Mr. Green Gaming

MC Server Suggestions

Dr.Minky

Here's a place to post any server suggestions for MineCraft, things that would improve the gameplay for everyone, be it plugins, suggestions for things for the 'Gods' to make, changes to the plugins, events, change in rules or whatever you think is appropriate.

With suggestions (where appropriate) give any photos, links and sources that will give better view of your idea. Hopefully if there are any ideas that everyone likes and Clav thinks are good too he can implement them, as always in the end its entirely up to Clavatron though.

I don't want this to be a spammy minecraft thread thats constantly in the top 5 so please ONLY post if you are posting a suggestion, dont just post to say you think somethings good or bad, if you think something is a good idea give it a +1 and then its easier to see the good ideas.

A trading system, such as Ishibi suggested (I actually designed something VERY similar on the old map myself but never got to use it!), placed in a central map hub which would be the spawn AND home of the gods. With something very impressive for the spawn build such as this (below). A spawn area would be good as you could

- Explain the rules to people, at the minute it has a very 'free' and 'unguided' feel which although is quite nice and open it doesn't do anything to help prevent all the problems we have.

- Have a trading hub that doesn't involve people getting screwed over, there could be say a tax to go and use the trading hub maybe? I've always found trading with actual players to be more fun and rewarding than just the automated SignShop plugin type things.

- A starting area for new players where you can pick up starting equipment (some food and wooden tools, which could be done using a plugin called SupplySign http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/misc-supplysign-1-8-0-infinite-item-distribution-w-signs-chest-dispenser-also-supported-1317.7938/ )

- A jail possibly for players that aren't breaking the rules per-se but are being very douchebaggy, like insulting or logging or whatever, that would need them to spend a certain amount of time in there while online to be able to leave again, so they dont just log off for 10 minutes then come back

- A notice board for any events or secret quests that the Gods have made, so players would have to regularly come and check the boards to find something good, this could also act as a place to collect prizes maybe?

(I know it wouldn't be able to be something like this, but it gives you a good idea of an impressive starting area that would make people go "wooaaaa")

2011-10-16_110112_657538.png

Edited by Dr.Minky

How about you just walk up to the person you want to trade with, throw your shit to the other guy, and if he screws you over, you raid his shit? I don't see the point of having to add plugins for that.

As I said at the top, these are just ideas for people to post that you can think 'yeah thats good' or just ignore, don't bother replying to stuff cause half of it you'll probably think is shit but I thought you might find this pretty handy, some people may have good ideas..

As I said, only post ideas people, +1 if you like something instead of replying to it it makes things a whole lot easier to look through (unless you want to on someone elses idea or whatever)

Edit: i dont think he was suggesting a plugin either, just a trade room

Edited by Dr.Minky

Yes something like that would be EXTRMELY easy to import in with WorldEdit. If this is something Clav would want in I could maybe find some useable schematic files for him, though the Gods may want to build it themselves. As for warps I dunno, the servers never had a warp system, the fact you have to go out and find stuff makes it more adventure-y

Heres another idea I found on another server, I was talking to the owner about it and he said that he'd gotten about 8 donations from this and this was on a pretty quiet server. The coin thing wouldn't be do-able obviously unless you installed an economy plugin, which is a hell load of effort and depends on the server so I dont know if you'd want to do that, I wouldn't bother unless you could tie it in with green-coins somehow.

But the whole package for a price and name change thing seems like a really good idea, I can see this getting a fair few donations,

Edited idea of a vault replacement, instead of a vault you get one chest in a store room at the spawn building that is safe from raiding, say €10 gets you one chest and then you can get 2 chests for a bit more, although this WOULD give people an unfair advantage because they'd just put all their good loot in there like diamonds and stuff but to be honest, if they're paying that much money I wouldn't complain that they had that advantage. If it helps the server then whatever,

Screenshot2011-10-18at225535.png

Screenshot2011-10-18at225806.png

Edited by Dr.Minky

Yes something like that would be EXTRMELY easy to import in with WorldEdit. If this is something Clav would want in I could maybe find some useable schematic files for him, though the Gods may want to build it themselves. As for warps I dunno, the servers never had a warp system, the fact you have to go out and find stuff makes it more adventure-y

Heres another idea I found on another server, I was talking to the owner about it and he said that he'd gotten about 8 donations from this and this was on a pretty quiet server. The coin thing wouldn't be do-able obviously unless you installed an economy plugin, which is a hell load of effort and depends on the server so I dont know if you'd want to do that, I wouldn't bother unless you could tie it in with green-coins somehow.

But the whole package for a price and name change thing seems like a really good idea, I can see this getting a fair few donations,

Screenshot2011-10-18at225535.png

Screenshot2011-10-18at225806.png

Example of a vault that you can buy,

Screenshot2011-10-18at225710.png

I totally agree, unless the last part ;x

If people are able to get a vault then you can't play any faction wqr any more ..

People are just gonne buy a vault and nobody is going to be able to loose stuff

But, the tpa and pig spawner idea is good ;) but you might better connect it to the gods wich

Makes it better xd

Gr8 idea, only part that sux is the vault and irl cash, it makes little kids spend loads of monney

And makes the communitie lose their best members

And makes the communitie lose their best members

Already happened @ Minecraft Server.

Pretty much yea ... Let's say it like this:

So the community wouldn't loose even more of their best members ...

Another idea;

This one is against spawntrapping people and then comming to the conclusion they

Have to much power to claim there shit :

First of all i got no idea what's possible with mc so xd;

If you're in their spawn and killem more then like 3 times within 5 seconds for each kill,

You're able to put a redstone torch down what makes the territory fr you for a minute.

While you grab their stuff, the other faction still has a chance by killing you and then they get

Their territory back right away.

I dunnl if this is possible but it would solve some problems

Edited by Mathijs1996

Last suggestion Ill post for a lil' while so as not to keep posting, but this plugin may be of use to the Gods in some way, I have no idea what way at the minute, but I'm SURE it would be good for something.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-rpg-mobdisguise-v1-64-transform-into-any-mob-and-players-too-no-client-mods-1317.28750/

It lets admins turn players or themselves into zombies, silverfish, creepers, squids, literally any mob. It also lets you turn yourself into a giant (as seen on shadow of Israphel) and change skins immediately too, you just type in the name of the person and it downloads their skin from minecraft.net and applies it straight away

I'm sure you could have some fun with this Clav ;) Could do some pretty awesome server contests, or at the very least spy on people disguised as a silverfish or pretend to be someone else if you find them suspicious or something, possibilities are endless (not really endless..)

Heres a video of it working so you can see what it does,

Edited by Dr.Minky

I think there should be like a pilgramage plugin or something. Where if you go to each god landmark you get like a pass to the temple and you gain some knowlage. Also I think you should make something where some people can be able to make landmarks for you guys. Like i surey would love to I have so many ideas

To tie in what Wez said, you could combine this with enchanting somehow, like by going on a pilgramige and doing certain things you gain 'magical enchanted god thingymawhatever', so basically gain enchanted armour and swords by doing it.

EDIT: Or maybe even by going on a certain pilgrimage you can be turned into a mob (using the plugin above) for a certain amount of time, haha

Edited by Dr.Minky

I have a suggestion on the combat logging thing. Now the protection works with time so any one can go near some one relog and kick some ass. What if it worked

by distance to another player. Like when a member of a hostile faction goes about 20 blocks away from the player that's being raided and tries to relog

the raider wouldn't have any spawn protection same for the person who is being raided. And and the protection time could be shortened from 10 seconds to 5-7 seconds