Mr. Green Gaming

Religion and Paranormal activity

Danni

Do you believe in a God?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in a God?

• Yes
    • No

Please do NOT spam, if you spam you will get a 80% warning.

So since we all wonder how it all started and if religion in really true or if it's bullshit.

We were some guys who had a really interesting descussion on IRC and decided to bring it to the forum, so all of us could voice our opinion about some matters that effect the begining of life and Human life.

---

I'm an atheist, which means I dont belive in 'a God'. The reason why I dont belive in a god is because I just cant see sense in doing so, also I find religion strange, it cant argue, if you ask some christian guy why that and this happened s/he would often asnwer "cause the bible says so" but without having any substance. If god was real why haven't he saved all the humans who died in diasters? - Tell me that!

I belive in 'life out there'. You just cant come and tell me that we're the only spicie in the universe.

Let's hope we can get a real descussion going :)

Edited by Danni
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an Atheist, mostly because I don't want to believe in anything that hasn't got any hard scientific proof, and the only proof we have of Christianity for example, is a book full of stories.

I also believe in 'paranormal' activity. Not so much as in ghosts and evil spirits etc, or aliens from other planets coming to take over the world. More so life on other planets in the form of small bacterium or foreign plantlife.

What I wonder is how the hell can God think when he has no brain cells? no electric pulses, no force, nothing? It's actually quite simple.

He doesnt exist :o

But seriously, I belive universe is infinate. We're never going to find out how big the universe is, because it isnt limited. There is no walls in the universe. No end. I might belive that several sextillion (its a word, look it up) light years away there is no more planets, because nothing has ever gone that far. About the beginning of life, I belive that there has been alot of big bangs, but not one that created the whole universe. Universe has always existed, for eternity. And there has always been mass. It has been proven that all that is needed for a so called 'big bang' is great speed + mass, so I belive it still happens all the time out there. We can even make them here on earth.

How life got to earth? also been proven. Ice blocks crashed into earth, and from there on earth slowly got to the right temperature for life to develop.

Living creatures in space? Of course!

Not all the ice in the entire universe landed on earth -.-'

Sorry if I offended any religious people btw...

Being an Atheist means that you dont belive in yourself at all that you exist.

Im an orthodox but i also have some dubts about church going there and pray and also abstain from eating some food just because it's the "post" week or so... Im a bit philosopher saying that this world coudnt start from 0 and God gave this world a sense.

I am atheist because my parents are atheists too but sometimes I think there is some god, or just even a paradise, when we die.

For the universe, I just agree with the science thing, saying it's big bang and stuff, for the humans it's the evolution, then I don't know, maybe there is a God behind that, who knows...

Edited by Chikennugget1

I hate to argue, but that's not what an Athiest is.

It's "One who disbelieves or denies the existance of God, or gods."

Who created you ?

I believe humans came into being through evolution.

Who created you ?

Evolution of what ? Once upon a time a man and a woman appeared and they had sex?

I think I can be considered an athiest. So I pretty much believe in evolution too.

Who created you ?

Evolution of what ? Once upon a time a man and a woman appeared and they had sex?

You don't understand evolution at all, do you?

Evolution is based on a series of things that happened. It starts with simple one-cell organisms. The climate and environment on earth kept changing, and (because of that) over millions of years those one-cell organisms evolved, to what we are today.

This is really just the basics in a really small nutshell. I'm sure there's atleast one person on L4G that can explain it better and with more detail. I think most of the L4G members are athiests, but I might be wrong.

I also dont believe believe in God, but Im not saying the bible is all wrong. I of course believe in the evolution theory(humans come from apes) which has been proven.

I dont believe the thing that God created world in seven days, but I do believe a bit to Noah's Ark thing and those.

And I read a lot of sciense magazine(A bit like NG) and when your saying that the universe is unlimited, I dont quite agree with you.

If I recall this right, there was three theories about the universe(s). One, that I mostly believe/would want to believe, is that the universe isnt unlimited, but there is many of them. The simple picture is like a qube. The qube is made of tiny tiny balls, and every ball is a universe.

