Mr. Green Gaming

Fake Player Counts Are BAD.

It's not like the servers are unpopular. If they're empty on a work day, then they're empty. Better than giving yourself a bad reputation as a server/host that uses fake player counts. See the many posts at the official steam forums about how many people hate it and how many people never visit servers again if they use fake player counts. Just my advice, the only reason I still play on them is because I know they're usually good servers. Random server surfers may not.

It's not like the servers are unpopular. If they're empty on a work day, then they're empty. Better than giving yourself a bad reputation as a server/host that uses fake player counts. See the many posts at the official steam forums about how many people hate it and how many people never visit servers again if they use fake player counts. Just my advice, the only reason I still play on them is because I know they're usually good servers. Random server surfers may not.

I thought it was a bug?

That makes perfect sense. He says he doesn't play on mr green servers because of the player counts, regardless of whether they are good servers or not

What is he doing here then? :')

With fake slots we wouldn't have 4 popular TF2 servers. My intention then was the use it, since GTFOGaming and such use(d) it too. We should lower or disable it, I think.

What? Fake? It has never been fake?

For me at least. It showed 23 players, there was 23 players.

Why the fuck L4G Would use fake player counts when they are pretty much in the top!

Oh yeah, our Zombie survival is pretty popular.

A hour ago, there was 1 player (Me)

Now there is 30 players.

But GTFOgaming is still using it. I went there a few days ago, it showed 20 players. There were only 4.

Edited by Lemon!
Whats the problem... if it turns out to be empty you just leave? If it says 0 players you wont join either and then its harder to get more players

You do feel deceived if you join the server, whilest it's empty. And players might remember this, and not join the server. Not sure though.

Fuck it, atleas I feel deceived :monocle:

Whats the problem... if it turns out to be empty you just leave? If it says 0 players you wont join either and then its harder to get more players

You do feel deceived if you join the server, whilest it's empty. And players might remember this, and not join the server. Not sure though.

I shed a tear everytime this happens.

I havent even noticed it...?

Just press fucking "View server info"

I ususally do it when I have nothing to do, if I see people I don't know, i check in to make sure they're not farming..

I do that on all servers i play regularly, I don't see whats the big deal -.-

I shed a tear everytime this happens.

awesomehighres.png

LOL AT THE IMAGE! ROFL. But yeah...Why people cry anyway?

Why do you even bother posting?

Don't be a hater. He asked a question.

I bet people cry because they're too lazy to rightclick, click and click again, insted of just *click click*..

Kinda got used to the fake player counts. I always check the server info before joining at midnight / in the morning. There's always player on in the afternoon. Thing is: fake players make good kickstarters for the server. Higher chance that 2 people join at the same time and stick around for other people to join.