Mr. Green Gaming

Brink

EmRA

aBlQ8.png

Introduction

Brink is an upcoming first person shooter game taking place in a city called The Ark in the year 2045. The Ark is what we would call a perfect city: renewable resources, no pollution. Outer world is flooded, and The Ark is the only known human settlement left on earth. After the earth flooded, thousands of refugees started to show up to The Ark. The Ark was originally built for only couple of thousand people, it's population multipled dramatically as the earth flooded. Due to the population being much larger than the amount it was originally intended for, The Ark is in brink of a civil war.

Who is fighting?

In Brink there are two sides: Security and Resistance.

Brink_Security.jpg

Security was originally just a small security force, but as the refugees showed up it quickly arose to a big anti-terrorist group to get the situation under control.

They are well equipped and look much like police/military forces today, with slight futuristic touch.

You could see them as the well-armed police of The Ark, trying to return order.

Brink_Resistance.jpg

Resistance, however, is the faction built from the refugees that showed up after the earth flooded. Their equipment is mainly makeshift or scavenged, so if you like post apoc stuff you're going to love these guys.

When they got to The Ark they were given the shitty and dangerous jobs, and yet they live in poor conditions. Resistance is fighting for fair and equal distribution of resources.

Gameplay

Brink features singleplayer, 8 player co-op and 16 player multiplayer. You can use and level up the same character in each of these.

It is a class-based shooter and features 4 different classes: Soldier, Medic, Engineer and Operative.

You can also choose between three different bodytypes: Light, Normal and Heavy.

Light being mobile but low health and can't handle the big guns, heavy being the opposite.

SMART

Stands for Smooth Movement Across Random Terrain. It plays out much like what you have seen in Mirror's Edge or Assassin's Creed.

SMART allows you to do various sorts of parkour like movements depending on where you're looking at when the key is pressed down.

MBI4u.png

YaqGd.png

YHC5b.png

Character/Weapon Customization

Brink introduces wide chararacter- and weapon customization to personalize your soldier with.

Stuff from beards to jacket to voice to tattoos (tattoos are, from what I hear, permanent and you can't remove them if you choose to give your character one.)

Weapon customization features stuff like magazines, sights, front grips and silencers (and prodably bunch of cosmetic stuff too).

Videos

Cinematic Trailer

Character Customization

A Choir of Guns

A Matter of Class

Paul Wegwood interview (Brand new!)

Images

Screenshots:

IfItBleeds.jpg

AllChange.jpg

1189StayDown-wlegal.jpg

1106MoveOut_0.jpg

NoMercy.jpg

take_cover.jpg

Concept Art:

ca_001_foundersisland_full.jpg

ca_006_containercity---lTheEdgeOfArk05_flipped_full.jpg

ca_007_Security-Character-01_full.jpg

ca_008_Resistance-Character-01_full.jpg

ca_009_heads-caucasian_full.jpg

Release date & other info

Brink is being developed by Splash Damage and is going to be published by Bethesda Softworks.

It is set to be released on May 13th for Windows, Xbox360 and PS3.

System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz processor or equivalent

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA 8800GS / ATI Radeon HD 2900 Pro or equivalent

Space: 8 GB hard disk space

Edited by EmRA
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 (only just 2.66)

Gcard:8800GT

grr so close i may just be able to run it with my 8600GTS

im so annoyed ive been waiting for this for ages i hape i can run it

otherwise i may need to invest in a new card

Edited by Griffon