Mr. Green Gaming

TF2 server discussion - we need some feedback

The Esidor server still has a little space left so my suggestion was to add a 16 player CTF server (16 players to reduce stalemates). Ywa prefers 24 players. I kinda miss CTF.

Second suggestion was to reduce the player count on the Payload server from 32 to 24. This is because 1) Payload lags like hell with 32 players, 2) TF2 was optimally designed for 24 players, 3) It's bloody chaos ingame, although that's part of the charm I guess.

Ywa doesn't concur since he doesn't want to 'lose' players to this. His suggestion is a second Payload server.

Having both a CTF and a second Payload server is barely going to fit on Esidor (machine's already using 75% of its memory), so we decided you guys join in the discussion and state your preferences.

Sentry farms will reduce about a week after the update, but 32/32 is lag-tacular right now. Reducing it to 24 players would probably ease it a bit. And would enable you to see all the people on the scoreboard for once.

But im not sure about a second PL server, sure you can get more players. But it might divide the players, im not sure, you would need them to come onto the forums to voice their opinions.

Well I think its better with 2 Payload servers. Since it is almost full every day.

My opinion. Add a Payload server and a CTF. But remove KoTH. Its sucks, its so few maps.

And i think Payload will be a lot more fun with the new maps.

I've been thinking of that too. Not many regulars go on KotH, it's often just random people. And the 4 maps cycle isn't that great either at the moment.

I am for reducing the 32 players to 24, theres no more rage than currently with 32 players (if it's full it's full heh, just play elsewhere while waiting).

Plus it can be good for lag issues (um, I don't know why but since a few days I'm lagging as hell on green servers, yesterday I got 100+ ping sometimes :/ )

That might sounds idiot but what about a Zombie Fortress server with 24 slots? I see popular servers that are almost full everyday so maaaaybe it can work (or mix ZF with other modes? Like some CTF maps, Koth maps, then mods etc...)

I'm maknig more of a habit of going on Koth, sure regulars aren't always on it, but it is full alot of the time, I think that counts for something.

You could Merge CP with Koth, then add in CTF.

CP and Koth are probably the two most similar gamemodes and none of the maps actually clash, so you hypothetically you wouldn't play the same map twice in a row under different guises.

:D I still get lag at 24 players on PL, I think 24 is for the best, but as for a split, If I recall theres only two PLR maps, I think it's better to keep them in with the PL set, I think alot of players actaulyl want PLR_Pipeline.

Actually forget what I said about merging CP/Koth. It's a terrible Idea. as is any Merge

Edited by Balmung

Firstly, when has there not been regulars on KOTH? The KOTH server is about the only pub I ever play in and I'm certain I could round up a whole load of people who would want to keep the server. Sure maybe we don't have as many regulars as the PL server but it's a server worth keeping (it's rarely empty nowadays). One thing I think the server could probably do with is a set map cycle. People hate playing the same map twice and as there is no RTV option, make a cycle that never repeats maps and people will stay and play for longer.

And am I the only one here who really doesn't like 32 player servers? It's gets very spammy (hence the lag) and it also gets hard for players to actually use skill rather than just spam choke points. I'd love the idea of the PL server being moved down to 24 players, as you say the game was optimized for that amount. Hell I'd probably become a regular on there too if you did :D

Sorry for the long post, but I'd be devastated if you were to get rid of the KOTH Server...

CTF server is on the way. Okay, this is good

Payload will stay at 32 players for the time being. We'll look into getting additional memory for our servers, but that stuff's expensive nowadays (hint: donate :V). That's noticeable.

Also, why not add something different. Not one of the original gametypes, but things like a "fun" server, a zombie server or a dual server. Something different.

CTF server is on the way. Okay, this is good

Payload will stay at 32 players for the time being. We'll look into getting additional memory for our servers, but that stuff's expensive nowadays (hint: donate :V). That's noticeable.

Also, why not add something different. Not one of the original gametypes, but things like a "fun" server, a zombie server or a dual server. Something different.

Chikennugget 1 said:

I am for reducing the 32 players to 24, theres no more rage than currently with 32 players (if it's full it's full heh, just play elsewhere while waiting).

Plus it can be good for lag issues (um, I don't know why but since a few days I'm lagging as hell on green servers, yesterday I got 100+ ping sometimes :/ )

That might sounds idiot but what about a Zombie Fortress server with 24 slots? I see popular servers that are almost full everyday so maaaaybe it can work (or mix ZF with other modes? Like some CTF maps, Koth maps, then mods etc...)

It seems none even care about my ideas, sad nugget is sad :cries:

Edited by Chikennugget1

A funky new CTF server would be good. stuff like 2fort etc

A ranking system would be funny- like Murderer etc (depending on Kill/death ratio and such) just for that server.

Sounds stupid, but it would be quite fun.

Uhh..we have CTF..87.238.173.207:27000.

And no..I don't think titles like that would really help, they sound funny, but yeah.