Mr. Green Gaming

MC Server Suggestions

Dr.Minky

Ok, heres a couple suggestions that are quite drastic but I think would benefit the server in a few ways.

1 - Faction Size/Power/Limit

Factions with stupidly high numbers in power and members are pointless to even try and raid making them a super power amongst the server. At no point in a 15 man faction will they ALL be online, allowing them to die just as much as they want without having to worry about land claiming. Another factor that contributes towards this is how high the power per player is now. 10 power per player is too much and makes half of factions un-raidable, this game used to be about raiding and now it doesn't feel this way. 6 is a perfect number imo but 8 is ok but 10 is ridiculous. A final thing to think about is maybe to keep mass factions at a low just limit the max player count for factions? ALL of these changes would create a much faster paced more fun gameplay.

2 - Reserved Slots

Everyone hates seeing 40/40, everyone hates the lag. A way to fix it? Reduce the max player count to 30/35 and add 10/5 reserved slots. These slots will cost green coins and encourage donations which will also better the server in terms of lag. The reserved slots should only last 1 week and should cost roughly 3000 GC. This way the server makes 30/15 euros per week which could go towards increasing the performance once again. Lower player count = less lag. More money = less lag. What honestly could be the downside except for some impatient people who can't wait 10 minutes or so to get on?

Ok, heres a couple suggestions that are quite drastic but I think would benefit the server in a few ways.

1 - Faction Size/Power/Limit

Factions with stupidly high numbers in power and members are pointless to even try and raid making them a super power amongst the server. At no point in a 15 man faction will they ALL be online, allowing them to die just as much as they want without having to worry about land claiming. Another factor that contributes towards this is how high the power per player is now. 10 power per player is too much and makes half of factions un-raidable, this game used to be about raiding and now it doesn't feel this way. 6 is a perfect number imo but 8 is ok but 10 is ridiculous. A final thing to think about is maybe to keep mass factions at a low just limit the max player count for factions? ALL of these changes would create a much faster paced more fun gameplay.

2 - Reserved Slots

Everyone hates seeing 40/40, everyone hates the lag. A way to fix it? Reduce the max player count to 30/35 and add 10/5 reserved slots. These slots will cost green coins and encourage donations which will also better the server in terms of lag. The reserved slots should only last 1 week and should cost roughly 3000 GC. This way the server makes 30/15 euros per week which could go towards increasing the performance once again. Lower player count = less lag. More money = less lag. What honestly could be the downside except for some impatient people who can't wait 10 minutes or so to get on?

oh great even less server slots ....

All the little kids gonna pay for the slots all real guys stuck with only 30 slots ..

BAD IDEA

Only problems with reserved slots is that that means more people registering just to go on the minecraft forums, which normally I'd say is good as it encourages growth of users and crap but the message im getting from most people here is that they are sick of minecraft players posting on a forum that wasn't intended mainly for that, the server could equally just be made entirely reserve slots if you ask me and get the people who ACTUALLY want to play and use the forums for more than just trying to sell things / post a million unbans / being super cerial and start insulting people about a game in which you make pretty things things out of blocks

A regular (per map reset?) green coin donation would either mean they'd need to play other games like tf2 to get coins (and make better use of the forums!) or regularly donate, win win,

Only reserved = More donations to host other things, less unbanning requests, less admin-ing needed, easier to manage, more of a community thing, maybe encourage more of the original greens members to use the forums more, I could go on,

Only down side I see is that there would be less new people to play with but now adays most games are just the same repetitive thing anyway so why not,

What do you think though?

Edited by Dr.Minky
oh great even less server slots ....

All the little kids gonna pay for the slots all real guys stuck with only 30 slots ..

BAD IDEA

Are you that impatient that you would sacrifice laggy un-workable gameplay for a slot? Why would all the kids have slots, get a fucking job bro if your not a 'kid'

How about making a whitelist?

Would lower the amount of hackers and exploiters since everyone would have to introduce themselves on the forums first.

I know it would be a bitch to manage, but I think you could find enough volunteers to help you out, no?

Like what I just said, if it were simply a white list it would mean every single player from the mc server (there must be like 60-70 regular players) would register and start talking about minecraft, and this isnt a minecraft forum, so it might scare off a lot of normal members that dont wanna talk about mc

As Clavus pointed out previously. Whitelists are a bitch to maintain.

I wouldn't aim at reducing the player count. Just to get 5 reserved slots purchasable via Green Coins. Clavus said via IRC that he would consider this if he found a plug in that matched all the features he's looking for. Perhaps you can clarify what these are Clavus?

Let's just say you do install a plug in. All it would take is 5 minutes every Sunday night to add and remove players names from the plug in.

I'm not sure how it all works, but lets say eight people buy slots right now. The first five will be added at 12AM GMT tonight, and the next three will be added next sunday along with any other players who purchased slots within the week.

If you could green coins automatically given for donations, and a plug in that automatically assigns slots when people choose to spend them, you could even set 5 player slots to 'hourly' and charge a lower rate. This would mean it is attainable for those who play other l4g games and use the greencoins earned from games like TF2 on here.

As for the extra traffic to the forums - yeah it sucks that there are more omfg unban me threads. But for every 10 whiney, hacking noobs. You're bound to get a decent guy who will sign up and actually take part in discussions. Our server's constantly 40/40 these days - and that's a good thing. Because we have new people to play with. But the only way the server can expand is with more capital to spend on a server.

