Mr. Green Gaming

Gamemode idea / expanding IW(?)

My previous gamemode idea Sniper vs. Sniper is still in the back of my head, but at the same time, people in Infected Wars want to see some change. So I came up with some ideas to expand IW, although I don't know if I should drop the current structure of the gamemode, or just add new game types that appear on some maps.

One note: nothing is set in stone. These are just ideas. They might never come to fruition.

1) Make objective based maps.

• Objective idea 1: about 2/3 of the players spawn as undead at a location on the map. Near them is a unholy totem obelisk thing that the special forces need to blow up. The special forces spawn at the other side of the map. Could possibly add some cool stuff like a bomb carrier. Or a helicopter or some shit.
  • Objective idea 2: VIP style gamemode where on either the human or undead team a priority target needs to be slain.

2) Add more 'factions' beside undead and special forces. Maybe rebels as survivors, they act as a weaker human faction. Shitton of possibilities for a new undead faction.

Anyway, just brainstorming. If no other project comes up (like, Crash 'n Smash becoming part of GMod), I might just get bored enough to work this out somewhat.

I liked the idea of having one 'VIP' human. Mixes a little bit of strategy into the gamemode aswell.

But to do this, you have to fix the bugs that's already in IW :P

+1

It will push you up to protect that guy.

But I think that he shall have then more hp and suit power. Also it will be an EXTRA class. Like, If you choosed assault and you become VIP, you get an Ak or something (well, I mean he gets the weapons, which other classes dont have), an SUPERAWESOMEEXTRATERRIFICOVERPOWEREDDEADLY shotgun.

Or if you want to make it boring, then 1 class that has a pistol and knife (DUH!). (expect more health and suit).

I like the first one more, cuz it's much more fun with more BONUS classes to play.

EDIT: Fix iw first, as said Sacry.

Edited by Mr.Darkness

I like the idea of objective based maps, but the question is, how would they work?

Special Forces have though time surviving the game as it is (atleast last time I played)

Same goes for helicopter, I fucking love the idea, but how would it work?

If you want new infected types, what about a zombie that can fly, but has low/med hp and doesn't have any firearms.

Attacking would happen while midair, and grabbing an enemy for few seconds, then dropping it.

I like the idea of objective based maps, but the question is, how would they work?

Same goes for helicopter, I fucking love the idea, but how would it work?

Air node + ground node entities that are used in Hammer editor (Source SDK)?

Althrough npc_bullseye would help too.

Edited by Mr.Darkness

How would a new human faction work? Could the Special Forces and Rebels kill eachother?

No, the idea is that the survivor faction consists of ordinary humans, that do not have the same firepower as the special forces and thus are more suited for objective maps where there needs to be a balance on both teams.

What I envisioned for the helicopter was combining the scripted flyable helicopters with weapon seats welded to em. If you combine this with a large open map with a small undead infested town in the middle that needs to be infiltrated, epicness ensues (at least in my imagination).

I don't think we should add any helicopters or anything to IW, it would fail.

Although, there is alot of cool things you can do with IW, without changing the entire game.

for example; in de_indusrty there is a huge warehouse. When we were about 20 players the humans would camp inside, and the zombies tried to get in. The rounds were a little bit shorter, but it was great playing it. It was so much more fun than just running around with no strategy :P

Dont make a new gamemode out of IW! DONT MAKE US SUFFER LIKE ZS!

But the survivor thing sounds cool. Its a bad idea to add a new team. It's better to make a new class for the special forces. Cuz if you make a new team we need new maps, new gameplay, the game may be unbalanced and a lot of people gonna get angry at you. (no offence Deluv)

If you make a new VIP class for humans like the behemoth, get chosen at the same time as the undead.

Name: Mr. President (TF2 spy skin with a obama head)

HP: 100

Suit power 40

Weapon: Revolver, 6 ammo, high dmg and a machete.