And I believe that this universe started with the big bang, and just accidentally, even when the odds were 1/1 000 000 000 000, it created Earth the perfect enviroment to have life on(of course the enviroment took time to development). And I belive too, that there is many, many more sophisticated life forms out there than just us.

And the idea of going to Heaven when you die is nice, but I rather believe in re-borning, that you just simply born to some other human. I might have been the Emperor of China, who knows.

Edited by Nobana

Oh jesus with you atheists.

I belive in God and Jesus, plus science. Why?

God is simple explanation for everything and it doesn't fuck with my brain.

Jesus is just badass. More badass than Chuck Norris.

Science is fun. Knowing little facts about life is fun.

Also, I have never, EVER heard anyone say "because bible says so".

I don't belive everything bible says, it's much like Donald Duck comics, stories about cool stuff that happened, but not necessarily real.

Why hasn't god came and save us? Why the fuck should he? If I would have created the universe and see my creations fight with their creations, I would call my friends to watch it with me and get some snacks.

Besides, one of the most popular things bible says is "God gave man free will", why would he take it away?

Oh and, please tell me where it says in bible we are the only creatures in the universe.

I too do belive in life in outer space.

bOdpzrMfcg6yg1pt0Ns9PfnLo1_500.jpg

EDIT: Nobana, what kind of sick man would send babies to fight? would straigtly belive god created world in seven days? I take it that the seven days is the time of earth's evolution, but because God is supercool, it was just seven day's work for him. Now he is lolling at our silly oilwars while eating popcorn.

EDIT2: Oh cool, it seems I am the only christian around here. So THATS the real reason I'm creative. Thanks Jesus, many thanks.

Edited by EmRA

Who created you ?

Mono-cell appeared, mono cell evolved to unijambist lizard, unijambist lizard evolved to dino.Dino evolve to sandwich something and something to another something then humans.

Story of humanity in 2 lines.

Who created you ?

Mono-cell appeared, mono cell evolved to unijambist lizard, unijambist lizard evolved to dino.Dino evolve to sandwich something and something to another something then humans.

Still who crated those mono-cell and who gave the sense of this world ? As i say this world could start with a total other sense of living.

Please, stop quotation pyramids.

Still who crated those mono-cell and who gave the sense of this world ? As i say this world could start with a total other sense of living.

Mono-cells just started developing, no one created them.

Mono-cell appeared, mono cell evolved to unijambist lizard, unijambist lizard evolved to dino.Dino evolve to sandwich birds and mammals and then slowly, humans started evolving from apes.

Partly fix'd.

Edited by Nobana

Who created you ?

Look up the Theory of Evolution. It's far more detailed that what you're suggesting.

Remember this is what I believe, I'm not saying what you believe is wrong, but I'm showing you my point of view.

Who created you ?

Look up the Theory of Evolution. It's far more detailed that what you're suggesting.

Remember this is what I believe, I'm not saying what you believe is wrong, but I'm showing you my point of view.

I dont have to read a fucking book which probably was out on the market just for money all i want to know from your point of view is from where do you star when you say evolution.

Edited by NPhect

Who created you ?

I dont have to read a fucking book which probably was out on the market just for money all i want to know from your point of view , from where do you start?

It's not a book, it's a theory that can be found on the internet in short or long versions.

I'd like to ask you: What do YOU believe in? If you believe in God it's pretty weird to say "a fucking book which probably was out on the market just for money", because I believe that the bible was made just for money, and to get more followers and therefore money.

Note that I DO respect all believes, as long as it doesn't get rubbed in my face/the person that believes starts getting all aggresive towards Athiesm.

Where do you star when you say evolution.

I dont know if I got the question but here we go...

The whole mankind and every species that the earth has ever carried/will carrie on it, has started from a single, tiny, microscopic mono-cell, or even from something more primitive.

Then, in millions, or in billions of years, it started forming and duplicating. It started growing in different ways/species. It slowly(and I mean slowly) started to move from the water(oceans) to land, and started growing feets and arms and so on.

The rest you know(dino's, mammals, humans)?