Mr. Green Gaming

[ZS] Disadvantages and suggestions...

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God, that random zombie spawn system is the most awful thing that happend to the ZS... I got killed by zombie from behind a lot of times where impossible to get if zombies will spawn in one place... Please, do something about it! As i said before maybe make 2-4 zombie spawns with green smoke on each map? That will prefer spawncamping and not awful as that random zombie spawn system.

agree its awful a zombie spawned behind a prop i was hiding on the other side.

Edited by Sneed

The dubbed dynamic spawn really fucks up the survivors. Which is good in a way- it opens up parts of the game where nothing is happening because the humans are dug in like minasota ticks.

However, as Sneed sort of mentioned, them spawning directly behind one player alone is a little unnecessary. maybe make the mechanic only to large groups of humans or something?

It is slightly unfair, but i suppose it definatly mixes stuff up.

God, that random zombie spawn system is the most awful thing that happend to the ZS... I got killed by zombie from behind a lot of times where impossible to get if zombies will spawn in one place... Please, do something about it! As i said before maybe make 2-4 zombie spawns with green smoke on each map? That will prefer spawncamping and not awful as that random zombie spawn system.

That sounds like a pretty aweful game mechanic. Back to the drawing board Deluvas!

That sounds like a pretty aweful game mechanic. Back to the drawing board Deluvas!

Never listen to one story. The mechanic is that it checks points and if the human can't see it. It's a possible spawnpoint. Works fine 99% of the time you spawn as zombie.

Giant amoun of issues on "difficult-tunnel" maps zombz can spawn in a place without any possibilty to move, so you find yourself locked up somewhere on the map, however !kill works...

And i find it really cool, of whorelers spawning near... As a good and skilled player i counted 2 prop deaths, and 40 scream kills of me... Cool eh?

But you forgot to mention, it fails to work if there are humans everywhere. Zombies spawn even in front of me. :o . In clav_wall they always spawn at the same place, under the breakable bridge. So massive spawncamping the zombies. :(

Yees..That's the problem of it :/

Edited by Deluvas

Bring back zombie spawn protection. If the zombie attacks someone , remove spawn protection.

Revise the howler.

Possible options:

Self Damage with each scream.

Lower Range

Lower Damage

Charge up screams : ( think of breathing in all that air )

Hold the button down longer for a more powerful scream. ( would slow you down )

A light scream would do light damage/lesser range/no self damage

A full scream would do normal damage/normal range/light self damage

Supply Crates need a major tweak:

Try giving weapons based on score so you can't get a shotgun with out trying

Make supply crates give a greater sense of relief by increasing the ammo regn timer.

That way ammo supply is also strained for campers.

Edited by The Captain

Bring back zombie spawn protection. If the zombie attacks someone , remove spawn protection.

Revise the howler.

Possible options:

Self Damage with each scream.

Lower Range

Lower Damage

Charge up screams :

Hold the button down longer for a more powerful scream. ( would slow you down )

A light scream would do light damage/lesser range/no self damage

A full scream would do normal damage/normal range/light self damage

I like the hold down for a powerfull more scream :P

I meant only checking for distance , and using a trace to check if the spawn point was in a visible area to the human.

So you wouldn't get spawn points blocked if the human was only in a room above the spawn point.

The algorithm is like this: Get a random spawnpoint. Check to see if the nearest human to the point is visible. If not then find players in a sphere (3 times). Check to see if the players found in sphere are visible. Increase sphere radius each time. If all of these results are positive (not visible), then the spot isn't visible by humans! The old algorithm (going through all humans and checking to see if they see the spot) was slower. However, the major problem in this appears when humans are scattered through-out the map and the map is either small, or there aren't sufficient points.

... What if there was some warning signals, like zombie aura in the place of where he is going to spawn? (Or algorythm detects free space instantly after death penalty time?)

1 more thing to ask: Why perks are removed?

It is pissing off... cause i have a feeling that theres no more point to play...

Or its some sort of pre-update, to fix skill perks of support medic etc?

Ah, i got it, normal zombz and fasties, i think, now inflict even more damage i got 20hp-23hp damage, while zerks,that dont have increased hp got even more, 1 more thingy...

Dynamic spawns are being abused and hard... some1 found that if he will instanly do !kill he can have a chance to spawn near humans (as a whoreler), so it was abused by all zombz, even on that high-towered map with many floors, so humans got eliminated in 1st 5 mins..

okay, so now im bumping this becuse i have a some complains about this update.

