Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft discussion

Clavus

Notch is a fucking hero

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/9038258448/hey-bethesda-lets-settle-this

I am back, and I am excited.

Marriage has been wonderful so far, and nobody sabotaged my computer while I was gone.

The only negative thing going on at this moment is the Scrolls trademark lawsuit nonsense, and I think I came up with the perfect solution:

Remember that scene in Game of Thrones where Tyrion chose a trial by battle in the Eyrie? Well, let’s do that instead!

I challenge Bethesda to a game of Quake 3. Three of our best warriors against three of your best warriors. We select one level, you select the other, we randomize the order. 20 minute matches, highest total frag count per team across both levels wins.

If we win, you drop the lawsuit.

If you win, we will change the name of Scrolls to something you’re fine with.

Regardless of the outcome, we could still have a small text somewhere saying our game is not related to your game series in any way, if you wish.

I am serious, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the confirmed things coming in 1.8

Endermen are rare (YAY!) and die in water.

Zombies now drop rotten flesh (Not feathers)

All the tame mobs will drop meat except sheep and once killed will not respawn in that area.

XP will be used for levelling up (presumably the bar in this screenshot). You get XP from killing mobs and lose it when you die.

Food is stackable but eating now takes time and has an animation.

Larger, and new biomes.

Added watermelons and made them (and pumpkins) farmable

Added towns, they might have NPCs (Jeb wants them to talk, Notch doesn't)

Strongholds near villages.

Added brightness slider, the deeper down you go the darker it gets. Torches held in your hand may emit light now.

New lighting system, much faster. Improved chunk generation speeds.

Exploring will be more rewarding.

Double-tap W to sprint/run.

Combat has been revamped, it is more rewarding. (Criticals...)

Added an animation to bows.

Added a creative mode in which you can fly and spawn items.

http://mojangcommunity.net/thread-405.html

I wonder, if all these changes are for the better. Critical strikes are thing I'm most worried about, since you crit everytime you're in the air moving down...

We’re working now on making the combat more fun. We tried implementing a critical hit system, which made it twice as fun all of a sudden. So whenever you’re in the air moving down, if you hit something, you get a critical hit.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/13/notch-video-interview-we-want-to-make-minecraft-feel-more-like-a-game/

Some other things not on there:

- Rivers, ravines, abandoned mines, strongholds (these will be filled with mobs, but people on the server could just go in and kill the mobs then block up the entrance and they'd have a big working fort!)

- Bows zoom in and do critical hits when they are fully pulled out

- He may be adding a way to farm animals, so you can reproduce them basically, possibly 1.9

- The height of the worlds has been raised, so people can build taller things now.

- Better lighting, night time is slightly brighter with a hazey purple feel, and the torches give off a warm glow at night.

- I dont think the torches emit light when you hold them, didnt see it in the 1.8 demo I saw.

- The XP you gain from killing things DOESN'T have a use yet. They will make it so that you can spend the points on things but as of now they haven't done anything yet. That'll probably be released in 1.9 cause he said this update is too big to fit into 1.8

hey,

i got banned because I accidently used speedhack, but for how long is the ban???

Beausa

Let's give him a chance to explain how exactly he accidently used speedhack and why we should unban him and why the fuck he posted under "Minecraft discussion" and not in "Bans & Unbans".

Edited by CarPileUp