Mr. Green Gaming

[ZS] Game Update

Deluvas

As you can see, the new update is live, but there are bugs. The game needs tweaking, and more addons, but i couldn't do them in time, so i will make small updates in the days that will come.

I will post a full changelog ("oh god plz kill me") and i think i'll keep this thread active when the small updates come!

PS: I'll post the changelog tomorrow!

Some major things i've fixed in my new updates (not yet release)

-> You can now properly buy shop items that require you to have other upgrades bought.

-> Fixed PoisEff clientside error when getting hit by a poison headcrab spit in the eye.

-> Fixed a scoreboard clientside error.

-> Fixed a couple of notice numbers: Instead of "You did 24.432984238427823 damage with backbreaker", it will be rounded to 24 damage.

... Some more, i just can't rememeber!

FULL CHANGELOG :

1. Gameplay: Humans: - Added a bullet damage calculation system. The bullet loses its damage in time if the target is far away.

- Added recoil on almost all weapons and slightly reduced spread values.

- Fixed ironsight reload bug and animation.

- Fixed all weapons FOV bug.

- Fixed some typos on the scoreboard.

- Upgrade "Last Stand Man" now gives the player the M249 even if your slots are full.

- When you connect to the server for the first time, you'll get a class screen, from where you can choose your human class. After you choose your class, you spawn as human.

- New formula for speed calculation if you are badly hurt. Also, ironsight now changes speed properly.

- Improved weapons : All ranged weapons.

- Removed weapons : Mac10.

- Added new weapons to the drop list.

- Added new classes: Medic, Berserker, Commando, Support, Engineer. Medic spawns with a health pack/syrenge (whatever you want to call it) and you can heal people by pressing the left mouse and heal self by pressing the right button (hold it). Berserker spawns with an axe at higher levels. Increased damage with pistols. Increased melee damage, heals x % based on level from the damage he inflicts. Engineer spawns with mines, sometimes a nailing hammer. At higher levels he spawns with pulse rifle and turret. Commando is a military class. Has a chance to spawn with a rifle. Increase damage with rifles. Support has a chance to spawn with a smg and or barricade kit. At higher levels, he spawns with shotgun. For more information type !classinfo to see what are your class bonuses and !levelstats to see how much till level up!

Zombies: - Fixed "SteamRoller" upgrade. It is now giving the right amount of health back.

- Changed zombie postprocessing.

- Fixed gibs. They now return the right amount of health back.

- Gibs now collide with world and static objects only.

- Fixed headcrab view. Also disabled crouch for headcrabs, since they can fit through anything.

- Disabled jump for poison headcrabs. They don't jump in the original game (half life 2)

- Added !rollthedice to zombies: Lose : You can lose health or brains. Win : brains.

- Slightly increased normal zombie walking speed.

- Zombies have a chance to drop a jar of health pills (whatever you want to call it) or an ammo box. (These are just for achievements - Medic and Commando).

- Lowered headcrab (normal) damage by 2. It still scales with zombie around you.

2. Shop: - Added new shop item: Vampire! Cost: 7000 GC. As zombie, you leech health from your victim. The greater the damage, the greater the health leeched.

- Added new shop item: Cheat Death! Cost: 6500 GC.As human, if you have health equal or less than 30 and you get hit by a zombie (and the damage is greater than 25), then you have a 30% chance to not take damage. This can occur once every 5 minutes.

- Added new shop item: Horse health. Cost: 5500GC. As human, you regenerate an additional 10 hp. You need "Quick Cure" to buy this upgrade, and at least 3 other upgrades.

- Added new shop item: Surgery. Cost 3300 GC. As human, you heal 50% more health from health vials/packs. You require 3 upgrades to buy this.

- Added new hats: Computer Monitor, Headcrab, Egg and Skull.

- Added new shop item: Natural Immunity. Cost: 5000 GC. As human, if you get hit by a poison headcrab spit or hump, you will get 40% less damage. You need at least 4 other upgrades to buy this.

- Fixed the bug where you couldn't buy upgrades that require other upgrades or a number of upgrades.

3. VGUI and Effects: - Fixed health bar. It now shows health correctly.

- Added human change class menu. Only appears at first spawn. (It will appear anytime you want, soon)

- New damage take effect. (Probably gonna make this an option since some people complain about it)

- Added notice system. (Probably gonna make this an option since sometimes it's annoying)

- Added a shake screen when you move right/left and realistic bounce when you move.

- Set film grain ON by default with a low value.

- Added reloading sound (Like "Reloading") when you reload a weapon with bullets as a human!

- Added different glow colors for different weapons.

- Added some music when you spawn. (Probably gonna make this an option)

- New scope for awm, scout and crossbow. Added crosshair for the same weapons.

4. General: - Added no-collide with players from the same team.

- Removed the code that let's you walk through small props because it was buggy. ( Not Permanent )

- Added a new weapon: SMG from the original game.