I think reserved slots are only a good idea if you can upgrade the amount of server slots with the donations you recive.

As second I wanne bring up that more than half the community doesn't know how the greencoin system works, since it's not active on the minecraft server. They don't know how to get them AND they probably they don't know where to find the donation instructions on the forums.

I think loads of players are willing to pay for a reserved server slots but I think it would be awesome if you can use their money to upgrade the server so we got more slots so even more people can buy reserved slots.

As far as I see is this a WIN-WIN situation.

Anyway, my point: I think an admin should make a new thread on how to donate here in the minecraft section so everybody knows. AND I think the money from the donations of the mc server should be put into upgrading the MC server instead of other servers where the people who donate never play and don't care about.

Greats Math

Scourge - The Professionals

Edited by Mathijs1996

Scourge - The Proffesionals

I'm sure your opinion would have more weight if you could type professional correctly.

Thanks for showing me that I made a pretty epic fail type there =D

All in a day's work of a grammar nazi.

Is typing included to grammer ? tought grammer has only to do with verb forms and the build of you sentence ?

Think typing wrong is included into the category spelling ?!

[Just to get you back =D]

I'm sure your opinion would have more weight if you could type professional correctly.

Is typing included to grammer ? tought grammer has only to do with verb forms and the build of you sentence ?

In linguistics, grammar is the set of structural rules that govern the composition of clauses, phrases, and words in any given natural language. The term refers also to the study of such rules, and this field includes morphology, syntax, and phonology, often complemented by phonetics, semantics, and pragmatics. Linguists do not normally use the term to refer to orthographical rules, although usage books and style guides that call themselves grammars may also refer to spelling and punctuation.

Also, grammar*

In linguistics, grammar is the set of structural rules that govern the composition of clauses, phrases, and words in any given natural language. The term refers also to the study of such rules, and this field includes morphology, syntax, and phonology, often complemented by phonetics, semantics, and pragmatics. Linguists do not normally use the term to refer to orthographical rules, although usage books and style guides that call themselves grammars may also refer to spelling and punctuation.

Also, grammar*

This ain't a fair fight :'(

I got an idea,

Why can't we make the land system a bit different ?

so you can claim near enemies what's pretty logic if you wanne claim there land ?

It was like that before, lots of random land claimed, I suggested people can say claim 2 land outside of their main part so if they want to use it they need to unclaim it

I got an idea,

Why can't we make the land system a bit different ?

so you can claim near enemies what's pretty logic if you wanne claim there land ?

It was like that before, lots of random land claimed, I suggested people can say claim 2 land outside of their main part so if they want to use it they need to unclaim it

ye sounds good

Quit it bitches...

Moving on. I would like to say 4 key words. ' MAKE THE SERVER HARDCORE! '

This will give the opportunity of brining more people to forums thus causing numbers to rack up, B...B...b..Bu...BUT! they will all be complaining about why the whole map and over 100 hours of game play has just gone in a' poof '

Pros~

-Making Drainal rage that little bit more making himself look like an idiot crying over Minecraft. Then again me and Minky would die a little inside with all the hard work we have put in.

-More people signing up to complain or to find out what's going on.

-Less complaints about people hacking and also getting banned

-No one will get bored a little bit of a challenge I would say.

Cons~

-Drainal raging more. ( this is a pro can con )

-People abusing the fact.

-To easy to kill someone - Make it like a berserker so they have to be killed for the map to reset like make an admin a berserker ( when they die the map resets NO GOD MODE! )

Not really that many

This all came from an idea I had just now as I am in random mood.

Take this idea with all open arms and make it happen at the end of a new map reset

Luke Nukem x

Quit it bitches...

Moving on. I would like to say 4 key words. ' MAKE THE SERVER HARDCORE! '

This will give the opportunity of brining more people to forums thus causing numbers to rack up, B...B...b..Bu...BUT! they will all be complaining about why the whole map and over 100 hours of game play has just gone in a' poof '

Pros~

-Making Drainal rage that little bit more making himself look like an idiot crying over Minecraft. Then again me and Minky would die a little inside with all the hard work we have put in.

-More people signing up to complain or to find out what's going on.

-Less complaints about people hacking and also getting banned

-No one will get bored a little bit of a challenge I would say.

Cons~

-Drainal raging more. ( this is a pro can con )

-People abusing the fact.

-To easy to kill someone - Make it like a berserker so they have to be killed for the map to reset like make an admin a berserker ( when they die the map resets NO GOD MODE! )

Not really that many

This all came from an idea I had just now as I am in random mood.

Take this idea with all open arms and make it happen at the end of a new map reset

Luke Nukem x

faction wars would be impossible to do with hardcore mode and annyway,

what about you dieing and cant join the sever for 3 weeks cause a noob afk in a hola doesn't die ?

You do understand this is not going to happen but just a random idea for when the server is refreshing for a new update? You must think that it could be more of an END battle. We all meet with the armour on our backs and swords that have been our trusty stabby, stabby and slashy slashy companion.

We will meet you in the fields where you will lay ridden with blood and guts from fellow soldiers.

Okay, how about this.. Next map reset, the server gets taken down for X amount of time (a month?) (in which time we'd get NO people spamming on the forums) and the MC server can have a big re-think, since it's causing so much hastle and each time it's is just almost the exact same thing put up with a new map and each time has the same problems and feel to it