Mr. Green Gaming

MC Server Suggestions

Dr.Minky

Dr. Minky and I have been chatting. We both agree that the recent STAB system for spamming is slightly flawed. I have just got kicked for spamming (lag issues, which can't really be helped and we all appreciate that) , and don't want a ban. If a regular, such as myself and Dr Minky, happened to get banned, we would instantly be put off the server. Supposing then, we put in an unban request in and we got told, like everyone else, we would have to wait out our ban sentence. However, if we are regulars, shouldn't we be given the benefit of the doubt - why would regulars spam afterall? I don't know how it would work,whether we would get a shortened sentence or what, but if there could be some sort of respect system where somehow regulars could be identified? But, we all appreciate the STAB plug in it being there as it stops those annoying people who just came on to ruin the game for the rest of us! Thanks, Mega :)

Dr. Minky and I have been chatting. We both agree that the recent STAB system for spamming is slightly flawed. I have just got kicked for spamming (lag issues, which can't really be helped and we all appreciate that) , and don't want a ban. If a regular, such as myself and Dr Minky, happened to get banned, we would instantly be put off the server. Supposing then, we put in an unban request in and we got told, like everyone else, we would have to wait out our ban sentence. However, if we are regulars, shouldn't we be given the benefit of the doubt - why would regulars spam afterall? I don't know how it would work,whether we would get a shortened sentence or what, but if there could be some sort of respect system where somehow regulars could be identified? But, we all appreciate the STAB plug in it being there as it stops those annoying people who just came on to ruin the game for the rest of us! Thanks, Mega :)

Just because you consider yourself a regular, your of no more concern or priority than any other player on the server fyi. Stop placing yourself on a level above others.

I think what he is trying to say is, if a plugin say put everyone who's played for more than a certain amount of time / been on a certain amount of times in a list that gave them a little lee-way on spamming, that'd be good, because sometimes if you lag it can post 5 things at once and get you banned and people that have been on a few times are less likely to just come on and start spamming. That might be possible by having two default groups with a veryyyyy slight permissions change (if you use permissions, I assume that you do)

Calm down Corbster :V

Edited by Dr.Minky
  • 3 weeks later...

Just because you consider yourself a regular, your of no more concern or priority than any other player on the server fyi. Stop placing yourself on a level above others.

How are they putting themselves above others- not arguing just wandering.

Hey I think this plugin would be good to have My link

That locks the chest for everyone on the server which probably means no raiding out of chests.

Proposed idea!: Until a stable bukkit is released, a contest should be held for designing a SMALL spawning area for the server, which would need X amount of sign space and a demonstration of the God statues, then when bukkit is released one is picked and modified by the server admins and used in the game! Keep people occupied,

To me, this server is about cleanlieness and simplicity. You have one goal, and that is raping everybody's shit. When you start adding plug ins and fancy spawn areas, you're detracting from the 'faction wars' game type. And IMO that is a bad thing.

I'm sure we all have fun on the server as it is currently set up - It's the only one I consistently play because it has just the right combination of plug ins to allow newcomers and vets to be on an equal playing field.

Besides, we already have all the new stuff from 1.8 to use in an online environment - any more change would be too much to process.

To me, this server is about cleanlieness and simplicity. You have one goal, and that is raping everybody's shit. When you start adding plug ins and fancy spawn areas, you're detracting from the 'faction wars' game type. And IMO that is a bad thing.

I'm sure we all have fun on the server as it is currently set up - It's the only one I consistently play because it has just the right combination of plug ins to allow newcomers and vets to be on an equal playing field.

Besides, we already have all the new stuff from 1.8 to use in an online environment - any more change would be too much to process.

