Mr. Green Gaming

Nugget's grand guide for a good summer

I suppose you're going in vacations during the rest of summer ain't you?Good, I have made a small guide about games, useful tools or websites for those who can't live without a computer or games (or both).

So, there are different cases:

-I carry a laptop (we admit it can run recent games like source engine ones etc)but I don't have internet

-I have a laptop and internet

-I don't have a laptop

-I have nothing

For each one I'm gonna give a list of good games or stuff to enjoy holidays when you're 1500 km away from your home (or less, depends)

Note that you're not obliged to follow these ideas, do as you want.

Note2: I'll give the prices if I know them and if I'm not too lazy to search^^

Laptop-Internet= not 100% Happyness

So you're owning a laptop and you don't have internet.

In that case you don't have all the possibilities to enjoy your summer, but I'll try to advice you the cheaper and cooler things you can find before leaving:

Games

What I can suggest you (yeah don't say I'm lying because I twitted that I have no idea of games I can buy for my laptop heh) is:

---Console roms: Whether you're owning GBC emulators, N64 ones, PSX ones, you can find a lot of old and funny games through the Emulating sites, plus if you don't have a prehistoric computer you'll be able to run them without any problem, it can be a good option if you have never played the most epic games on old consoles.

°Nintendo games: Super Mario 64, Zelda games, Metroids, any 2d Mario games, Mario kart and all the stuff featuring Mario, old Pokémon games (Especially Gold/Silver if you haven't the means to buy the remixes).

°Playstation games: Metal Gear Solid (you MUST get it, that is an order), Crash Bandicoot games, Spyro the Dragon games, Grand turismo, 2Extreme,[add your favorite games here]

---Recent games:

If you have Steam you might certainly have a lot of games that you can play alone, if not, buy the Orange Box, it contains the perfect kit of the singleplayer (more or less...).

Good games:

- Half-life and its expansions

- Half-Life 2+ Episode 1 + Episode 2

- Portal

- Team Fortress 2? (well, you can play alone with bots on a very few Koth maps, just pray that Valve patches the game so you can play on more maps)

- Orange Box with all those games (costs around 22 euros, depends of the country as well)

- Borderlands (30 euros on Steam, costed 10,99 during the summer sales) and its expansions if you want (8 euros each)

- Serious Sam the 2nd encounter (9,99 euros actually on Steam, the normal price is 19,99)

- GTA IV (29.99 on Steam)+ Episodes from Liberty City (29.99)

- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (60) (but you can only play singleplayer and spec ops heh)

- Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 (singleplayer only)

- Sims 3? (^^)

- Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl/Call of Pripyat/Clear Skies (Cf Redgord's topic for a tutorial: )

---Less recent games

- Unreal Tournament 2004 (if you like playing with bots, also, you can use the Unreal Editor to map, if you like mapping)

- Warcraft 3+ Frozen Throne expansion (if you like playing singleplayer+mapping/modding)

- Age of Mythology/Empires/Empires 2/Empires 3 (same, mapping and modding)

- Halo: Combat Evolved (if you hadn't the chance of getting an Xbox and play this mythic game).

- Hitman games

- Tomb Raider games (good for fapping thinking a bit)

Tools/Good softwares

You like everything that is graphical creation/video making?

-Sony Vegas: To make your vacation's videos, make tf2 poops if you love pooping, make random videos if you can etc...

-Gimp (free): A good alternative to Photoshop which is free, and offers almost the same capabilites as Photoshop, if you like drawing and such.

- Fruity Loops, to create musics and stuff, I send you to Redgord's topic for the why of the how:

- Source SDK (for mappers)

Laptop+Internet= 100% Happyfaes

Well, you are in the right section now!

Here are some softwares and sites that you can get during your holidays, you can as well add to this online games:

Games

- World of Warcraft (or the most popular Meuporg, pardon, MMMPORPG, of the world)

- Guild Wars (<<< YOU MUST PLAY DIS)

- Team Fortress 2 (now you can enjoy your sandwich)

- Counter-Strike 1.6/CZ/Source (welcome to the fagreal world)

- Borderlands (better than in singleplayer I think)

- Left 4 Dead/2 (versus ftw)

- Garry's mod ( for our Zombie Survival and Infected Wars servers, and for the rest of course, tons of add-ons are available on the game's website and on Facecrap, sorry, Facepunch).

Websites

- Twitter (still useful to keep contact and talk about random things)

- Face de Bouc (....FACEBOOK, well you can't get it since what I said means Sheep face, but if you love shit chatting and watch 10 000 photos of stupid girls in parties everyday then this is for you).

- L4G's IRC (and now you can annoy your next telling him that you're on the beach with your beers and girls)

- Video games sites (well, for me that'd be Jeuxvideo.com, for you, err, Gamespot? CS-Nation? :P )

- Youtube (important, without it I'm just like a babyman, and that'll be the case unfortunately).

- Dailymotion (well, it's like Youtube but there are less videos in my opinion).

