Mr. Green Gaming

[ZS] Disadvantages and suggestions...

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think there are too many statistics and damage numbers being thrown around. Zombie Survival isn't supposed to be a role playing game.

I agree, in the good old times there wasn't any matter of damage rate, that was easier.

Lol. You just agree on all arguments about the old ZS. I won't come back so, please, shut up about it.

Yep i hate the mines to. Very annoying indeed. I like the new zs more than the old when it is balanced. I like THE classes, they give you à choice of what you want. I think it isnt THE game that is bad, but THE people that ruin THE game. :D change is inevitable to be able to get new people on THE server.

Just compare ZS with CoD:MW2 (weird isnt it?)

ALL that "RPing" really useful BUT it WONT give you any significant changes...

As in CoD there also is some sort of lvl up but it still wont improve your gameplay, you can just become master of M4A1.. and thats all... they made improvement becuz ppl are TIRED of constant action games

So what common gamer will think? "OMG i shud lvl up cuz i luv C4" or some sort of that...

Teamwork. This word is more powerful than all upgrades in total. (I hope you got the point, kepp upgrades and lvl up system)

Please don't remove commando. I have been playing alot to get to lvl 3 and am still busy getting to lvl 4.

things that dont work and are annoying and the advice in changing it :D :

1. Engineer: mines should damage the engineer that lays them.

2. commando: no increased clip size and the health isnt increased. aura and weapon do work luckily :D

3. Berserkers are a real pain in the ass [i heard you are removing them, so thats the solution :D]

4. some maps should be altered to prevent camping or add more green smoke

5. more admins online

6. Engineers: make it that turrets cant be placed in x metres of spawn

7. supply crates sometimes downgrade your weapon [ galil to smg]

8. Commando: shotty sucks if you are busy levelling to lvl 3 or 4

9. fix the medic class [ i dont know if still isnt working]

10. re-add sniper rifles for support and killing, but handicap the guns.

11. supply crates dont drop on some occasions

p.s: i know you are having problems, but this is just to help you. This is my view only and i dont know if others think the same.

I agree with Damien, but I have a huge issue, the new maps are boring and short humans win all the time, I know your trying to make it more balanced but the maps aren't the old ones were fun for all and were more balanced as we have played them for years I think they should be brought back.

Oh and delv you can send me the scripts anytime I might be able to help as i know some C++ and lau.

I think there are too many statistics and damage numbers being thrown around. Zombie Survival isn't supposed to be a role playing game.

I agree, in the good old times there wasn't any matter of damage rate, that was easier.

Lol. You just agree on all arguments about the old ZS. I won't come back so, please, shut up about it.

Nah!I'll always try to put old Zs somewhere because Old zs>New zs ;D

Some maps are a little weak, but i think thats cause they were built for the older version of ZS. I'm looking forward to people making some more maps. (looking at a few forum threads- some look really promising).

Lets face it, the class system wasn't a bad idea. The customization thing is awesome- but i think it has become a little to intrecate. what with all the 1% here and +10% there, it all seems a little odd. i mean, its not like it makes much of a difference, but i have found myself and other players trying to grind and do whats necessary to have that tiny bit extra % of melee damage or what have you.

I think the only other minor niggle im having with ZS at the moment (Apart from which i absolutely love it) is the fact that the zombies seem quite under powered. Granted, the crit prop kill thing balanced it more, but there are numerous time where i see about 5 humans sitting at the spawn and just obsolutely anhilating the zombies.

If anything, the zombies should be the over powered ones. The humans should have to run in fear, not just crouch and aim for the head, or swing their crowbar. That said, making the zombies to over powered will just mess it up. It's gonna take some desiging and careful thought to get it right. And i think we have just the right guy for the job (--->Deluvas<---)

I agree, zombies need to be slightly more powerful to counteract the spawn killers. I'm having to slay a good few people a game just for them to get the message.

Also, the main maps picked.

Ravenholm

Subway Cargo

Deadhouse.

There are more I can't think of at this moment, but the one thing these all have in common is they have perfect spawn camping spots, and pretty much guarantee a human win. The map cycle needs more variety.

Maybe Ravenholm is not that bad... but i am sick of that map, even though there is no perfect spawncamping zones (except berserkers issue) so zombz and humans get equal chances to win. So that map is not tha bad at all (but as i said, i am sick of it, there should be some day when there are only ALL maps except noob-popular ones, if amount of ppl will decrease that will mean that those maps do suck, so when the crowd will find the favourite map among they played, they would start to play on that map)

Some maps are a little weak, but i think thats cause they were built for the older version of ZS. I'm looking forward to people making some more maps. (looking at a few forum threads- some look really promising).

