⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Lucid Dreaming

A lucid dream is a dream in which the sleeper is aware that he or she is dreaming. When the dreamer is lucid, he or she can actively participate in and often manipulate the imaginary experiences in the dream environment. Lucid dreams can seem extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness during the lucid dream

So now you know. Have you ever had one, or do you want to try it?

Read this thread (yes I know it's FP)

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=940989

Haha I did this when I was a kid!

One hour before I went to bed, I kept thinking I'm awake, I'm awake, I'm awake....

when I went to bed, I kept saying it to myself, and I remembered it in my sleep. The dreams are straight up epic. I flew around the earth while fighting monsters with laser pistols xD

One hour before I went to bed, I kept thinking I'm awake, I'm awake, I'm awake....

when I went to bed, I kept saying it to myself, and I remembered it in my sleep. The dreams are straight up epic. I flew around the earth while fighting monsters with laser pistols xD

That^

I had that too. It was because I had so many nightmares I decided to remember myself to check if I was in a dream or not. I remember then I had a nightmare, something with a sultan in a desert and flying carpets and I realized it was a dream and then I flew away.

I still have nightmares every night but now it is more complicated since they seem to be exactly like reality. These nightmares confuse me so much.

But bad dreams are only dreams. Good dreams that are very realistic are ok, until you wake up and you are sad the whole day that it didn't really happen. ;-(

I heard about this like 6 years ago, then I remembered this again earlier this year.

But I've never succeeded in it/managed to do it. Though I would like to do it.

Any tips?

3322462679_00b2454aa0.jpg

(For those of you that are wondering, the Vitamin B12 in the Toast greatly increase metabolic [and therefore brain] activity, the vitamin B6 is famous for improving Dream Recall [go figure], and the peanut butter is there because it is delicious and ties the food together.)

Eat one or two slices a night, and it'll greatly improve your chances.

WILD

WILD stands for 'Wake Initiated Lucid Dream' because you lapse into a dream directly from consciousness. In other words, you stay awake while your body goes to sleep, and you transition directly to dream control.

The trick is to recognize the hypnagogic state and stay conscious while it develops in dream images. You will then be able to literally step into your own dream world.

The hypnagogic state occurs on the border between waking and sleeping. It can be anything from colored dots to flashes of color or complete images. As you keep paying attention to it they will develop into more detailed images and if you stay aware you will find yourself inside your dream.

WILD in 3 easy steps

The below steps are interwoven. I separated them to make the process clearer.

Step 1: Relax

The hypnagogic stage occurs when you are relaxed. So first you do a relaxation exercise.

Feel yourself breathing in and out. Breathe in and tense the muscles of your feet. Breathe out and relax the muscles of your feet. Breathe in and tense the muscles in your lower legs. Breathe out and relax them again. Go on until you have come to your head.

Step 2: Stay Conscious

The next step is staying conscious, and not drifting off. The best way to do that is to imagine yourself walking down stairs, counting each stair. Also, it helps to not focus on any specific hypnagogic imagery you see.

Step 3: Entering your dream

If you succeed in staying aware your hypnagogic images will become clearer. You will suddenly have a feeling you can now step into your dream. It's hard to describe the feeling, but you'll know it when you feel it. Once you have this feeling, you can grab an object you see before you or zoom in on an image. This will pull you into the dream. Other people have reported feelings like a black room with a door, and within the door is your "dreamscape" - the location of your dream. It ultimately depends on how you prefer to visualize it.

Keep Practicing

The hardest thing is to stay aware and not drifting off to sleep. If you don't succeed, keep trying. WILD can take some time to master but it is worth it.

Experienced WILDers can reach this state without the counting - they just relax, keep paying attention to the hypnagogic images and then consciously enter the dreaming state.

Edited by Botervloot

I must say a lot of this seems like bullshit to me. I doubt that gross banana-peanutbutter-stuff is gonna help. All you need to do is tell yourself to look around you and check if you are dreaming or not on the day. Then in your dreams when something happens you might decide "Hey, wait, this is just a dream!" and have a fun dream.

Sounds fun, but don't try this. Just dream at night, don't try to be concious in them because it will happen every dream and everytime you notice you are dreaming you will probably wake up. So just wait what your dreams brings you, don't try to manipulate them.

Being half-awake and half-asleep is dangerous, I think that results in what Burn posted.

I must say a lot of this seems like bullshit to me. I doubt that gross banana-peanutbutter-stuff is gonna help. All you need to do is tell yourself to look around you and check if you are dreaming or not on the day. Then in your dreams when something happens you might decide "Hey, wait, this is just a dream!" and have a fun dream.

Sounds fun, but don't try this. Just dream at night, don't try to be concious in them because it will happen every dream and everytime you notice you are dreaming you will probably wake up. So just wait what your dreams brings you, don't try to manipulate them.

Being half-awake and half-asleep is dangerous, I think that results in what Burn posted.

and the peanut butter is there because it is delicious and ties the food together.)

Also, you produce a very small amount of DMT (drug) during your sleep. This is what makes you feel lucid. It's not dangerous, the results of "Sleep Paralysis" are only scary most of the time.

Also, when you are ready, you could summon your subconscious. You can have long talks with yourself, but it's usually very scary and will probably wake you up. DO NOT ASK IT WHAT YOUR BIGGEST FEAR IS. You won't sleep for days, I shit you not.

Because all you fears will be made. During your dreams, all your feelings and emotions are let lose. Including your fears. That's why sleeping is good for dealing with stress. And of course resting in general.

Edited by Botervloot

If you dont believe in it, why you come posting here? You dont need to believe in this, because some people can do this, for example, my friend.

If you dont believe in it, why you come posting here? You dont need to believe in this, because some people can do this, for example, my friend.

Chill out. <_< I'm just warning you that there are also bad sides of doing this before you jump in bed and try this. Of course nothing could happen to someone like you. Please forgive me for saying that. ;-(

It works "best" (like in, most positive) if you don't have a lot of stress.

Thats never a problem to me :D

Also, try breathing in and out, and focus on your breath. Bring tension to your leg muscles when you breath out, and loosen your muscles when you breath in. This kinda worked for me after a while. But I suggest you read the thread for all the answers. It isn't a thing you do just like that. It can take several weeks before you can dream lucid.

But I suggest you read the thread for all the answers. It isn't a thing you do just like that. It can take several weeks before you can dream lucid.

Yea, I got this Finnish article about lucid dreaming, it has also good tips. Going to start learning it.

Does it affect that how tired I am when going to bed? Like, should I go before midnight or somewhere around 2 o'clock?

But I suggest you read the thread for all the answers. It isn't a thing you do just like that. It can take several weeks before you can dream lucid.

Yea, I got this Finnish article about lucid dreaming, it has also good tips. Going to start learning it.

Does it affect that how tired I am when going to bed? Like, should I go before midnight or somewhere around 2 o'clock?

It's more like motivational. Do you really want it.

When you are tired, you are less motivated to go lucid; as instead, you'd rather want to go sleeping.

Edited by Botervloot