30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in a God?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does it start? Micro organisms that were created in the big bang.

Good so your God is bing bang.

Im out.

If you can't take this, I'd like to know: How did YOUR God get created? Why is he floating around on a cloud right now, looking at all the misery and death in the world? Why isn't he doing anything? And WHY do you believe in your God? Did your parents tell you that? Did you actually choose for it yourself?

For a religious person, you're extremely ignorant.

Note that I DO respect all believes, as long as it doesn't get rubbed in my face/the person that believes starts getting all aggresive towards Athiesm.

That, my good sir, is the prodably one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

When I see people rage about religion, it's always the goddamn atheists.

Also, I find it dumb to say bible was just made for money. They did not have evolution theories and that stuff back then, that was their explanation for creation of world.

Or do you think evolution theory was made for money too? Or maybe, it was just healty curiosity?

EDIT: oh jesus, more:

If you can't take this, I'd like to know: How did YOUR God get created? Why is he floating around on a cloud right now, looking at all the misery and death in the world? Why isn't he doing anything? And WHY do you believe in your God? Did your parents tell you that? Did you actually choose for it yourself?

God just is there. Just like superman has cool powers.

Maybe he thinks its fun. I enjoy killing people on my computer screen, why wouldn't he?

If I could create worlds and make them have wars, I would look at them with curiosity, and I wouldn't interrupt them.

And yes, I did choose my religion myself. Mom and stepdad are both atheists.

Edited by EmRA

Where does it start? Micro organisms that were created in the big bang.

Good so your God is bing bang.

Im out.

For a religious person, you're extremely ignorant.

Basicly im not a religious person since i dont go at church every sunday. Basicly i didnt say or debated how god got created but i asked those atheist guys from where their statement started when they say they belive in evolution. The sense of this world has two senses 1 bad and 1 good. Why he should act when somebudy is dying and other have the best fun ever? Yes my parents told me about these facts but somehow i dont belive them ( church ones ).

Note that I DO respect all believes, as long as it doesn't get rubbed in my face/the person that believes starts getting all aggresive towards Athiesm.

That, my good sir, is the prodably one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

When I see people rage about religion, it's always the goddamn atheists.

Also, I find it dumb to say bible was just made for money. They did not have evolution theories and that stuff back then, that was their explanation for creation of world.

Or do you think evolution theory was made for money too? Or maybe, it was just healty curiosity?

Not saying athiests can't be stupid and aggressive towards religious people, they're just as stupid.

The theory of evolution isn't made for money. Athiests DON'T have churches or stuff like that, so it's not about the money. The Theory of Evolution has been around for a long time. It became better known in 1859, thanks to Darwin and "The Origin of Species".

My opinion about the bible and religion in general (OPINION, NOT FACT): It was just used a long time ago to keep people "happy", to give them a "goal". And happy people pay not to burn in hell.

There have been a lot of wars thanks to religion and money. I have yet to see a war that had "Athiesm" as a cause.

I am an Athiest because I only believe facts that can be proven (e.g. by science, skulls they found etc). It just makes a lot more sense to me, because I have never SEEN or HEARD God. Ever.

Also, I'm not a hard-core athiest that believes in the theory of evolution 100%. It just seems more likely to then any other religion.

Also note several things about the evolution theory and the big bang theory are confirmed to be true. This doesn't say the full evolution and big bang theory are 100% correct.

Nothing is confirmed, as far as I know, about the existence of god or the devil. How come...

We have a really nice debate here. So, let me start by saying that I was born Christian but around the year 2006 I started asking myself questions about who I am, where I am, what am I doing here, etc. The trigger that made me search the Internet for answers was that thing with the year 2012 (yeah, it's non-sense). After that, my religion got fucked! Of course, I searched for answers but all I could find was that NewAge non-sense everywhere! One or two years later, I was actually believing in Mediums. I really thought there was something beyond, meta as they call it. Now I hardly believe one, because they are fake. There were some contests with rich people that would give 1 mil. $ if someone proved paranormal powers actually existed and stuff like that, but everybody failed. Rather than telling you how I got to modify my beliefs about everything, I will enlist them.

My religion is now Unknown. It's a mixture of other religions, with a couple of my own thinking and feelings. I believe that there is no God as you may know him from the Bible or whatever religious pyramidal book you may know. Rather than thinking that he will save you, you should accept the fact that (assuming there is something beyond this dimension) they don't really care about you. You are to them as ants to humans. You are on your OWN. I didn't say there is no God. There may be some kind of entity, group or consciousness and that, in my opinion is The Universe (self created, self observing, self destroying).

I also believe that there is a cycle in this large vast space (a balance). That means, for each action there is an opposite reaction -> Death (New life), Death of a star (birth of a new one), etc. No one knows what happens after you die. Probably you get reborn somewhere else, on a different planet, etc ... or you just fade away ( that would be stupid, although no one knows the rules of the Universe :/ ). There is a infinite number of possibilities.

Why are we here? I think that we are here to learn more about what who we are. Maybe this planet is the "noob land", starting place or something like that. Who am I? I only know that (physically) I'm a machine. I am the result of Evolution or .. Intervention (from other beings, probably). Imagine you being squished into a 1000 pieces. What remains of your conciousness, then? It's like destroying the HDD / CPU / RAM of a computer. It doesn't start anymore! But wait, what if we are like computers? Well, not exactly, but you get the point. Each human is unique and not all computers are unique. By the way, what's biological life anyway? Cells are similar to nanites. The world is made up of atoms. The computer CPU is made up of .. transistors. Either it's brain cells or transistors, it's the same thing. If you don't have a brain or some working 'organ' with a memory, you can't exist here. Well, we aren't here for long, so we'll find out soon ( when you die, that is ).So, why now? Time is irrelevant.

