Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft discussion

Clavus

I like the map, its not 100% accurate as I think my house was erased but I built a small cabin in it's place, it's just outside of the capital in a big forrest :) I like to keep my area private because no-one can be trusted until the server side inventories are out, even then there's no protection.

Meh it isn't that bad. It's pretty bland because he only used planks. No effort in it at all :/

I'm more bothered by a player who still doesn't clean up trees properly. Seriously, if you see leaves with treeblocks hanging in the sky, at least cut away the tree blocks so the leaves disappear themselves.

I don't know who build the tunnel system, it looks stupid though. No effort at all besides grinding blocks.

Also Mayco, store your torches in a underground basement or something instead of all over the front of your house. And what's with all the other junk there.

I don't know who build the tunnel system, it looks stupid though. No effort at all besides grinding blocks.

Also Mayco, store your torches in a underground basement or something instead of all over the front of your house. And what's with all the other junk there.

I don't see your problem with the tunnels. Minecraft is (believe it or not) a game about mining and mining is a fundamentally grind based activity (IRL and ingame). Tunnels take effort to make whatever they look like so surely it's better for it to look like that than a boring square tunnel.

I don't see your problem with the tunnels. Minecraft is (believe it or not) a game about mining and mining is a fundamentally grind based activity (IRL and ingame). Tunnels take effort to make whatever they look like so surely it's better for it to look like that than a boring square tunnel.

but people just mine and mine and does nothing with the blocks they collect :(

Edited by Sneed

True, the tunnel isn't square. But it still falls in the gap between square tunnels and 'what-we-like-to-see'. If you're going to make something big (tunnel or building) I'd expect to put some equal effort in making it look nice. If you want to make something huge in 5 minutes you're missing the point.

When you walk around the village for example, it's a lot of fun to see the attention to detail at some spots. Makes the place feel cozy (it'd be nice if we had a proper day/night cycle..).

Here's my secret vault where I kept stuff so I could make tools faster after crash/reconnect.

post-18-12819844114_thumb.jpg

Sometimes, I even forget which way to go!

post-18-128198441748_thumb.jpg

Long tunnel is long! (This ain't the longest, trust me)

post-18-128198442141_thumb.jpg

I call it .. The Chamber of DOOM!

post-18-128198442644_thumb.jpg

Yep. You're looking at the end of the world right now! That's the top right corner of the map. (The lake actually)

post-18-128198443237_thumb.jpg

This is The Shihole! It connectes different levels of tunnels.

post-18-128198443653_thumb.jpg

..and this is the Hall of Stone! Speaks for itself...

post-18-128198444069_thumb.jpg

Yep. You're looking at the end of the world right now! That's the top right corner of the map. (The lake actually)

Meh, because I cropped the map it doesn't generate new terrain at the places I removed. That's why 3 sides of our map won't generate new terrain.

Meh, because I cropped the map it doesn't generate new terrain at the places I removed. That's why 3 sides of our map won't generate new terrain.

That does is a nice way to keep the terrain smaller