Mr. Green Gaming

Sadistic! Scandalous! Outrageous! The American Corruption...

It's a bullshit war, and this is just pathetic. They're taking lives to entertain themselves, not to protect others.

The soldiers are not the ones who started this war, the government is.

I bet it's all about the money anyways, so yeah, it is a pretty bullshit war..

If the soldiers are found guilty of killing civilians, juts as they did, they will come in a military court and face death penalty.

Killing is killing, I think they will get the same punishment as anyone else that kills 8 people.

What should he say then? I think "GOT ONE!" or something smilar is more likely than "OH MAN I JUST KILLED A MAN I HOPE HIS FAMILY WONT MIND THIS WILL HURT MY FEELINGS :("

You're ignoring the fact they enjoy killing.

Thats what I meant, just because they sound like they enjoy it doesnt mean they do.

Even when they are yelling "Come oon let us engage" like kids wanting candy.

Notte, real world =/= modern warfare/bad company

I think you are the one forgetting real world isn't like games. Ofcourse they shouldn't be all like "OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE" because that's what they're recruited for. What they SHOULD be like is a simple "Suspects down", "Hostiles down" or something like that. Also, something like this would be more acceptable in say, WWII. The soldiers there were in danger all the time, it was really fighting to survive. This isn't. This is a guy sitting in a command center using a drone to do the dirty work for him, desperate for a kill.

What should he say then? I think "GOT ONE!" or something smilar is more likely than "OH MAN I JUST KILLED A MAN I HOPE HIS FAMILY WONT MIND THIS WILL HURT MY FEELINGS :("

You're ignoring the fact they enjoy killing.

Thats what I meant, just because they sound like they enjoy it doesnt mean they do.

Even when they are yelling "Come oon let us engage" like kids wanting candy.

Notte, real world =/= modern warfare/bad company

I think you are the one forgetting real world isn't like games. Ofcourse they shouldn't be all like "OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE" because that's what they're recruited for. What they SHOULD be like is a simple "Suspects down", "Hostiles down" or something like that. Also, something like this would be more acceptable in say, WWII. The soldiers there were in danger all the time, it was really fighting to survive. This isn't. This is a guy sitting in a command center using a drone to do the dirty work for him, desperate for a kill.

So you're telling me that you are a insane killer if you don't use funky codenames and try to get your thoughts away from the actual killing by saying wow at how accurate your shot was?

And how is killing civilians and then laughing at it more accepectable in 1940s?

Of course, the men on the video aren't normal.

And how is killing civilians and then laughing at it more accepectable in 1940s?

It's because you were really under constant pressure back then. As I stated, you were part of the battle, if you didn't look out, you'd be dead. Plus they could actually identify the people, not just supposing they're hostile because they have something like an RPG. It was also a "real" war, countries were in danger and occupied by enemy forces. Now it's more like a random shootout in Afghanistan. Also, nowadays it's simply a guy in a building, shooting people he thinks are hostiles while cracking jokes. He's basically under no pressure at all, unlike the soldiers directly in the midsts of the action.

Also, I didn't say laughing at killing civillians was acceptable, because it isn't, never was and never will be.

This soldiers just want to kill peoples of an other country .

I don't blame videos games , but the players yes .They are very idiot to believe still being into a game , they want the death of this peoples while they are hidden behind a cade ....

Fucking """"enculer de pédale de trouffion de merde""""....

So I'm wondering... how do some of you know video games don't do damage? We are smart enough to not grab a chainsaw and wipe down our city after playing too much L4D, or jacking a car and shooting some tires à la GTA, but some people (which aren't normal anyway) get a bad influence by it. Also, videogames get more popular and better, future kids may get to learn to play war games/violence games from a young age, it may become normal. The raise of a kid is vital.

If I must be serious... I have never done anything I learned from videogames, but I wanted to. For example, after playing much Oblivion and becoming a masterthief, I started thinking about just sneaking every small object I found everywhere in my pocket. Breaking into houses would be the next part. Luckily I can convince myself not to, but some people can not.

So.... but war, of course, doesn't start from videogames. (Although a certain Flight Simulator may have been one of million reasons for this since 2001, but let's not get that far).

Edited by BlueYoshi97

This just makes me want to give up playing bc2, but most of all mw2. Mainly because it looks like what you would do in a game, in the AC-130. Although I don't blame games for it.

Though i do blame the military for:

1. Giving the guys permission to shoot at the civvies for a rough guess that they might be doing something wrong.

2. letting a guy who cleary is getting an erection, to continue on the gun shooting civvies, when clearly, he might have a mental issues.

I know some people in this thread might have said the same things, but it's also my view as well. And in my opinion, just get the fuck out of their country, and back to yours. But this does apply to the Uk as well etc.

This just makes me want to give up playing bc2, but most of all mw2. Mainly because it looks like what you would do in a game, in the AC-130. Although I don't blame games for it.

1. Giving the guys permission to shoot at the civvies for a rough guess that they might be doing something wrong.

2. letting a guy who cleary is getting an erection, to continue on the gun shooting civvies, when clearly, he might have a mental issues.

I know some people in this thread might have said the same things, but it's also my view as well. And in my opinion, just get the fuck out of their country, and back to yours. But this does apply to the Uk as well etc.

THIS!

We're all judging this on the premise that we know that they were civvies. If they were actual armed extremists, nobody would've cared. That's why the soldiers act like it's another day at the office (they've been there for quite a while), even tough they made a fatally wrong assessment of the situation. I am for punishment of the soldiers for failing their task, but I won't call them mentally unstable.

The most trouble I have with the whole thing is that the army didn't want to acknowledge their mistake afterwards. It's all about keeping appearances for them, for a war they shouldn't have started in the first place.

We're all judging this on the premise that we know that they were civvies. If they were actual armed extremists, nobody would've cared. That's why the soldiers act like it's another day at the office (they've been there for quite a while), even tough they made a fatally wrong assessment of the situation. I am for punishment of the soldiers for failing their task, but I won't call them mentally unstable.

The most trouble I have with the whole thing is that the army didn't want to acknowledge their mistake afterwards. It's all about keeping appearances for them, for a war they shouldn't have started in the first place.

+1

The reporters could have 'slightly exaggerated' the truth a little, to convince the viewers to be on their side, and to be honest, they use the persuading actions quite well.

But I do agree on the fact that they do this day by day, they do get used to it, and in a sense it is sorta like knife crime now, like when those people had guns, maybe only used for self defence, rather than for any attack of some kind.

I still have problems with how much the guy enjoys shooting them (plus he doesn't know anything for sure). Even IF they were enemies, you'd still expect some more professionalism, something this guy obviously lacks. These people need to get back into society in a normal way, and not in this condition. And you still ignore the fact that the request for medical help got denied right in their faces, which kind of ruins the effect of a photo of a soldier with a dead/wounded child in his arms (which are made to get support from civilians back home).

Bump with some background info I got from a Dutch TV show (Pauw & Witteman):

The children were going to a class/school with their father. One of the 2 children is damaged permanently and is deformed thanks to the bullet. They didn't say a lot about the other kid, but they did say their dad didn't survive it (just like the other people they initially started shooting).

Bump with some background info I got from a Dutch TV show (Pauw & Witteman):

The children were going to a class/school with their father. One of the 2 children is damaged permanently and is deformed thanks to the bullet. They didn't say a lot about the other kid, but they did say their dad didn't survive it (just like the other people they initially started shooting).

Wow... I hate that gunner from now on. How can you shoot at civilians let alone children going to school and then laugh at it?