Lets face it, the class system wasn't a bad idea. The customization thing is awesome- but i think it has become a little to intrecate. what with all the 1% here and +10% there, it all seems a little odd. i mean, its not like it makes much of a difference, but i have found myself and other players trying to grind and do whats necessary to have that tiny bit extra % of melee damage or what have you.

I think the only other minor niggle im having with ZS at the moment (Apart from which i absolutely love it) is the fact that the zombies seem quite under powered. Granted, the crit prop kill thing balanced it more, but there are numerous time where i see about 5 humans sitting at the spawn and just obsolutely anhilating the zombies.

If anything, the zombies should be the over powered ones. The humans should have to run in fear, not just crouch and aim for the head, or swing their crowbar. That said, making the zombies to over powered will just mess it up. It's gonna take some desiging and careful thought to get it right. And i think we have just the right guy for the job (--->Deluvas<---)

I agree with the zombie thing.Poison Zombie looks really weak, I have the impression it's a normal zombie which is slow and does more damages, but he is very weak (if you compare with the pre-update Poison Zomb).

Also, I give a +1 for what Hundred suggested about the mapcycle (having each time two choices but follow a linear pattern, of the mapcycle).

And Ywa, I've suggested a bunch of old school maps to Deluvas before he released the latest maps, but it didn't work.These were a few Oldies which, I think, can fit with the current update (zs_thecity;zs_placid...).

:V

Edited by Chikennugget1

I came up with support improving idea...

As NECROSSINs wiki says Commandos is main attacking class, and Support is main defending class

While Commandos have Aura Damage perk, that allows you and you closed-by teammates inflict increased damage to the zombz

Then why not gaining Support an Aura Resistance damage that allows you and your closed-by teammates to get less damage from zombz? Really good idead i think, especially usefull while at hard difficulty, of course it wont decrease much damage inflicted, like Commandos 0 lvl-5%; 1 lvl-10%, and so on...

Another idea may have been discussed before, is adding ammo packs for support class, i mean like medics can heal their mates, support can provide his mates with ammo... As in-game you can hardly find 1 Support player, i think it can increase demand on that type of skill

Also, why all classes, except Commandos have 4 perks, while Commandos have only 3?

So will ammo regen problem will be sorted out? (I mean it depends on the weapon you carry... Like 57 pistol needs extremely high amount of bullets, while magnum ammu hardly can get empty)

Compared HL2 shotty and CSS shotty... you can hardly find a player that will be satisfied with CSS shotty

Why? 1)HL2 have increased running speed, with CSS shotty you move much slower

2)Of course HL2 shotty is much more powerful than CSS

Suggestions:

1) Adding 1 more CSS shotty, so there will be 3 shotguns

2) Balancing them in that kind of manner: HL2 shotty: Highest damage, lowest ruinning speed, average rate of fire, average firing speed

CSS shotty (rapid fire shotty): Lowest damage, highest running speed, lowest rate of fire, higest firing speed

CSS shotty (pump shotgun): Average damage, average running speed, highest rate of fire, lowest tunning speed + bonus while zombie get hit he will get trhown back (some sort of Physics, i dont know how to translate it, maybe Impulse saving law?), like Rifles in L4D2 eh? AK-47, SFCR-LW (yes, it is not called Desert rifle), and M4A1.

3) Adding a tranqulizer pistol to medics (or chance to spawn with it) it can decrease zombies running speed but will inflict TINY damage (2 points i think), so it will help others to shoot some specific kind of zombz, like fasties (Teamplay... dont think game will get disbalanced, Noob 1 get killed, noob 1 is a zombie, most of people dont even use those things, but it really make the game much interesting to regulars)

4) Finally stupid suggestion... Why commandos wont spawn with Dual Berretas? This weapon will confirm the name of commando, and every player will think "Yepp, Its me, a commando"

Nooooooo not the M3 Super.

It still gives me nightmares D:

1) Ok.

2) Makes no sense that Auto shotgun has lowest fire rate but highest firing speed. isnt that a paradox?

3) Sounds interesting, but it should have limited ammo (10 shots maybe).

4) naw, in REAL LIFEZ dual wielding/Desert eagle gets you killed.