Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft discussion

Clavus

Latest (day/night mix) cartograph of the map. You might notice that I cut the image. After cartographing I noticed that the previous server world was still attached to the newly generated world for some reason (also explains why the save was so big to begin with). No idea why, I made sure it started fresh. Note that these areas won't show up ingame, the server generates new terrain over them.

post-3-128180156667_thumb.png

As you can see, the world is a bit larger than expected because Toaster and Notte build their house there on the right. I already talked to them about it so I don't want anyone else building beyond the horizon.

Before I start... post music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6oZSp49Oss

Redgord and I build this:

church1.png

church2.png

church3.png

church4.png

church5.png

This building is to set a standard for people wanting to build big. We have a rule against ego-building, but that doesn't mean large structures aren't allowed if they're as awesome as our cathedral. If you want to build something big, come to me with a plan, a suggested position, and what it's going to look like.

My house is proving hard to craft a decent level seeing as Im on a laptop and without a mouse Im shocked that I've got this far lol so Im going to leave it now till I head home. Also I can see someone has been using TNT next to my house, as theres a gaping mine in the ground and someones dug a random hole.

@Clavus, aren't there TNT logs? check plox :)

I sometimes get this (epic) rendering bug when entering /home:

HmHWM.jpg

What you see here are all tunnels/caves below the spawn :)

That's because you're suddenly in another area, the server has to update everything around you.

Almost done cropping the map. Went from 22mb to a 7.5mb save file. About 300 million (!) blocks removed.

post-3-128188617242_thumb.png