Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft discussion

Clavus

And don't tell me that they need to kill since that is no reason if the other faction stays in his huge unpenatratable water-cube

The thing is, everyone is building unpenetrable watercubes because of those mountains. And I don't want that.

No. Those cubes where there before everyone started start mountaining. In the last map one of the only big factions with a normal base was pistoners and the rest where just cubes.

And don't tell me that they need to kill since that is no reason if the other faction stays in his huge unpenatratable water-cube

The thing is, everyone is building unpenetrable watercubes because of those mountains. And I don't want that.

No. Those cubes where there before everyone started start mountaining. In the last map one of the only big factions with a normal base was pistoners and the rest where just cubes.

Water defense are against cannons and mountains against the water defenses

Mungol base became a beautiful cube after mountaining.

I wonder if this is possible:

If you claim just the border of your area, and build a wall on the border, doesn't that effectively make the inner area yours?

Your faction will be the only faction able to go through the wall, and will thus have control over both the border and the area within.

This assumes the wall extends below ground so no one can use caves (or mineshafts) to bypass the wall.

I'm trying to find some good ways to encourage people to build nice things. Ideas like:

* Rewards for building nice stuff (ingame loot? GC?)

* Disabling TNT above a specific height (so your wall doesn't have to reach all the way to the sky)

Nothing is set in stone just yet.

You should check out the thing I've got planned, gonna be sweet. Though I highly suspect someones going to come along and blow it up half way through building it because everyone likes to be a douche 'n' all,

And yeah that system would work, I was thinking of doing myself but the problem is all you need is someone with a fly mod and they can come in and destroy everything, and PLENTY of people have fly mods..

How about we start using creative mode WITH faction wars!

That way everyone can be a douchebag by simply claiming random chunks within your intergalactic space ship and no-one can do shit about it.

Umm... No.

But seriously, this server has a thousand too many potential assholes.

Along with competitive building, whitelisting should be also reintroduced.

It's not like half of the former faction-warers aren't going to spend their first twenty hours spamming TNT on creative mode in order to "enhance the mood".

Just sayin'

I think if we're going to hold a contest, we'll just run creative mode for a week.

what kinda prize would you give, seeing as GC can't be used on MC,

also agree with salty, I predict mass abusers in creative mode, unfortunately alot of players just can't be trusted.