Mr. Green Gaming

Valve corporations future...

Mr. Darkness

If Valve would die, than steam wouldn't change a lot. there would still be a lot of games and people will still be able to play half life :)

If Valve suddenly went bankrupt there's a big chance Steam would come in bad weather too. It'd have to find a new company to take over the development and all player accounts.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Valve wont die, cos there are TOO many fans of Valve (I'm the one of them :V), that wont let Valve die. The sons or some other fans/Guys that are working on Hl: black mesa will continue Valve (but maybe they may change Valves label). So thats my opinion. :V

Why is this in the tutorial section?

An accident

If Valve suddenly went bankrupt there's a big chance Steam would come in bad weather too. It'd have to find a new company to take over the development and all player accounts.

How I said, the moderators will continue their existing.

• 1 year later...

Bump

Now I'm 100% sure. In the coming 10 years, Valve will be bought by Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Arguments:

- Sony starts to release more games to the PC platform (DC Universe Online for example, both PS3 and PC)

- Sony stated they'll make a SDK + drivers for their Move controller for the PC (Portal 2 with Move, anyone?)

- Microsoft has Microsoft Games for Windows Live (or whatever it is named) and combines it with Xbox Live + phones

- Valve wants to expand with Steam (support for Mac, PS3 etc.). With Sony's support they can expand their platform even more (such as mobile phones).

However, I'm sure if Valve would be bought, they would still be an independent company.

Bump

Now I'm 100% sure. In the coming 10 years, Valve will be bought by Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Arguments:

- Sony starts to release more games to the PC platform (DC Universe Online for example, both PS3 and PC)

- Sony stated they'll make a SDK + drivers for their Move controller for the PC (Portal 2 with Move, anyone?)

- Microsoft has Microsoft Games for Windows Live (or whatever it is named) and combines it with Xbox Live + phones

- Valve wants to expand with Steam (support for Mac, PS3 etc.). With Sony's support they can expand their platform even more (such as mobile phones).

However, I'm sure if Valve would be bought, they would still be an independent company.

Valve does own Steam. And Steam is growing quite fast. Maybe in 10 years it will be bought by Sony, but I don't see drastic changes happening within atleast 10 years.