Mr. Green Gaming

Music!

Darkstar

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Bumping to get this train moving again.

Lets see if we can get more people this time. I find that Last.fm's always an interesting place to see what people you know like, since it doesn't tread around the subject of naming genres you listen to, which can take some time, it just flat out names the bands/tracks.

I like all kinds of music except metal. Went to a metal concert once with some guys from school by a group called After Forever and some other band I forgot the name of and it traumatized me. All these long-haired guys jumping and kicking through the audience, inaudible lyrics about death and destruction and the next day there still was an incredible ringing sound in my ears.

Spotify is my babe since 2k11.

Me and her have been having technical difficulties with the internet connection we both share, but we have over come this problem and now we are stronger than ever.

Music.

- Heavy

- Rock

- Dubstep

- Alternative

- Heavy metal

- Death Metal

- DeathCore

- Punk

- Soft Rock

Etc... All types really.

I'm open to new music genres and I am willing to hate on those I hate with a passion.

Music will always be there for us when others are not. Peace.

I listen the most to hiphop, ever since I was 9 years old I've been writing lyrics. Also, from when I first discovered the internet to this day, I've been searching for lyrics on the internet that I practice-rapped on a daily base.

So in fact, I read rapper's lyrics rather than listening to the song themselves, although I still listen a lot.

Specifically, I like: Alternative HipHop, Underground HipHop, Jazz Rap, Illbient, Hardcore HipHop, and some more poetical hiphop (what I write). Basically you could say I listen to any hiphop, except modern day shit you hear on the radio (this is the Wacka Flocka Flame, Rick Ross and stuff-era).

I started listening hiphop in 2003, and it basically all started when I got Twista's album Kamikaze for my 10th birthday, and later Kanye West's The College Dropout in 2004 - something I still like to brag about, since there was absolutely no one in my school who heard of Kanye West and that frustrated me because they were all listening to Britney Spears still!!!!!

So on my primary school I became a huge fan of Kanye West, and I discovered Juize FM - my only source of Hip Hop, since I had no internet and there was no YouTube and stuff back then so Juize FM became so important to me, that I actually called off any appointments I had during the 4 hours in the week that Juize FM was on.

I still listen to Juize FM once in a while but it sucks balls now, although mainly because modern day hiphop sucks balls. Also, I'm not a fan of Kanye West anymore. He still makes better lyrics and beats than most, but it's too much 'modern-day hiphopish' to me.

Well, that was the MTV special about Yoshi's rap opinions. See ya!

Oh wait, I also listen to a lot of other styles:

New Age, Ambient, Atmospheric Gothic.

Reggae.

Jazz/Blues (samples that are used a lot in hiphop)

VideoGame Music

Some House/Trance songs are great too.

All in all, I listen to a lot of music, although strangely the only styles I don't like, are the ones most other people listen to (dance/hiphop, metal, hardcore).

Rock and Metal and some Classical music can also be nice, and some Blues is also quite nice...

To be more specific regarding Rock which is the genre i listen to most, i listen mostly to normal Rock and Progressive Rock where Progressive Rock is my favourite. And my favourite bands in that genre are Genesis, Pink Floyd, Yes, Mike Oldfield, Rush, The Flower Kings, Karmakanic, Spock's Beard, Transatlantic, Kaipa and Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Edit: awesomeo reminded me about my last.fm profile. :Vhttp://www.last.fm/user/CyriusG

Edited by CyriusG