Mr. Green Gaming

[ZS] Game Update

Deluvas

Upcoming Patch 3.07

- Changed the class information sending by usermessage mechanism.

- Fixed some typos in the human class selection menu and edited it to be more understandable.

- Fixed the bug where the human redeem protection would not protect you from prop damage. While protected, you are immune to damage caused by Zombie Players and 'prop damage'.

- New crosshair for zombies.

- Fixed the problem where the message "Survivors get 45 greencoins!" would appear even if there were none.

- Fixed a bug where you could scream as wraith even if your health was below 15! (..die and get errors)

- The suicide 'sickness' effect won't fade if you reconnect to the server.

- New killicons for Turret and Mine.

- Fixed turret / mine inflictor. You won't be able to glitch achievments using this.

- Survivors now receive 45 greencoins instead of 10.

- Added Scout Sniper and AWM to the rifle list, for the commando achievment.

- Updated some chat commands with the new command sending system.

- Fixed a bug in the !redeem command.

- Fixed bug where you could move when you were dead.

- Increased minimum spawn protection to 10 seconds. Maximum is 20.

- Fixed poison zombie/wraith gib throwing/attacking mechanism. (You will not stop, even if in midair, when throwing gibs or attacking as Wraith).

- Fixed reloading sound for the Half life 2 SMG.

- Implemented the 'increased clip size for the pulse rifle' for engineers.

- Greatly improved the unstuck script! Reduced cooldown to 10 seconds. (!stuck or !unstuck or !zsstuck)

- Fixed a bug where you wouldn't redeem after you've gained the last neccesary brain from the Dice.

- Improved zombie hitting mechanism. It now uses 2 traces. (normal trace and hulltrace). It should be unwise to stand near a zombie, now! (Evasive maneuvers won't save you from it)

- Edited the scoreboard because of spacing problems.

- Added a slight highlight for the localplayer in the scoreboard.

- Clamped Berserker's heal amount to 6 * difficulty. That means, you'll heal a maximum of 6 hitpoints on normal difficulty and 12 hitpoints on insane difficulty. Also, easy difficulty is considered normal here.

- Lowered Berserker damage bonus with melee weapons from 10% to 8%. That means if you are level 2, you get 16% more damage instead of 20%.

- Readded Breath meter.

- Added 'weapon_zs_aug' to the Commando 'Do x damage with rifles' achievment.

- The health bar smoothing effect is now scaled by hp/maxhp ratio instead of health.

- Upgrade 'Comeback' changed. New Description : "Get an aditional weapon after redeeming. The weapon you will get when you redem is fixed when you die. The fewer the humans when you die, the better the weapon you get when you redeem."

- Upgrade 'Crowbar Wielding God' changed. Cost lowered to 6500 GC. Changes: Crowbar damage scales with the amount of zombies. Crowbar damage will not stack with Berserker bonus or Last Man Stand upgrade bonus.

- 'Adrenaline' cost lowered to 5000 GC.

- The Support class has a chance to spawn with a Scout Sniper. (around 50%).

- Support class running speed increased by 15%.

- Berserker Bonus "Cannot be grabbed by zombies" changed to "Does not take damage from crows".

- Readded reward system based on score (frags) for humans. The rewards are : At 6 kills, get a good pistol. At 15 kills, get a smg. At 25 kills, get a rifle and at 40 kills, get a shotgun. Regarding weapon slots: If you don't have space for more weapons, the game will calculate the weakest gun and drop it.

- Updated the Reward System based on score (damage) with the weakest gun drop formula.

- Fixed a bug where the weapon count would not decrement on weapon drop!

- Medics are not affected by the slowing effect when critically injured.

- New Shop Item: "Spartan". Cost 5500 GC. Requires 7 other upgrades. Description: You receive [15 + (your frags divided by 5)] percent less damage from Normal and Poison zombies.

Post any bugs you encounter.

I didn't forget many things but i didn't have time to finish them with proper testing,etc

Edit: Fixed the berserker bug concerning gained health.

There are some bugs. Please notify me about them. thanks. Also, if i made any mistakes in the wall of text above, just ignore them.

Edited by Deluvas
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm impatient to test the new mode, Deluvas worked hard on it so it should be a good thing!

For dark screen,what would be cool is a full working-night vision goggles (you see clearly in tghe darkness,but light can blinds you (because if you use NVG in light it hurt eyes normally :P ).

It's much easier just to stick the torches back without having to have a gun, it'd be a waste of time with night-vision goggles.

