Mr. Green Gaming

Timed out bug abuse?

Btw fyi /votekick does absolutely nothing. Today PUBLIC was "not ready", Jack did votekick and nothing happened, I did it after that, again noone voted 1 to kick a bugged player. Maybe it would be better to give mods the normal /kick command. Or to make /votekick only votable for mods, so that if I do it, only Jack and other mods would be able to vote, not normal players.

Edited by MegasXLR

This happens when the player's game crashed, but the player doesnt close his freezed game.

I'll try to make a detection script, but its quite hard since it's hard to recreate the problem.

Actually you just get like 2000ms of ping, then it says "Timed out" and when you try to reconnect it says "ur name is in use" and u nned to change it and join again

This happens when the player's game crashed, but the player doesnt close his freezed game.

I'll try to make a detection script, but its quite hard since it's hard to recreate the problem.

Actually you just get like 2000ms of ping, then it says "Timed out" and when you try to reconnect it says "ur name is in use" and u nned to change it and join again

Thats another problem. Those ones will get kicked after a while, while the ones that crashed won't since they pass timeout checks.

Had afk bug in race last night, did a /votekick all voted yes, worked fine.

Sure, but what if noone votes or most are No for a bugged player. They don't even look in TAB, they just vote randomly.

Well its a simple fix for this

1 Allow moderators to only use this command for bugged players.

2 When votekick appears put a text like: Do you want the bugged player to be kicked?

That way unless everyone wants the time-out player to be on (which would be nearly impossible), or are missing 100% of their brain, the command should work fine.

Edited by HeArTBeaT
  • 4 weeks later...

i didn't see one moderator comming from race to try kick those 2.

Finally cena came.

Its a good thing that i got /k as the last survivor because i was outside the map while 2 time-outs were on, because clearly i was preventing the round to end.... nice work moderators.... NICE WORK!

Can whe get in some way a solution to this?

A control panel were you can select a player like an admin?

why not just add an 1 minute time limit to how much you can be "not ready"

Other servers have it, it can be done

While its a good idea, it only partially fixes the problem (someone timing out mid game).

I will implement this while looking for other solutions.

Can whe get in some way a solution to this?

A control panel were you can select a player like an admin?

why not just add an 1 minute time limit to how much you can be "not ready"

Other servers have it, it can be done

While its a good idea, it only partially fixes the problem (someone timing out mid game).

I will implement this while looking for other solutions.

it should work with every map change.... in theory