Mr. Green Gaming

1 life on rtf therefore dm would fit?

Two big problems I have with this idea are 1.: what happens if the active players have died, and 2. when will you get the chance to practice RTF maps when you only have 1 to 3 chances and then have to wait a few days for that map to even show up again? A lot of maps are Trial and Error, you need to keep trying it them again and again and before you can finish... DM maps with our current vote system, that simply is not possible.

Edited by BlueYoshi97
Guest F1MADKILLER
1 hour ago, BlueYoshi97 said:

Two big problems I have with this idea are 1.: what happens if the active players have died, and 2. when will you get the chance to practice RTF maps when you only have 1 to 3 chances and then have to wait a few days for that map to even show up again? A lot of maps are Trial and Error, you need to keep trying it them again and again and before you can finish... DM maps with our current vote system, that simply is not possible.

You speak logic Yoshi! but how about the DM system when you die, you get spawned into a diffrent dim to practice the map with no chance of GCs or Tops just 1 idea if pepole really want that system

Guest F1MADKILLER
32 minutes ago, TheMoose said:

@BlueYoshi97

I think I was on a server once that enabled ghost players once they died, same dm/rtf. Maybe that could work? Is it too difficult to code?

Or... maybe the players could just vote to repeat the map if they really wanna improve their skillset? After all, they'd get 6 attempts if it's 2 attempts per map.

1 issue is when all players spawn at begining no GM be chaos everyone would just die it needs some sort of GM

On 02. 02. 2017. at 9:34 AM, TheMoose said:

why don't we have it like this? that way both ppl that love dm and ppl that hate dm would be satisfied. I noticed this when we deleted a dm map and the dm maker complained and suggested 1 life on the dm map so those of us who hate rtf wouldn't complain, and i agreed with his suggestion.

And what to do then when some players die after that 1 try, and some are afk, and some of them are just playing arround?

13 minutes ago, Flipper said:

And what to do then when some players die after that 1 try, and some are afk, and some of them are just playing arround?

Most DM servers it go's to practice mode after u die, so dead players can still play just not win. Map ends after all have died, or someone RTF.

Edited by MoshPit
On 15/02/2017 at 6:56 PM, Flipper said:

People messing around do so cuz they're bored with DM they'll easily cave in to peer pressure and suicide. Most of the time messing around includes dying anyways. After one death they can be spawned into same map only no longer valid for keeping the map running, I'm quite sure I saw it on another server years ago. And afk players dont spawn.