Hence just a small area, before it was just a random spawner plonked in a forest with a statue next to it, simply all the basic rules put up and the gods idea explained too in a neat looking area for new people would be good, could just involve tidying up the forest into a bit of a clearing with a wooden hut in the middle! Nothing major :V In retrospect a spawning area competition people might go a bit overkill like you said

Probably prefer if the "Gods" faction wasn't imposed on the next map, don't see the point of them really, plus wasn't it just a time filler until a proper playable MC was out again.

I think the whole god shrine thing was a bit odd, but the idea of an overlord (they should totally be called overlords) faction is a good idea, just needs polishing up a little bit. Maybe if they had a bit more admin-like power instead of JUST building things it would be handy, like being able to give warnings, but not FULL admin power. Might make things a bit easier in terms of ban requests,

There's so much stuff an overlord faction could potentially do, its just a matter of finding people who actually want to put their time into creating things and coming up with ideas for themselves instead of making a few pretty things and then getting bored, doesnt give players any insentive to even go look at the things and thats what makes the whole Gods thing seem a bit pointless

All I suggest for you guys to implement, is this mod (Once it's updated to a MineCraft Official version. It's called the: "Turret Mod", but, it's not the one featured by the Yogscast. This one is more siege than modern warfare, compared to the lazer turret mods and such. It fits perfectly with the whole Anarchy theme of this server. One thing I do not like about it though, is that you can destroy blocks through water - That's a downside, proving ALL bases useless. I'll have to ask the Mod Maker to add and remove some things - Like what I previously said, it can destroy through water. I also will have to ask if he/she can disable the destruction of bases if any of the faction members aren't online - Like how you can't creeper-bomb or TNT a base with no-one online in that faction. The mod maker is actually pretty sketchy, though. His mod hasn't been updated in a while and it's not even server compatible - I just hope someone creates something similar and better than this retard's creation. Well, here's the link - I just hope, Clavus, that you'll look into it.

All I suggest for you guys to implement, is this mod (Once it's updated to a MineCraft Official version. It's called the: "Turret Mod", but, it's not the one featured by the Yogscast. This one is more siege than modern warfare, compared to the lazer turret mods and such. It fits perfectly with the whole Anarchy theme of this server. One thing I do not like about it though, is that you can destroy blocks through water - That's a downside, proving ALL bases useless. I'll have to ask the Mod Maker to add and remove some things - Like what I previously said, it can destroy through water. I also will have to ask if he/she can disable the destruction of bases if any of the faction members aren't online - Like how you can't creeper-bomb or TNT a base with no-one online in that faction. The mod maker is actually pretty sketchy, though. His mod hasn't been updated in a while and it's not even server compatible - I just hope someone creates something similar and better than this retard's creation. Well, here's the link - I just hope, Clavus, that you'll look into it.

Sorry but that's a pretty ridiculous suggestion. I'm massively against implementing any features that aren't properly hard coded into the game. Clavus also means everyone who wants to play the server would have to download a custom client.

That Mod would make it way to easy to break into bases, thus increasing people to make more water cubes :C

Then if that's true, I'll just practice to TNT cannon on a server that I normally have 3/5 Connection on. In other words, I'll practice TNT- Cannoning people that Luke Nukem likes as they don't build industrious water cubes that protect you from raiding when they should really be on a creative server like ProdiGuild but since they're on an Anarchy server that people titled me LagMaster in my own faction I'll just TNT Cannon the penis off them. Run on sentence ftw. :)

Edited by Drainal

That Mod would make it way to easy to break into bases, thus increasing people to make more water cubes :C

Then if that's true, I'll just practice to TNT cannon on a server that I normally have 3/5 Connection on. In other words, I'll practice TNT- Cannoning people that Luke Nukem likes as they don't build industrious water cubes that protect you from raiding when they should really be on a creative server like ProdiGuild but since they're on an Anarchy server that people titled me LagMaster in my own faction I'll just TNT Cannon the penis off them. Run on sentence ftw. :)

Completely irrelevant, just play the freakin' game, nobody cares. No you cant use that plugin as it requires everybody to download the mod as Corby and Clavus said.