Power: All humans give 10% more DMG to undead, In a range of 30 meters. ( This make him importan in the battlefeld and not just a camper) If he dies humans dont lose the battle, but all humans give 10% dmg less. (20% in total from compared to the 30m range.) His weapons are powerfull, but cant go rambo. He need the power to survive a normal size undead attack alone.(3-4 undead)

Just in general, fix the lucky luke and bullet storm bug. And add more achivements, its only 50 and a few "luck" achivements had been fun. Like jump to the death or dont use regen a entire round and survive. Kill aleast 10 undead before take any dmg to health. No scope enemy whit a sniper rifle.

EDIT:

I don't think we should add any helicopters or anything to IW, it would fail.

Although, there is alot of cool things you can do with IW, without changing the entire game.

for example; in de_indusrty there is a huge warehouse. When we were about 20 players the humans would camp inside, and the zombies tried to get in. The rounds were a little bit shorter, but it was great playing it. It was so much more fun than just running around with no strategy :P

+1

Edited by Notte

What I envisioned for the helicopter was combining the scripted flyable helicopters with weapon seats welded to em. If you combine this with a large open map with a small undead infested town in the middle that needs to be infiltrated, epicness ensues (at least in my imagination).

Fuck yeah.

But, it should have specific maps made for those gamemodes, while still keeping the old IW there.

Some demolitionlike gamemode with that setup seems interesting.

What about the town having 4-6 bomb sites, and only some of them need to be destroyed?

As infected got respawns and humans don't.

Dont make a new gamemode out of IW! DONT MAKE US SUFFER LIKE ZS! But the survivor thing sounds cool. Its a bad idea to add a new team. It's better to make a new class for the special forces. Cuz if you make a new team we need new maps, new gameplay, the game may be unbalanced and a lot of people gonna get angry at you. (no offence Deluv)If you make a new VIP class for humans like the behemoth, get chosen at the same time as the undead. Name: Mr. President (TF2 spy skin with a obama head)HP: 100Suit power 40Weapon: Revolver, 6 ammo, high dmg and a machete.Power: All humans give 10% more DMG to undead, In a range of 30 meters. ( This make him importan in the battlefeld and not just a camper) If he dies humans dont lose the battle, but all humans give 10% dmg less. (20% in total from compared to the 30m range.) His weapons are powerfull, but cant go rambo. He need the power to survive a normal size undead attack alone.(3-4 undead)Just in general, fix the lucky luke and bullet storm bug. And add more achivements, its only 50 and a few "luck" achivements had been fun. Like jump to the death or dont use regen a entire round and survive. Kill aleast 10 undead before take any dmg to health. No scope enemy whit a sniper rifle. EDIT:

I don't think we should add any helicopters or anything to IW, it would fail.Although, there is alot of cool things you can do with IW, without changing the entire game.for example; in de_indusrty there is a huge warehouse. When we were about 20 players the humans would camp inside, and the zombies tried to get in. The rounds were a little bit shorter, but it was great playing it. It was so much more fun than just running around with no strategy :P
+1

+5 to all above

King of the hill maps lol, you could add different suits with different powers so instead of vision you get cloak or sometihng

how bout first adding new achievements and guns or bux fixes before expanding the shizzle.

Maybe when the round is on to be ended, the helicopters will fly for you like in ending of Stalker - cop?

I think, that this would be more fun, cos you will need to run against zombies, which may already be near the copter.

If you do not run to heli, you die... or just lose the round.

EDIT: You will still need to shoot the zombies, behe can destroy the copter. The most important thing is to bring the VIP to those copters.

BUT NO USEABLE HELICOPTERS!

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Maybe when the round is on to be ended, the helicopters will fly for you like in ending of Stalker - cop?

I think, that this would be more fun, cos you will need to run against zombies, which may already be near the copter.

If you do not run to heli, you die... or just lose the round.

No.

Would require all custom maps, which has to be made.