30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in a God?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some things in the Bible or other similar books make perfect sense but others are non-sense and can be interpreted in a lot of ways. I didn't say it's right or wrong. I only pointed out to 'God'. I think you misunderstood me.

Edited by Deluvas

So, here are the three main theories about how the universe was born. I roughly translated the main text into English with Google.

Theory 1 - Big bang and inflation

The universe was born in the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago.

Before that there was nothing: no time, space and matter. The Big Bang expanded to become a space all at once, from vanishingly small to enormou. This, sudden bulging, is called inflation. There born the matter. The universe continues to expand further.

2dvjy2u.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Theory 2 - Cyclic Universe

Universe-called three-dimensional space-time is part of a large 11-dimensional space-time.

Large time-space, two 4-dimensional surface. The first surface is known universe, and the second is a parallel universe invisible to humans. The Big Bang was a collision of surfaces, which repeats once in a trillion years.

whxkbd.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Theory 3 - Endless Inflation

Known universe is just bubble in the endless chain of universes. New universes born all the time, and each one is different and develops its own way. Only a small minority of the Universe has such laws of physics that allow life. Our universe got just by chance right features to have life on it.

2reoacn.jpg

I really don't belive that "GOD" created the earth and i don't belive that he exists maybe he some kind of goblin that lives down stairs in your heads, i really don't belive in anything in case i see it myself :) but the big bang theory seem to be the most logical

here is my opinion:

There is a god. Who or what he/it is, well, who knows? But i think i have a good guess.

I believe that it didnt create us in its image (Most religions challenged allready). Does a slug look to its 'god' and see it as a slug? Maybe, but that doesn't mean it is correct.

It created other animals too. It seems we arn't it's only invention. Other animals are evoling slowly and all have a purpose. I'm sure that God understands humans and our potentially destructive intellect. So it created various backup plans. For example, the Coc-roach. Its immune to radiation, and only a few hundred million years behind humans in evolution (a hundred million years is a relativly short period of time in volutionary terms)

Our creator gave us chance to evolve. (See theory of evolution). It designed the very first elements and fundaments of life. Then it commited the ultimate act of passion: let us grow by our own will. It lets us fight in wars against ourselves and die from disease because it wants us to create our own fate. Decide where we go and what we do. Learn from our mistakes. And he knows of our violent nature.

The word of man, (The bible) For me is deffinatly incorrect. What sort of god would state: 'Do not worship any false idols?' surely, if said god was the creator, it would not need to be prayed to or recognised. That would be petty and irrelevant. Some churches also ask for lots of money and time commitment. Bono (Lead singer from U2) Once said in the song 'Bullet the blue sky' (Rattle and Hum album version)

"The god in believe in ain't short of cash, Mister". He has a point.

But what is this god? I don't think anyone can even begin to comprehend what it actually is. But who or what created it? where the hell did it come from? These questions I don't think we are supposed to know the answer to.

Some things are best left unknown.

But its an idea.

It just keeps getting harder for me to understand religious people. While reading the paper today I passed the section where people put something to mourn the recently diseased (not sure how it's called in English) and one of the texts contained:

"... she was taken at the time the Lord though was appropiate. It was the Lords will..."

As you probably already noticed, this is just an excuse to make themselves feel better. That's what religion is in my opinion, fooling yourself into thinking there's a God and what not, just so you have an explanation for all the horrible and difficult things that happen to you or to people near near you.

Also, the girl mentioned in the text died at age 4. Some goddamn nice "will" that God of yours has.

Agreed. I think people see these organized gods as something to lean on in hard times. A reason to blame people for your mysery, or to fight with when you are angry.

Like Neil Armstrong, after he went to the moon and saw earth hanging in the vast empty nothingness, he became very christian. I think it dawned on him that life is... frankly stupid. Millions, nay, billions of years lay in that space that wasn't even as big as his hand from where he was.

Mayco is right in not believing in god, as i don't either.

I believe in a creator. When i used 'god' in my last example, it was make it more understandable.

This is all down to opinion, but its good to see and hear other peoples views.

My opinion

religion are the creation of man, to comfort them ( i have a father watching me) , to talk,to confess, to keep humans in the right line with a lot of rules. Some people believe in god and things like heaven cause they are terribly afraid by death. Well in their rules killing is the badiest things men can do and they will go to hell if they did but ho shit , how many man have died for a stupid religion thing.

and about the bad things, the dark ideas some people choose the easy way to explain where thoses ideas came from : it's the devil, it's sheitan. Those guys have to realise that those ideas came from their minds

Edited by Ni pah

My opinion

religion are the creation of man, to comfort them ( i have a father watching me) , to talk,to confess, to keep humans in the right line with a lot of rules. Some people believe in god and things like heaven cause they are terribly afraid by death. Well in their rules killing is the badiest things men can do and they will go to hell if they did but ho shit , how many man have died for a stupid religion thing.

This is right on the point . Organised religion is word of man: not of god.