I would personally have removed the damages as Crow because if the humans are very well caded and if zombies can't pass they will just suicide, go behind the human cade and poop on them, and humans can't almost kill them :o

(We can but why is it so hard to shoot a standing crow with a machine gun at 1 cm away? Oo )

Just for example, yesterday on zs_nastyhouse I got on the roof as human, destroyed the door so zombies can't get on the roof without prop jumping, 4 crows followed me and they just stood as Crow form to attack me, and I couldn't kill them, all I had to do is running randomly on the roof while trying to shoot incoming zombies, so if zombies can't kill a human, crows will :/

Edited by Chikennugget1

Also, I saw someone spawn on head of a human, On the head, the zombie just popped on there.

Also, that "YOU ARE INFECTED CROW" while being a zombie is annoying, cause I can't see a shit while trying to do something because I go Thirdperson.

Also, the hitboxes, I thought I killed one, but it was only a warp.

Please fix the spawnplaces, at least 1 player gets stuck on that retarded spot on zs_subversive where there is that trash canister.

Also, you can spawn without claws at all.

Also, did the fasties get somehow stronger? 9 damage each hit and increased hit chance. (Hundy said) Also, I died really fast of 2 fasties. About 20 damage in matter of seconds.

Also, when you spawn, do you get 5x speed? If not, we have found a speedhacker.

Edited by Lemon!

Its great that you keep ZS updated. but try to make small updates once in a while to prevent a update making zs harder and less fun and people need to wait a week before there are fixes

(not saying you arent doing bad , im not a lua coder myself etc)

There are a few probs with this update:

Fast zombies are overpowerd.

9 damage per hit (on higher difficulties, and its always Hard + when fasties come). 0.5 hits per second. YOU DIE IN 6 SECONDS. 3 IF IT ARE 2 FASTIES . 1.5 FROM FULL HEALTH (!!!) IF IT ARE 3 (usually). dont get me started on 4 fasties. you just die in a blink. :V

Other probs

1. crow hitboxes (yes its a mayor problem, solving them solves 2 problems below)

2. crows block your view.

3. Crows can just fly past your barricade and spawn somewhere and rape you.

4. Fast zombies are overpowerd as shit.

5. Berserker hit accuracy is 0 compared to the zombie one.

6. Berserker is a joke. he got double nerfed in the update. 1. the damage + regen nerf. 2. the increased accuracy zombies now have.

7. Nailing hammers are rarer then finding a Shiny Mew in Pok

Is it rare to find shiny mew?

Shinies arent in Pokemon blue and finding mew is impossible as you can only find him with a glitch.

so its IMpossible.

Also lemon is right about Comeback, when there are 5 humans left you already have a good gun.

A solution is to make it sellable but i never get a Yes/no when i ask for it. The upgrade has been changed SO drastic, that the reason to buy it is VERY DIFFERENT then BEFORE the change.

i would not buy it now.

I do not abuse it, heck i try my best not to die.

But call me unhappy and never statisfied about comeback.I am happy comeback has been changed , the only problem (me too) is that alot of people want to sell the upgrade. because they dont want THIS comeback version.

Edited by Hundred2

Mostly it gives people idea "I'll suicide first and I get super gun!"

Oi, I have a idea. How about if you increase the Barricade kit and proxy mine chance of getting it? Like...Both about 40-50% The higher rank, the bigger chance. For example, firstly 40% Then 50% Then 55%

Edited by Lemon!

Deluvas, I've been talking to almost all the regulars on the server, and most of us think you should completely remove the crows from ZS. They are pure gameplay killers. Even though you removed the damage they caused, crows render the maps and all attemps of barricades in them useless, as they can just come inside from windows or holes in roofs that would otherwise be inaccessible and spawn behind you or in a room right next to you, raping everyone inside and leaving everyone in a state of "OMFG <_< ". Don't get me wrong, Deluvas, we've been loving the updates and new content you've been introducing to ZS, and with the new class stuff you created a winning formula! People weren't sure about it first, but they came around and now everyone likes the class and weapons system, but this crow spawn thing surely won't work, as it is killing the game for everyone.

Anyways, first post :D

I must agree with Stealthcat, the crows made a drastic change in the gameplay, and in the wrong way. I thought that only comeback needed to be fixed in the previous version, and you have the most awesome zs game ever.

Some bugs:

-player highlight doesn't work for me

-if crows stay: remove zombie spawn protection and zombie extra speed at spawning(most unfair at first zombie)

-if crows stay: in crow mode those black lines in the top and in the bottom of the screen hides the hud. It would be good to see it.