Mr. Green Gaming

Bad idea

The mr green minecraft server was perfect be4 (apart from hackers/X-rayers) but now you cant place a furnace brewstand or enchant table. they should at least enable furnaces because u need 2 make charcoal iron/gold ingots glass. the brew stand and enchant i am ok with tho but now everywere is jungle and there are no birch trees:( now boats r usless and u cant get snow. each biome is usful but we only got jungle which gets boring after a while.

the new ore sistem is bad because diamond is rare so facs that dupe will be the only facs with dia stuff

and most cant mine it due 2 ore shortage and no smelting

creeperface "/-\"

Do what my faction did. Go insane, take over a furnace for yourself and wall it off completely so only you have access, then mine like crazy.

We have 2 people in full iron with a diamond sword each and 4 people in full diamond with a diamond sword each. And we have yet to dupe.

Oh, an make your base almost invincible, that helps :3

EDIT: and glass often isn't a smart choice. It has low damping vs explosives and can be enderpearled through. Use 4 stairs instead, as they also stop mobs from seeing you. (Until the 1.3 update)

Edited by Frizzy

I had a root around the web, couldn't find anything. I also checked out a few bases and there weren't any signs of duping so hopefully the OP was just talking hypothetically.

He was actually talking without prior knowledge and making sweeping assumptions. His logic pattern most likely follows this-

I have few diamonds > Diamonds are hard to find > A few factions have a large number of members with full diamond armor > Duping exploits have happened before with similar results > Therefore all factions with full diamond armour must be dupers.

It makes sense, but it forgets a large number of other variables.

I had a root around the web, couldn't find anything. I also checked out a few bases and there weren't any signs of duping so hopefully the OP was just talking hypothetically.

He was actually talking without prior knowledge and making sweeping assumptions. His logic pattern most likely follows this-

I have few diamonds > Diamonds are hard to find > A few factions have a large number of members with full diamond armor > Duping exploits have happened before with similar results > Therefore all factions with full diamond armour must be dupers.

True, but duping is pointless, stupid, and lazy. Diamonds are easier to find in this map, I found a few at layer 30. If diamonds become very rare, it could become easier to catch dupers. I got 19 diamonds in total from mining. No duping. It takes 26 diamonds to make a full set of armor and a sword. But, the last thing may be right. In my singleplayer world I have 140 diamonds, and despite the fact I have a Fortune III enchanted pick, it took me a few months to earn those fair and square.

If, say, a faction had 10 people, and they all had diamond armor and swords, it would equal to 260 diamonds. No faction would have gotten them via trade, and by the time everyone has diamond armor the base has to have already been raided or the diamonds stolen.

True, but duping is pointless, stupid, and lazy. Diamonds are easier to find in this map, I found a few at layer 30. If diamonds become very rare, it could become easier to catch dupers. I got 19 diamonds in total from mining. No duping. It takes 26 diamonds to make a full set of armor and a sword. But, the last thing may be right. In my singleplayer world I have 140 diamonds, and despite the fact I have a Fortune III enchanted pick, it took me a few months to earn those fair and square.

If, say, a faction had 10 people, and they all had diamond armor and swords, it would equal to 260 diamonds. No faction would have gotten them via trade, and by the time everyone has diamond armor the base has to have already been raided or the diamonds stolen.

This map has a lower frequency of ores compared to default spawning, yet my faction with 8 people, only 4 of which get on frequently, have 4 full sets of diamond. I don't want to say much else, because I'm sure people will raid us. But let's just suffice to say we won't have a shortage soon.

It's taken us all of a week and a half to obtain all of that.

My point is this- Raiding pays off quite well.

This map has a lower frequency of ores compared to default spawning, yet my faction with 8 people, only 4 of which get on frequently, have 4 full sets of diamond. I don't want to say much else, because I'm sure people will raid us. But let's just suffice to say we won't have a shortage soon.

25 man faction, 5 stacks diamond blocks.

Just go raid the xrayers, dupers, other client users or exploiters.

We got em fair and square tough those diamonds weren't fairly obtained by the raiding targets.

sure.. raiding pays off well... but you cant raid someone with diamonds unless you have atlest a diamond sword and usually half a set of diamonds, or a hell of aalot of splash pots so yes it pays off but no it doesnt work so well here with the shortage of materials unless you have like you said several players on constantly mining, and most of us dont have that many players on 24/7 devoted just to mining diamonds for armor

sure.. raiding pays off well... but you cant raid someone with diamonds unless you have atlest a diamond sword and usually half a set of diamonds, or a hell of aalot of splash pots so yes it pays off but no it doesnt work so well here with the shortage of materials unless you have like you said several players on constantly mining, and most of us dont have that many players on 24/7 devoted just to mining diamonds for armor

When did I say I had any players power mining? Our mines are tiny compared to most factions! We really haven't done much mining. In fact, just the other day we raided and made a massive payout from raiding a smaller faction!

I'd say 90% of our diamonds are from raiding, and that's what this map wants. This map strongly pushes you towards raiding for your gear, as mining isn't efficient.

You just assumed we power mined.

That's what you need to do kids. You need to buy Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation arrowhead and spend your time there. You probably know I want YOU to play DayZ. All your problems with fun solved. No need to thank me.

never heard of it

Hence why he just told you about it.

Yes, but what good would a map reset do now? 9 Days before the update.

Just wait it out and get ready for some good old faction wars on a normal map. Make some plans for the next map, see if your current faction members are trust-worthy, etc.

i have a feeling tho that the problem is that the damage is aalready done, and that most players, mainly those who dont regularly check the forums about there been a new map coming will leave forever... and it will take a long time to get that player base back up.the thing we need most of all rather than changingto much of the map (besides reverting it back to like it was last map before the build comp) is to puch advertising, and try to cram in as many players as we possibly can