- New rewarding system: If you do enough damage as human or as zombie, you will get brains, weapons. You can still find weapons in the map!

- Added ability to call !levelstats and !classinfo from zombie side.

- Player models are class specific now!

More coming... Stay tuned!

Edited by Deluvas
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you can see, the new update is live, but there are bugs. The game needs tweaking, and more addons, but i couldn't do them in time, so i will make small updates in the days that will come.

I will post a full changelog ("oh god plz kill me") and i think i'll keep this thread active when the small updates come!

PS: I'll post the changelog tomorrow!

Ok, nice. I'll give it a swing.

And keep track of your changelog while you're changing things, makes life easier :P

EDIT:

My first experiences:

- Looks nice

- Wobbly walking effect is nice, but don't know if it might be annoying on the long run

- Some message popped up at the top of the screen when I killed a human, but it disappeared too fast to read it. Make it last longer!

- Music intro every time you spawn as zombie is somewhat annoying. Maybe just do one the first time you spawn as zomb.

- My game crashed after 3 minutes :')

MOAR STUFF:

- Last human just started when I joined. Yet I could still select a human class and spawn as human. Make sure this does not happen and all not-yet-spawned people get put with the zombies when last human starts.

- Some of the healthkit model files are not uploaded to the download server. That's why you need to 'redownload' them each time you join.

- Can't see shit in zs_clav_segments because of the color correction making it waaaay too dark. EDIT: yeah color correction makes many maps too dark. You don't start out with a flashlight so it's highly annoying.

- Some of the message you get, like "good job on killing a zombie" and "boom headshot" just get annoying to see every time you do something.

I don't know about the crashes, but ..

- Last human just started when I joined. Yet I could still select a human class and spawn as human. Make sure this does not happen and all not-yet-spawned people get put with the zombies when last human starts.

- Some of the healthkit model files are not uploaded to the download server. That's why you need to 'redownload' them each time you join.

- Can't see shit in zs_clav_segments because of the color correction making it waaaay too dark. EDIT: yeah color correction makes many maps too dark. You don't start out with a flashlight so it's highly annoying.

- Some of the message you get, like "good job on killing a zombie" and "boom headshot" just get annoying to see every time you do something.

Thanks for the hints. I was planning on making some options for the notice system and the damage effect. Also, implement a nightvision system of some sort...

The pills and ammo that zombies drop do they do anything? and the syringe is annoying as medic you need to double click to heal yourself

You need to hold it down (right click) to heal yourself and left click to heal other, but they must stand still ... And the pills and ammo are for the commando/medic achievements.

Edited by Deluvas
Thanks for the hints. I was planning on making some options for the notice system and the damage effect. Also, implement a nightvision system of some sort...

Just put back the flashlight. It'd be silly if everyone had night vision goggles but no flashlight, and if you're not planning on giving it to everyone it doesn't solve the problem of people being stuck in the dark. I suggest you just brighten up the PP color mod somewhat.

To the update:

Deluvas did a great job and it took a long time to do it.

you can walk through little props,you dont get stuck,nice ironview, good balancing, 5 different classes with levels...and there's more!

It's perfect!

I am sure our server will get many players in the next weeks.

I am proud to be a part of the whole thing.

Edited by Chainsawman17
*props floating like my shit in the toilet..

There was a problem with the collisions that's why i disabled some features. Why are you mean :< ? "Server getting worse by the day"? Most of the gamemodes are team made. I am one man and so was Clavus when he made the awesome Infected Wars game :/

Edited by Deluvas
I don't see why the dark stuff is a problem. Weapons got sparkles so you can find them more easily. It's not a 100% black screen or whatever.

Start zs_clav_segments with the current ZS while having no flashlight at start, and you'll see what I mean. The darkness of the environment should not be changed by the pp mod, it's something the map maker should control.

Yeah. zs_clav_segments is really dark.

If you are human, and a zombie comes and you dont have a flashlight.

You cant see where is he is. and you often panic when he hits you, and again. because you cant find him.

I know darkness adds to the horror. but FPS horror games never have 100% darkness. if they have, they often have a flashy.

(doom III , F.e.a.r etc ect)

Edited by Hundred2

Can anyone tell me. how to level up with Engineer?

i mean the 1000 barricades one, make 1000 cades with the cade gun?

and. what is the use of the ammo boxes/crates that get dropped?

EDIT: (massive rant)

Please disable suiciding as human at start... please!

now 85% of the time people suicide and with the easier brain system they get 4 brains.

They redeem. and we have to spend the next 10 min trying to get them.

note: this happend 10 times in a row

*looks at sh@dows*

So. disable suicide at start, or make a system that if someone suicides they either get punished (long spawn time, 1-2 min, they start with -1 brain)

or:The the 1rst zombie gets a brain if someone suicides in the first 2 minutes

Im not saying suiciding should be forbidden, but now its VERY easy to abuse comeback.

Signed. A angry number.

Edited by Hundred2