- Last.fm (for musics)

Webbrowser games/ Little online games

- Battlefield Heroes (I don't remember if they finished their beta though ,if that's the case then you can play)

- Hordes (if you are not scared by the French, try it, it worthes the try, also, don't forget to follow my tutorial to not be lost )

- Soldat and the tools which come with it (mix of CS and Worms, you can find my other tutorial there:

- Conquer Online (free Meuporg, you like or not, personnally I like(d) it)

- Dofus (I'm wondering why I am talking about this other Meuporg, since I don't like it, but if you like its cartoonish and kawaii style you can like [especially if you are a 12 years old kid] )

- America's army (some online game, I don't know it a lot)

- Travian (medieval webbrowser game, I don't know if they made an english version of it though).

- Dungeon Runners (a little "mmorpg" that places you in a dungeon, team battle, steal treasures etc)

- League Of Legends (a game based on Warcraft 3's most famous mod Defense of the Ancient, funny)

No laptop+No internet=err...wat?

You don't have both of the precious nerd's ressources, then you're condemned to play on consoles!

Don't worry, here are a few solutions for you:

-You carry your console (good luck with an old PS3, you'll need it): then you have no problem, you can carry a bunch of good games for it.Seriously, except the Wii which is relatively not heavy, forget this idea, it takes place in your luggages, and you're not even sure if you're gonna play it a lot.

If you carry a Wii:

- Carry Super Smash Bros Brawl with you, it's a good game if you go with your friends somewhere and want to have fun

- Carry Mario Kart Wii for the same reason

- Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2 (YOU MUST HAVE THEM )

- Zelda Twilight Princess or any Zelda game from the gamecube

- Good Gamecube Games (StarFox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros Melee, Zelda the Wind Waker)

- Any other game that you liked.

(be careful that this doesn't take a lot of space in your luggages :V )

-More realistic, you carry a PSP or DS:

DS games:

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (THE MUST HAVE(S), you must get them ,immediatly!)

Super Mario 64 DS

Metroid Prime Hunters

Wario Ware: Do it yourself! (you can create your own mini games!)

Wario Ware: Touched (you can't create your own mini games!)

Mario Kart DS

Flipnote studios (for DSi owners only, it's free to download, it's just a flipnote app, amusing but becomes boring after a moment)

Professor Layton games (I haven't tried them but people say they are good games)

PSP Games:

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (Haven't tried)

Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS

Metal Gear Solid (>that you can buy on the Playstation Store then transfer from your PS3 to your PSP if you have a PS3)

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City stories/Vice City stories

Monster Hunter 3 (looks nice)

Any good old PSX game that you can buy on the PS Store from your PS3

Little Big Planet PSP

Err, dunno then :V

I have nothing

Then you're not a real geek/gamer/no-life

Just play with your hands or listen to Tom Klitjoek's music until you die of ear-raping or go to your stupid IRL night clubs and stuff :V

Enjoy, and don't forget to close every door, every window, kill all the bugs in your room and put the climatisation on and play play play :V

Edited by Chikennugget1

I have nothingcolor]

Then you're not a real geek/gamer/no-life

Just play with your hands or listen to Tom Klitjoek's music until you die of ear-raping or go to your stupid IRL night clubs and stuff :V

I have to go to camp, where we all have to poo in a bucket, wash in a fjord, fight for food and do stupid things like folksdancing. Sadly I am not allowed to bring a PC with me, nor a DS/N64/Whatever else, otherwise I would have done that.

By the way, it's good for me to not be behind my computer for over 4 weeks and come outside a bit. But only for a month of course. Then I'll dive into gaming again.

When you're out for summer holidays with no internet, it feels kind of weird to bring a laptop. Although that might be because I often go camping, I've never gone to a hotel for summer holidays. Bring a handheld console with enough games to keep yourself busy.

Still if you're going to bring your laptop to an internet-less location and you're planning to play Steam games, be sure to check if your games are working in Steam offline mode while you're still at home.

Still if you're going to bring your laptop to an internet-less location and you're planning to play Steam games, be sure to check if your games are working in Steam offline mode while you're still at home.

I use my laptop at home, It's my "pc" :P That means my games work both offline and online in my laptop.

Btw, I wish I had a handheld console. I only have a ps3.

Im gonna make a small bump.

If you dont have anything to do on these days, get a life! Go walk outside, or, Idk, go find someone with who you will be able to talk to.

As for me, I just can go sometimes to shower/read a book/write a story...

Playing games all your life is... Like drugs?

Nugget, dont be such a gamer. We all are gamers already. And thats because we play atleast sometimes.

I think wasting your summer playing games is silly.

Yeah, you may of levelled up like 123448743 times in whatever you're playing, but at the end of the day, it's a waste.

You might as well get a puppy and go to the park, find a nice girl to attract (preferably hot) and then text her to your evil lair.

Yeah, you may of levelled up like 123448743 times in whatever you're playing, but at the end of the day, it's a waste.

You might as well get a puppy and go to the park, find a nice girl to attract (preferably hot) and then text her to your evil lair.

It's not wasted, it's entertainment.

It's like watching TV, or watching a movie. It's better than most things you do in your every day life.

It's not wasted, it's entertainment.

It's like watching TV, or watching a movie. It's better than most things you do in your every day life.

sex > Games

/enddiscussion