Mr. Green Gaming

Brink

EmRA

Played the two campaigns today with EmRA. Fun game, great character/ weapon design and the teamwork encouragement is very well done. But in the end, it's not a 'great' game at the moment. The level design is somewhat poor. Lots of technical issues, especially with AMD cards.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, as Clavus said, I played the both campaigns with him and Njittie (and some other stuff afterwards), and thought I'd write a short review of some sort.

First off, the game is currently having sweet amoung of bugs/things that need to get fixed.

While in server browser the FPS gets really low, and I constantly can't join games because my rank is higher than theirs (even if they set the setting to "My Rank or Higher"). My controls also got completely reset midgame once, it only happened once and I'm not sure what caused it.

The actual gameplay? Its a bit confusing at first, and I had a bit jumpy fps at first (its fixed for me now though), but once you get a hold of it it's really fun. No generic killstreak lonewolf bullshit, it's motherfucking teamwork time. You can choose your objectives using the "objective wheel", where you can for do things such as (but not limited to) go for a command post (which can gives your team a point to restock ammo at, and it usually gives health bonuses and such), go for the primary objective (such as blowing up a gate), or cover the guy blowing up the gate.

Customization is also really great, both guns and characters. A good example of this is that assault rifles have 4 different muzzle breaks alone (although the differences between them are cosmetical)! The design with the outfits is also really creative in my opinion, especially with the resistance.

In short/TL;DR: Due to the bugs, I'll say the game is "Good". If all the bugs get fixed, I'll say it's so full of victory the victories will pile up to the heaven

A+ would play again and will play

EDIT: Server browser seems to work all fine now (at least fpswise)

Edited by EmRA