Mr. Green Gaming

Robbies Photography

RoboRobb

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

My names Robbie, also known as RoboRobb to you :) I live in London, England and I am a Graphic Designer and Photographer :D

I thought I would share with you some of my photography........ enjoy

Boston1.bmp

Boston2.bmp

Boston4.bmp

Boston11.bmp

Boston13.bmp

Boston20.bmp

Boston22.bmp

Let me know what you think

very noice, i take it that because the filenames all start with boston, that they were taken there?

but noice

Very nice, I like the one of the phone booth because of all the colour contrast. Do you have some more high-res versions? If you convert them to .png they'll instantly display in your post (bmp is basically uncompressed so that's why it isn't directly displayed).

ahh kk! will try and convert them. Thanks :)

**Done! Couldnt get a higher resolution version tho :l Still, thanks clav ^^ **

Astonishing shots you got. The colours blend in so perfect in the city like pictures .Blue, and white, and how the reflection of the windows reflects the sky. Really beautiful :)

Didn't like the penguin one though. Too much movement. :<

I have always wanted to start taking photographies aswell, but it's all grey and boring here in Sweden. Maybe I should take a trip to the UK, and get a nice camera with me.

What camera do you use then?

Edited by Redgord
  • 5 weeks later...

Heres the most Recent project I worked on. I was asked to incorporate Typography (The use of Text) With my Photography to create a visual interpretation of a character.

The character selected for me was called Vincent- a Homeless, Nazi Musician... :blink:

I created the font shown thinking that It should symbolise the shit state this character is in + his feelings on life.

I decided to display the text around the characters face on a simple to show the emotions that had been locked up within this character. I wanted it to be simple yet effective & slightly weird. The box is used to present to keep in theme with the homelessness and surroundings. Spray painted are the words that society have decided to 'label' him.

Thoughts?

post-75-1234784093_thumb.png

post-75-1234784529_thumb.png

post-75-1234785180_thumb.png

post-75-1234785455_thumb.png

Btw yes that is me lol. Dont worry I dont dress like that.

I used a Tripod, My 400D camera & a wide angle lens for this project.

I decided to display the text around the characters face on a simple to show the emotions that had been locked up within this character. I wanted it to be simple yet effective & slightly weird. The box is used to present to keep in theme with the homelessness and surroundings. Spray painted are the words that society have decided to 'label' him.

was this an in depth evaluation that you had to write as well? :P

Very nice pictures, my favourite is probably the second one.

I think on the last one, with the guitar, it would be better if the guitar had a broken string or two.

apart from that, very nice =]

btw, how do you get the bright colours (on the last one) and the strecthing of the image (on the second one, dont know what else to call it)

Is that to do with the lense or did you edit them afterwards by increaing the saturation and i dont know what for the 'strecthing'

was this an in depth evaluation that you had to write as well? :P

Very nice pictures, my favourite is probably the second one.

I think on the last one, with the guitar, it would be better if the guitar had a broken string or two.

apart from that, very nice =]

btw, how do you get the bright colours (on the last one) and the strecthing of the image (on the second one, dont know what else to call it)

Is that to do with the lense or did you edit them afterwards by increaing the saturation and i dont know what for the 'strecthing'

I just wrote that off the top of my head lol! :) good to know I can explain my work alright :D

I would of made the guitar a bit busted up bit its my one and only :)

The vibrant look of the images is a setting adjustment I made on my camera, which allows me to shoot in high contrast - Thats why it comes out like that .. The stretching is the Wide Angle 'Fish-eye' lens I was using.. You see it used in Skateboarding Videos and stuff. I love it :)