie spawn is at the second level, while human spawn is at the first. Between them, there is just an entrance (that ladder), that humans can easily camp. Only if zombies are lucky to scare the humans with propkills, zombies win! Another map where you can't barricade, and the only place you can see people is on the roof or outside, killing freshly spawned zombies, is zs_outpost_last. In this map, humans don't barricade , they just climb up the big roof and kill zombies. Either put some clip, so that no one can reach the roof and make the inside more barricadeable or remove the map.

There is one more thing about Stelk's map. I don't wanna seem harsh or something. I appreciate his work, but in most of his map, you can't cade ! A room with a couch and lots of shelfs, etc ..(like clavus's segment map, with that room with the water pool in it, and lots of barrels and couches) should do fine!

*** For Sneed. That vent is a deathtrap, if you have poison zombie unlocked and barrels (which you have plenty on that map).

zs_zincoshine_revamp - Not fun anymore, without the grenades! Humans tend to climb on the big roof and shoot zombies, but they get killed rapidly when fast zombie unlock!

zs_fortress - heavy spawn killing!

zs_ravenholm_v4 - In great need of barricadeable rooms!

zs_thevillage - As usually, players go into the small house, while the others die in that elevator. Back in the old times, this was a win map, but now zombies usually go to the house, to ambush the humans and get that damn couch out, rather than break the doors to the spawn room for humans.

zs_urbandecay2 - There is no place where you can possibly barricade against zombies effectively.

zs_darkvilla_v2 - Unlike version 1, you have no place to go/cade as a human!

I don't see why Zs_ravenholm_v4 should be removed? Usually it's balanced, I have won the map a few times.

The humans can camp inside at the roof of the small building (the one where you jump on the lamp and get up) Ravenholm is one of the best maps in my opinion.

Darkvilla - remove it. So dark and boring, no good places.

Zs_subversive_part3 - I agree Nugget.

Zs_lifescience - The tunnel is a trap. I never go down there anymore because you'll die if a zombie puts a barrel down there.

:lol: lifescience sucks becuse those vents if you have one of those barrels there sucks anyways becuse it will go very far to them maybe cause 5 damage to them they kill you when your half way to the barrel and they destroy the barrel with there knife and crowbars...

Im gunna miss Ventilation, It was a good map.

The maps I think should be considered to be removed are Junkyard & Farmhouse. Why?

Junkyard looks nice from a design perspective, but its too big & there are not many good places for humans to camp. It can also be difficult for Zombies to make an impact as the Humans can attack from a distance.

Farmhouse is just a sucky map. Apart from the spinning machine I really just dislike this map like many others.

Those are the maps apart from the ones you've said your going to remove I can find faults in! I liked Lifescience, I guess because its unbalanced I can understand why you removed it but I loved that map ;)

I really miss Port (is that the name of the one with the lighthouse & rising water???) & Tug hut :(

Im gunna miss Ventilation, It was a good map.

The maps I think should be considered to be removed are Junkyard & Farmhouse. Why?

Junkyard looks nice from a design perspective, but its too big & there are not many good places for humans to camp. It can also be difficult for Zombies to make an impact as the Humans can attack from a distance.

Farmhouse is just a sucky map. Apart from the spinning machine I really just dislike this map like many others.

Those are the maps apart from the ones you've said your going to remove I can find faults in! I liked Lifescience, I guess because its unbalanced I can understand why you removed it but I loved that map ;)

I really miss Port (is that the name of the one with the lighthouse & rising water???) & Tug hut :(

It's not Port but Imahouse :D,yeah that was a cool map too,but that's lame they removed the water and the tunnel thing :o

I think what is really needed are some more interesting maps. There are too many lame house maps. I really enjoy all of clavus' maps becasue they are original and easy to get lost in. We need more 'maze' maps like this which don't involve just camping. When I learn to map (if I ever get round to it) I'll try and make an epic maze. Maps like this will make zs much more interesting without any extra work to the gamemode itself. You would also be able to get lots of maze maps because they seem fairly easy to make.

Also on a side note, I made my first map ever the other day which is basically a long corridor. I think if i put a zombie spawn at one end with lots of tires and the human spawn at the other it would be a fun minigame you could have like every 5 rounds. The round would last 5 minutes and the humans would have no weapons. The humans would just have to dodge the zombies and the tires and try to survive the round. I think that would be extremely fun.

I think what is really needed are some more interesting maps. There are too many lame house maps. I really enjoy all of clavus' maps becasue they are original and easy to get lost in. We need more 'maze' maps like this which don't involve just camping. When I learn to map (if I ever get round to it) I'll try and make an epic maze. Maps like this will make zs much more interesting without any extra work to the gamemode itself. You would also be able to get lots of maze maps because they seem fairly easy to make.

Also on a side note, I made my first map ever the other day which is basically a long corridor. I think if i put a zombie spawn at one end with lots of tires and the human spawn at the other it would be a fun minigame you could have like every 5 rounds. The round would last 5 minutes and the humans would have no weapons. The humans would just have to dodge the zombies and the tires and try to survive the round. I think that would be extremely fun.

I'm sorry to ruin all the fun for you, but this isn't puzzle gamemode. It's zombie survival! You need realistic maps, like in left4dead D:.I agree with the "epic" map thing, we surely need more unique, fun maps to play...

Edited by -N7-BloodGuard Deluvas

I'm sorry to ruin all the fun for you, but this isn't puzzle gamemode. It's zombie survival! You need realistic maps, like in left4dead D:.I agree with the "epic" map thing, we surely need more unique, fun maps to play...

Speaking of unique, fun maps, whatever happened to your Black Mesa map you were working on deluvas? That looked fucking awesome

Yeh fair enough

Learning gamemode lua is on my to do list so you never know, I might code it and host it myself one day.

Ammo regen should be deleted... no further questions your honor

Why? Oo I don't like playing on noxious because of that(and also for sucky speed movements etc...)

Don't delete the ammo regen,think about those who are firing a lot on zombies and they waste ammos because someone stoled their kill.The guy will die cause he won't get any other weapon (unless he finds one on the ground).

Seriously,the ammo regen system is fine,and useful.

And if you want honor,then play only with a knife/crowbar during the whole game :P

I liked Lifescience, I guess because its unbalanced I can understand why you removed it but I loved that map ;)

I haven't played on Green server for about a year, but i am the creator of the zs_lifescience map, seeing this comment made me so happy :lol:

It's sad that it was removed, i am happy it was on the server all this time (i haven't played Garrys Mod for so long, so to realise my map has been playing all this time is cool :P ).

I have lost the vmf file for the map :unsure: , but if somebody could send me the BSP file i can decompile it and create a new, more balanced version if admins are still accepting new maps to the server maplist?

If this is allowed, i will accept any suggestions for the map and would like to hear more feedback if any of you have been playing it for ages because it was so fun to create and i am curious if the secret tunnels have been discovered, it took me so long to create as all the textures where made by me just for the map : :P