Mr. Green Gaming

Alien Swarm

MiF

Discuss about Alien Swarm here. (Do you like it? worth of download? bugs? anything)

Well. Personaly i like it at this momment. I like that level system and loads of different weapons and stuff is always good. Alhought it isnt FPS shoter, but thats not bad to see everything.

One thing that has gone wrong is teamworking. Yes there is tech guy you need, but if there is only one tech guy, he can make it alone with 20 level weaps and pro skills.

I give it 9/10 (range 1 to 10)

Great game. I've yet to try the hard difficulty, but normal difficulty is pretty do-able if your team isn't too stupid (which it sadly often is). I'm looking forward to seeing more small games like this from Valve (which don't necessarily have to be free).

Only tested in Practice game so far, not online yet. Possibly you need sv_cheats 1

You already trigger sv_cheats with that command. It's best to bind it so you can turn it both on and off, especially because you can't do the "minigames" when you're a tech when in first person mode.

bind "F10" "sv_cheats 1;firstperson;asw_hide_marine;asw_controls 0"

bind "F11" "sv_cheats 1;thirdperson;asw_hide_marine;asw_controls 1"

That way you can turn it on and off easily.

Only tested in Practice game so far, not online yet. Possibly you need sv_cheats 1

You already trigger sv_cheats with that command. It's best to bind it so you can turn it both on and off, especially because you can't do the "minigames" when you're a tech when in first person mode.

That way you can turn it on and off easily.

Thanks for great tip Mayco. Just tested in FPS and it wasnt so bad... Only problems are probelms with mouse sometimes, hacking got screwed, and some other. But it was cool.

I got this bug when i messed up with hacking....

lol.jpg

Edit: i made this short autoexec script so you dont need to mess up with console

bind F12 toggleconsole

*Maycos code*

Copy this code. Make new file with notepad and call it "autoexec.cfg" without "" and place it to your steamapps/common/alien awarm/swarm/config. now go ingame,

start map with "map (mapname)"

And press F10 to firstperson and F11 for normal view. F12 opens up console

Edited by MiF

I quite enjoy it. Managed to play with everyone even a bit with Clavus.. heh I think I know what he means by playing with idiots :>. Really good free game, I hope they will release map packs and more weapons. The lvl system could have more things. Atm just guns u get, maybe get increased stats and change your characters appearence colour.

I just have it bound like this now:

bind "F9" "sv_cheats 1;map lobby"

bind "F10" "firstperson;asw_hide_marine;asw_controls 0"

bind "F11" "thirdperson;asw_hide_marine;asw_controls 1"

@ MiF's bug, if you just press F11 again, it'll show your char again. asw_hide_marine is a toggle, and I guess it didn't toggle while you were hacking so you have to toggle it again. If you just press F11 over and over again your char will just appear disappear appear disappear etc etc.

Edited by poNji

F12 opens up console

Most people already have "~" as the console button though, it's just that Swedish people (for example) don't have this button, and they are the only ones that need to bind another button to "toggleconsole".

2[12:45:49] <MrGreen> [15:23:08] <Balmung> If you have an asian Keyboard It's on the 0 key"

The proof is in the pudding:

2rftpba.jpg