About aliens. I know they're out there! Image all those planets with life! Million years old civilizations! They are probably not even material since they've probably mastered time, space, and discovered how everything works! They're just hiding because we'd go INSANE if they show themselves or they have some master rules they won't step over.

Right now you don't even know what to believe because highly skilled and powerful people are controlling us as we speak! When the times comes, you will search for answers in your feelings rather than the Internet.

Well.. I can go on forever. Maybe some of you don't agree with what I said. That's alright .. The topic is interesting, maybe we can come up with common ideas and support each other!

PS: Forgot to say that Religion is the worst thing that happened to Humankind. Why? Well, I believe Jesus or Buddha (whatever they were named) tried to show people the right way. Instead, we transformed their teaching into some sort of fanaticism, uncontrolled, abused. Different religions emerged. Gentlemen, I present you the number one cause for most of the wars fought!

PS#2: If you want to quote the whole thing, please just say @Deluvas and don't make a Pyramid XD

Edited by Deluvas

During a biology lesson at my school, we talked about evolution. From evolution, we went to more religious lines, and from there my biology teacher said an interesting thing. He said he did not believe in God, or Buddha, or whatever, but in power. Raw energy, which exists in everything.It is quite difficult to explain, and if I were a bit more present, I maybe could've explain better.

Though I think more/some of you will perhaps convey more about it.

Dont quote this shit hot sentence.

This is MY view on religion.

Say there is this picture,

It is a picturesque photograph of a lake, rolling hills with a sunset, around autumn time.

There is 2 captions, 1 says "Athiests think this all happened by chance on day"

The other says "Christians know a magical wizard created it"

nabbed from something i stumbl'd a while ago

:D

Nice to see a religious person is open for change, Deluvas.

Because of your post, I must add: I do believe Jesus or any other prophet wandered this earth. I believe Jesus was either a really special person (no Godly powers, just really smart) or a good actor.

Not saying athiests can't be stupid and aggressive towards religious people, they're just as stupid.

The theory of evolution isn't made for money. Athiests DON'T have churches or stuff like that, so it's not about the money. The Theory of Evolution has been around for a long time. It became better known in 1859, thanks to Darwin and "The Origin of Species".

My opinion about the bible and religion in general (OPINION, NOT FACT): It was just used a long time ago to keep people "happy", to give them a "goal". And happy people pay not to burn in hell.

There have been a lot of wars thanks to religion and money. I have yet to see a war that had "Athiesm" as a cause.

I am an Athiest because I only believe facts that can be proven (e.g. by science, skulls they found etc). It just makes a lot more sense to me, because I have never SEEN or HEARD God. Ever.

Also, I'm not a hard-core athiest that believes in the theory of evolution 100%. It just seems more likely to then any other religion.

So if the religion accepects donations and stuff it is made for money?

Also, atheism is not beliving in evolution theory. I never said atheism was made for money, I was talking about et. And neither do I belive et was made for money, because as I already have stated, everyone doesn't put money as the top priority.

And at the start, did Jesus go around and make people pay to belive him? I don't think he did.

Once again, I do not belive everything bible says, and I do not belive in hell (mainly because I find the idea stupid and haven't read any part in bible that talks about hell).

There has been wars because of religion, yes. And I would say atheism fits to the religion category just as well, just because you have one less reason to kill doesn't mean you are people of peace.

I also like facts to be proven. And neither have I seen or heard god. Yet, I just find it more simple to say "God did it." more than "Actually Charles Darwin says that big bang is caused by this and that, yet we still get to the same question "where did THAT come from?""

Plus, why does 100% hardcore atheist belive in evolution? two different things.

So if the religion accepects donations and stuff it is made for money?

Most churches got lots of money. Money they spent on jewelry and other "nice" things which are expensive and unneeded for the religion.

Also, atheism is not beliving in evolution theory.

Atheism is not believing in god. Which results in a non-religious living.

Plus, why does 100% hardcore atheist belive in evolution? two different things.

First learn what atheism is.

Pretty sure you got me wrong there.

I meant that beliving in evolution theory and atheism are two different things.

Oh and, just so you all know, I wasn't born christian.

I have officially been christian for just about half a year now (after confirmation camp).

Even when I started beliving in this stuff few years ago, you could say I was atheist before.

Oh and, just so you all know, I wasn't born christian.

I have officially been christian for just about half a year now (after confirmation camp).

Even when I started beliving in this stuff few years ago, you could say I was atheist before.

Out of curiosity, how did you end up in "confirmation camp" (I take it it's a Christian thing) when you're an atheist?

Uhm? I'm an atheist, and I think the evolution theory is true since it's almost fully proven to be right. Only the missing links and missing and how it started (the big bang theory) is still unsure.

So I don't believe in the evolution theory. But I think that's right, and it is right since it's scientifically proven.

Ywa boeh, did you even read what I wrote there?

Just because I am christian doesn't mean I blindly follow the bible.

I partially belive in evolution. Some stuff in it are pretty obvious, yet some of it is just biggest bullcrap I've ever heard.

You. Aren't. Supposed. To. Read. Bible. Just. Like. It. Says.

It's requires thinking. Creating the world in seven days might as well relate to millions of years of evolution.