Mr. Green Gaming

Religion and Paranormal activity

Danni

Do you believe in a God?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in a God?

• Yes
    • No

I don't believe in God, though I have to admit I have prayed a couple of times in my life, when I had an exam or something, and then I passed. :V But that was probably cause I studied.

Makes me think of when I was younger, I got Pokémon Trading Card Game for GBC. There was a lot of coin-tossing involved. On some occassions, when winning or losing depended on 1 coin, I prayed to God. You won't believe it, but it worked every single time. Now I don't dare do it anymore, because I'm afraid it might fail now, and then the magic disappears.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pretty pointless thread,

just because everything/ everyone wants to believe in something it doesnt mean that religions/gods/cults that other people are believing in are necesarely bad or false.

You just have to respect other peoples culteres or else you are taking away freedom and so democracy.

Iam not saying that all the people that posted in this topic are doing this.

If it comes to me I'm more of a Humanist than an Athiest.

I do believe in the evolution theorie and I'm still hoping for aliens :P

This is a pretty pointless thread,

just because everything/ everyone wants to believe in something it doesnt mean that religions/gods/cults that other people are believing in are necesarely bad or false.

You just have to respect other peoples culteres or else you are taking away freedom and so democracy.

Iam not saying that all the people that posted in this topic are doing this.

If it comes to me I'm more of a Humanist than an Athiest.

I do believe in the evolution theorie and I'm still hoping for aliens :P

This topic was created to see how many people are Christian/religious in general and how many are Atheist. A discussion like this just couldn't be avoided.

Anyway, still waiting for EmRA's response. I am anxious to see some proof of God's existance.

"BILLIONS OF YEARS + NATURAL SELECTION = IMPOSSIBLE! SIX DAYS + MAGIC BEARD MAN = YES!"

Do I absolutely have to explain this in every post I make in this topic?

Bible

Isn't

Meant

To

Be

Read

Literally

As in, if it says 6 days in the bible, it doesn't mean that it actually went like that.

You have to be mentally distracted to think there was man and female out of nowhere in a paradise but then ate apples that snake gave them and got banished.

Also, it doesn't say in bible that god is bearded man, that is a picture created by human mind.

Mayco, we got the bible, big amount of people who belive in it.

No, we ain't got anything science magazines approve.

About big bang, how does huge explosion out of nowhere expand universe?

As far as I know, explosions don't come from nowhere, and they destroy stuff.

As in, if it says 6 days in the bible, it doesn't mean that it actually went like that.

You have to be mentally distracted to think there was man and female out of nowhere in a paradise but then ate apples that snake gave them and got banished.

Why doesn't it mean that it ment like that? It says it clearly that it went like that, and the church and school teach it like that too. I like to believe it happened exactly like the bible says. And I believe in big bang theories too.

I thought the year 0 was so different then 2k9.

The paradise thing didn't happen in year 0. It happened long, long time before that, year 0 basicly means the year when Jesus was born. Except Jesus was born XX amount of years B.C, because he wasn't thought as the Christ/God's son right after he was born.

Who ever wrot the bible was a damn good story writer.

Christianity- lets face it- was a way to gain power and land in the middle ages. People were raping and killing left, right and centre... Someone had to stop the madness.

Thats how christianity came about, there is nothing more that scares humans than a fear of death and the unknown. The bible answered that question: You go to heaven IF you abide by OUR rules, you get tortured if you DON'T.

To me the bible is so damn obviously not written by god.

Can nobody else see that?

Why doesn't it mean that it ment like that? It says it clearly that it went like that, and the church and school teach it like that too. I like to believe it happened exactly like the bible says. And I believe in big bang theories too.

Because "Ei vara venettä kaada" doesn't mean what it says literally.

You know what I mean.

Christianity- lets face it- was a way to gain power and land in the middle ages. People were raping and killing left, right and centre... Someone had to stop the madness.

Thats how christianity came about, there is nothing more that scares humans than a fear of death and the unknown. The bible answered that question: You go to heaven IF you abide by OUR rules, you get tortured if you DON'T.

Bible wasn't written in the middle age you dumbshit.

Also, you don't go to heaven if you are sinless, because everyone does sins.

Thats why Jesus died for our sins and became awesome, now we just need to regret our sins.

Edited by EmRA

Can nobody else see that?

i agree :)

"BILLIONS OF YEARS + NATURAL SELECTION = IMPOSSIBLE! SIX DAYS + MAGIC BEARD MAN = YES!"

Do I absolutely have to explain this in every post I make in this topic?

Bible

Isn't

Meant

To

Be

Read

Literally

Also, it doesn't say in bible that god is bearded man, that is a picture created by human mind.

Mayco, we got the bible, big amount of people who belive in it.

No, we ain't got anything science magazines approve.

About big bang, how does huge explosion out of nowhere expand universe?

As far as I know, explosions don't come from nowhere, and they destroy stuff.

>As in, if it says 6 days in the bible, it doesn't mean that it actually went like that.

"BILLIONS OF YEARS + NATURAL SELECTION = IMPOSSIBLE! UNKNOWN AMMOUNT OF DAYS + MAGIC BEARD MAN = YES!"

>Also, it doesn't say in bible that god is bearded man, that is a picture created by human mind.

"BILLIONS OF YEARS + NATURAL SELECTION = IMPOSSIBLE! UNKNOWN AMMOUNT OF DAYS + MAGIC MAN = YES!"

About the Big Bang stuff; Imagine a shitload of energy (so much energy, if the whole universe entered it, it would disappear), all clogged up in one little spot. Then some tiny tiny part of that gianormous energy ammount got corrupted, which resulted in a expolicious explosion, AKA, Big Bang. When all that energy got separated, slowly matter started to form.

The universe itself is enough evidence to proove that something like Big Bang actually happened!

You really, really have no idea how the Bible was created, do you? I see no point in anything you just said.

No one has ever said that the bible was created by God. Dude, really, just for example, read the article about Bible from Wikipedia.