Mr. Green Gaming

Mr-Green Mapping Contest for ZS (Content)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we delay the deadline a bit? its seems like many people arn't done yet

The deadline was already very far ahead. Besides, you could have begun with the map when you were accepted.

thats pretty much what I did.

Oh and btw nice map Qtesla, I was about to say that the some of the lights look funny like in 4th picture but you said that you are still working on them. Whats the maps name? :V+

I haven't worked on my map, impossible.And I think I'm gonna remove the hills surrounding the walls and do something like a port, because I don't know what causes the slow compiling process, so I thought about the hills+skybox.

If that's because of bad brushes colliding in the tower then I can't do anything, it will force me to make the tower agaiun, and that was a pain to make the actual shape.

Also, change of plans: Making kf_westlondon instead of zs_curse. The layout of westlondon is very suited for zs, and I'm remaking it (No way of converting it). And ofcourse adding like 40%-50% more to the map itself, like more enterable buildings and a larger space to play on.

That sounds pretty cool actually, remaking one of the better maps on KF :V.

Also, change of plans: Making kf_westlondon instead of zs_curse. The layout of westlondon is very suited for zs, and I'm remaking it (No way of converting it). And ofcourse adding like 40%-50% more to the map itself, like more enterable buildings and a larger space to play on.

That sounds pretty cool actually, remaking one of the better maps on KF :V.

This makes the layout known to some, and they might try the map out to see if it really is westlondon.

Also, Source makes it look a lot better than the "real" ut2004 one.

That sounds pretty cool actually, remaking one of the better maps on KF funny.gif.

This makes the layout known to some, and they might try the map out to see if it really is westlondon.

Does it gonna have custom textures in it, or just similliar ones.

I would like to see Biotics if westlonden turned out to be a succesfull map. :V

Edited by Hundred2

That sounds pretty cool actually, remaking one of the better maps on KF funny.gif.

Does it gonna have custom textures in it, or just similliar ones.

I would like to see Biotics if westlonden turned out to be a succesfull map. :V

You're not the only one :V

It's probably going to contain most of the original textures (enhanced, with bumpmaps ect) and the models. I just have to figure out how to rip them off the game.

Boter, I can continue my "beta" map (The Operation Submarine), but which will run on EP2. (some props and textures are from ep2 (those ones like the rocket, powerbox and the combine laser cannon powerbox)

If I will have to remake to hl2, it will take a way long time to remake.

Edited by Mr.Darkness
  • 3 weeks later...

caa588testversion9000000.jpg

I've been messing around with the styles too long. I think I'm keeping this one. Objects, textures, displacements and water are for reference.

no zs_curse or what? or did I not read properly the sentece u posted? :V Lovely blend with the 2 textures, rock and dev texture? Did you make that in photoshop? :D

Edited by Pufulet

Guys. Forget what I said above :V

I decided to continue with mapping. And this time... I gave big updates to my map :)

There were some light errors and now they are gone!

Im showing you a video (older than pics) about my map. Sorry for the voice, its too silent. My mic is shit...

Also... my voice was changed thanks to virtual world :V

very nice, some rooms could use some decorations or decals on the walls though.