1. Why the fuck cant zombine crouch? Becuse on some maps like the map clavus made with the teleports every where. Well at human spawn, Zombine can spawn outside behind the wall and they most go up to the human spawn and climb up and shit it gets really annoying and sometime you can spawn on weird places getting stuck somewhere there you need to crouch jump. only solution is to kill yourself... annoying <-- fix this.

2. 6 humans online no zombie are chosen... wtf? <-- fix this.

3. remove mines nothing more to say about this they are greatly annoying.

4. remove the health from the crates its enough with the weapons they are giving we have medics and GC powerups.

5. when theres less then 10 people on the server. Zombies have no chance in winning a game... 1 zombie means 220 hp and that means he will get buttraped by these guys. Impossible to prop kill even becuse there is so little people and they camp on the roofs like ravenholm... 8 minutes left im all alone a crate spawns... they all get p90, ak47 you name it... <--- fix this

Edited by Sneed

Well theres already a thread created by NECROSSIN, zombines are not that bad, in some places there are even useless, that include in game some tactical element. Universal soldier is a whoreler, i redeem after 2-3 mins every time as i play it.

Sneed as i was saying, yore just another regular that complains about the gameplay...

NO noobs have health powerups, NO noob medic will heal you, think objectivly, and i am tired of that crap... HOW a NOOB can get AK-47? They are ALL already dead at that moment.

Formula is so simple 1vs1, human vs zombie (in some simple area wihout props) human will win, if not I AM SURE that no1 will play that kind of crap...

(as i meant b4, noobs will surely quit, then all regulars)

1 more problem, "New factor" of ZS playing is free killing...

If b4 update, ppl died in 1st minute on purpose to balance the teams, now they are doing that for GC harvesting, so plz stop whining that zombies are poor, i cannot even remember that last update for humans (except 1st april)

1 more thing why i liked previous update...

Cause every new zombie was harder to play than previous one, like in hands of noobs poison zombie is just-slow walking flesh gibs, but in hands of a pro it was unstoppable propkilling machine. Now poison zombie and whoreler were "noobified"

Edited by PEPPER

Formula is so simple 1vs1, human vs zombie (in some simple area wihout props) human will win, if not I AM SURE that no1 will play that kind of crap...

(as i meant b4, noobs will surely quit, then all regulars)

This is like saying that humans should run around and screw the idea of sticking together.

STICKING TOGETHER = SMART + IDEA OF ZS.

RUNNING AROUND ALONE AND THEN DIE TO ENDLESSLY WHINE = NOT SMART.

And if you cannot understand this simple logic (thus being a noob according to you) you are to stupid to play ZS anyway.

Its like L4D, If the humans dont stick together.

The Rambo Human gets his nipples torn off by a angry hunter.

So valve should nerf the hunter , It shouldnt win 1vs1 just becuz its not fun for noobs to get owned by a hunter?

Do i understand what your saying right now biggrin.gif?

+ ZS Isnt based around 1vs1 encounters like MADERN WARFEAR 2

Btw The zombie classes

Old

• Normal zombie: Good all round
  • Fast zombie: Roof campers nightmare/distraction/ slowly killing humans
  • Zombie torso : Lol nvm
  • Poison zombie: Meatshield / Defense breaker / Prop sniper
  • Headcrab : free Kill / Super KS mode (durr)
  • Fast headcrab : Ammo waster
  • Wraith: Annoying scream bitch
  • Chem zombie: FINISHER , Basically eats humans if cade has been broken / Last human finisher
  • Poison Headcrab : Anti Camper

New
  • Normal zombie: Still good.
  • Fast Zombie: Free kill with all the healing.
  • Zombie Torso : Gone (useless anyway, was kinda funny if you died from one tho XD)
  • Poison : Meh tastic mediocre propsniper
  • Headcrab : Free kill
  • Fast headcrab: Gone (I loved their deathsounds :( )
  • Wraith : The cheap hitter, always gets 1 hit and dies
  • Chem zombie: Poor useless sod , replaced by Zombine.
  • Poison headcrab : anti camper
  • Howler : Slowly killing enemy + Last human killer and If cade is broken = screwed (Poor chem zombie , Got replaced by a pair of boobs and a skirt)
  • Zombine : Chem zombie XXL

Edited by Hundred2

Its not L4D2, and i am not talking about myself...

And 4/5 times i can evade hunters...

Sticking together, is not always good tactic...

Of course you will always win, but dont you find that boring, dont you want to earn some GC?

Also i dont think that humans will stick together while only 2 zombies around,

Sticking together = camp (and you really want to see 20 humans moving together eh?), Dynamic spawn=Froce humans not to camp...