My opinion

and about the bad things, the dark ideas some people choose the easy way to explain where thoses ideas came from : it's the devil, it's sheitan. Those guys have to realise that those ideas came from their minds

Isn't it that for alle people? believers and non-believers...

So, do you believe in god, cant read it in your statement XD

I am a Christian therefore I believe in GOD, and I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins of all man. I do not attend church, although I should. I just never liked going because their are a lot of fake people there.

I was raised a Christian, but it wasn't a very religious household. By the age of 12 I was dabbling in Witchcraft, I thought that Satan could give me unlimited power to do anything. At the age of 18 I didn't believe in a damn thing, but women, and drinking. I got married at 19 and kept drinking and doing drugs. Eventually all that settled down as soon as I took my self away from the wrong people. I began reading the Bible and various other books on Religion, and I just came to feel and know that their is a creator.

I am not sure how old the majority of you are, but I believe most of you who say you are atheists will probably change your mind in the future. The sooner the better because looking forward to nothingness is just sad.

"

I am not sure how old the majority of you are, but I believe most of you who say you are atheists will probably change your mind in the future. The sooner the better because looking forward to nothingness is just sad."

well that's your opinion, keep it. I'm just happy in my condition, i believe in nothing except life, life is priceless. i respect religious people. Sometimes when i see some very deep believers , i feel lucid...

I have passed one week with a friend in a ski camp with "extrem" catholic and i was surprised by how close-minded they are, a lot of them believe in god cause they are afraid of god and the others because they born in a hard believer family so that explain the thing. I read some of the rules,everything who can give you some mind liberty is prohibited... I talked with the priest of the camp, he was not open-minded, his ideas was very conformist...

Edited by Ni pah

I am a Christian therefore I believe in GOD, and I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins of all man. I do not attend church, although I should. I just never liked going because their are a lot of fake people there.

I was raised a Christian, but it wasn't a very religious household. By the age of 12 I was dabbling in Witchcraft, I thought that Satan could give me unlimited power to do anything. At the age of 18 I didn't believe in a damn thing, but women, and drinking. I got married at 19 and kept drinking and doing drugs. Eventually all that settled down as soon as I took my self away from the wrong people. I began reading the Bible and various other books on Religion, and I just came to feel and know that their is a creator.

I am not sure how old the majority of you are, but I believe most of you who say you are atheists will probably change your mind in the future. The sooner the better because looking forward to nothingness is just sad.

This is a perfect example of religion just being something to comfort someone. You read the bible, and because of that you got a better life. Maybe you think it happened thanks to God, but it didn't: It was all you.

If I truely believed in say, a magic fork, and I would be so dedicated to believing it really works, it would work. Might sound a bit confusing (probably because I can't find the proper words for it in English) but it's the same. People like you that have had a rough life often "get saved by religion", but this is only because you have a "goal" in life, and because believe you found the true meaning of life, which you didn't have when you were still living your rough life. So religion is a point to hold on to, to set a goal and a meaning in life for yourself, but this can all be done without going to church and giving money. After all; it's all because of your own strength and will, not thanks to God.

Doesn't mean I don't respect your choice, I do respect your personal strength and will to better your life, it's impressive.

Also, I won't "revert" to Christianity or any religion in the future. When I grow up I'll still have the same (really sceptic) attitude: I won't believe it, until I see it.

I don't believe in God, though I have to admit I have prayed a couple of times in my life, when I had an exam or something, and then I passed. :V But that was probably cause I studied.

I don't believe there is a 'higher force', though I'd love to believe it, but I simpley can't. I went to catholic schools and stuff, but due to my parents, who also don't believe in God and never go to church except for funerals and when I did my communion or was baptised.

Religions only have caused war so far. They all do it 'in the name of God' so they won't have to take the blame. But it was all for their own power (look at the power popes and church had in the medieval centuries).

I don't believe in a God that created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th day, with 2 people that lived in that paradise, running around naked, but then got kicked out because they ate an apple cause the snake told them to eat it. Then they had sex and all humans come from them? Lol, what a massive incest story that would be.

I also rather want to believe that Jesus existed, and that he was a man with royal blood, and that Mary Magdalene was his wife/girlfriend, than having to believe Jesus is the son of God, and was given birth by the virgin Mary. You can't get pregnant on your own, without male seed. You should look up the history of the Templar Knights.

The only thing I find good at religions is that they all (wel, except for Scientology and other cults) hope for a better world with peace and where every human is treated equally. It's not 'God's task to do that, but it's our task. But there will always be greedy people that only think for themselves and abuse other peoples to get rich.

I am a Christian therefore I believe in GOD

You sir are awesome, welcome to the club!

Oh, and if I may ask you atheist boys, what kind of proof is there on big bang? Other than those bedtime stories?

Something to lighten the spirit around here a bit:

There is evidence, thought it's a lot of things, plus it's difficult to explain. Why don't you read it yourself. There is a LOT of evidence on the theory of evolution, but I assume I don't have to give examples, considering you already know that.

Question for you: What kind of proof is there on the existance of God? Other than a big book of fairytales?