Mr. Green Gaming

Crits in Arena

Crits in Arena  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Turn them OFF

• Yes.
    • No.
    • No Opinion.

God not this again serious just play the game, remember: less QQ more pew pew. After 120Hours mr. pEW you've surely gotten some skills do dodge these crits or not? I sure know that I can dodge them if needed. You guys just don't want random crits because sometimes they get you by surprise but you're not going to tell me that a random crit never saved your life. And how come most of the better guys are QQ'ing about it, it's like you'll turn noobs again when rndm crit is enabled.

im sorry to say this but , sir i belive YOU and every main admin on this server is fucking retarded

I feel personally offended by that.

Out of all the time I played on Arena, I saw you only once. Don't meddle in things like these when it's none of your concern.

You do realize this is a TF2 admin you're talking to?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ugh. Here I go again:

* Crits are the lucky strikes for new players. They can have some fun too you know.

* The chance of random crits increase with killing sprees, so good players generally get more crits.

* The game is designed this way.

* We're not a tournament server.

Ugh. Here I go again:

* Crits are the lucky strikes for new players. They can have some fun too you know.

* The chance of random crits increase with killing sprees, so good players generally get more crits.

* The game is designed this way.

* We're not a tournament server.

Sure crits are good if you want to kill people who are clustered together. Like in Paylload or KoTH~

But Arena is different. No respawn makes random crits more frustrating from fun and is more likely to turn new people awa yif they join get critted and have to wait a good 3-5 minutes for the round to end.

Edit: Tournament servers have nothing to do with this, we want no-crits so we can have fun.

Edited by Balmung

Basically the server will lose popularity and makes it harder to play for new players, when random crits are disabled.

B U L L S H I T !

Lose popularity? I think you guys don't even realize how popular your precious arena server is.

Atleast give a fair reason, instead of some lame ass one that you probably made up in a few seconds to make it look like this was even discussed, which I think wasn't at all.. The only thing that matters, is the 'Top Crew' apparently since the opinion of the actual server players (the people that keep the servers alive) means nothing at all.

I totally agree with her, this is already for two years the same. That the tc not care about the regular players in the servers. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE!. This is already the third topic about this and what happened nothing at all you guys dont even give it a try for a week or something. shame, shame, shame on you.

@ clavus so whe got more crits. The new players really gonna like that ;) . And its arena no respawn so it is lame to have crits in it. If this topic was for the other 3 servers with respawn you really got a point but not for arena. And as long i know a lot of arena servers have no crit or they have a crit vote. Why dont add a vote to give the players the choice, man is it so hard

If crits were turned off then it would force new players to the server to stay away, and as a consequence, it would only be the regulars of the server that remain, which is what, about 10 people?

Although I know this would fill up the arena server, however, not all of them are in the server at the same time, so it would only be what? about 4/5 in at once, or less? You would all eventually get bored of there being no new people to kill alot, apart from each other, and if new players did enter they would end up ragequitting because they cant kill any of you, because of a lack of crits.

And then eventually yourselves would leave because it would be getting boring with barely anyone in, and then the server dies completely.

Yeah.

If crits WERE to be turned off I would want a crit-vote at the start of each map.

Ywa & Clavus are only thinking of the long-term future of the server, which it seems so many of you have overlooked.

Also. InB4ShitStorm.

Edited by ERROR 401

If crits were turned off then it would force new players to the server to stay away, and as a consequence, it would only be the regulars of the server that remain, which is what, about 10 people?

Although I know this would fill up the arena server, however, not all of them are in the server at the same time, so it would only be what? about 4/5 in at once, or less? You would all eventually get bored of there being no new people to kill alot, apart from each other, and if new players did enter they would end up ragequitting because they cant kill any of you, because of a lack of crits.

And then eventually yourselves would leave because it would be getting boring with barely anyone in, and then the server dies completely.

Yeah.

If crits WERE to be turned off I would want a crit-vote at the start of each map.

Ywa & Clavus are only thinking of the long-term future of the server, which it seems so many of you have overlooked.

Also. InB4ShitStorm.

new players play in a team with regulars or good players9they like this so they stay. the same on other side, they win as a team. why should you think there are no new players comming to this server when there is no crits. they dont got many choice on other servers

new players play in a team with regulars or good players9they like this so they stay. the same on other side, they win as a team. why should you think there are no new players comming to this server when there is no crits. they dont got many choice on other servers

But if most of the better players are in one team, and that team keeps winning for that match, do you think it might put some people off, just a teency bit?

But if most of the better players are in one team, and that team keeps winning for that match, do you think it might put some people off, just a teency bit?

You think team stacking don't exist nowadays? I have only played a few times with fair teams.. Besides, what does this even got to do with crits? A game is supposed to be based on playing skills and not just luck, I mean this is not some kind of gambling game where you only win based on your luck.

Hi guys. I just voted "yes for crits".

Personally, I am NOT a fan of the random crit. However, there are some benefits to this aspect of the game.

First of all, it gives that extra edge for any game. People with low HP will still try to win, and people with high skill wont be dominating the game all the time.

Its randomness might be arguably bad concerning skills and all that, but a game is a game, and if you're not having fun playing unless youre winning, you shouldnt play multiplayer game.

Instead of looking how it negatively impacts YOUR gaming and YOUR score, look at the incidents. They're usually quite shocking, and if you dont mind dying, they can be quite entertaining aswell.

Yes, random crits are not part of "skills" but if we only had skills, we wouldnt get any new players due to gap in skills.

Finally: its part of the game. Remove one aspect of a game, and it wont be the same. And once you pave way for removing this, whats next? compressed air? demoknight? uber? kritzkrieg? If you start taking aaway parts of the game you dont like, you will pretty soon end up with a shell of a server with only a handfull of "pros" playing.

Finally: its part of the game. Remove one aspect of a game, and it wont be the same. And once you pave way for removing this, whats next? compressed air? demoknight? uber? kritzkrieg? If you start taking aaway parts of the game you dont like, you will pretty soon end up with a shell of a server with only a handfull of "pros" playing.

Crits is actually something you can just switch on and off. We're not talking about taking away weapons of TF2 itself..

Crits is actually something you can just switch on and off. We're not talking about taking away weapons of TF2 itself..

And it's only random crits, so Axtinguisher/Headshot/Kritzkrieg still counts as a crit and does full crit damage.

You think team stacking don't exist nowadays? I have only played a few times with fair teams.. Besides, what does this even got to do with crits? A game is supposed to be based on playing skills and not just luck, I mean this is not some kind of gambling game where you only win based on your luck.

A ) Theres a new convar going onto all TF2 servers to stop stacking a bit.

B ) Luck still comes into it whether you like it or not Missy. Like the luck of running into a heavy & medic combo, the luck of running into a level 3 sentry.

Also. Removing crits removes the fun aspect of the game. So quit your srs-ness.

Edited by ERROR 401

this is always happening. and players are still comming back

this has sometyhing to do with new players. ''read''. and players always leaving stacked teams but i always see them comming back

and how do we change this. plopadapla: TEAM SCRAMBLE! so there are much more even teams

Edited by rogue

If you guys donate 20 euros each month. We will have a second arena server with crits off. :V

Oh..I get it...players -> popularity -> money...so you want money from players...but since you don't give a shit about the players...I don't see how your getting any money. Well let's see, you don't care if the players are "old" or "new" to the Mr. Green servers, and that's dumb because one of your goals would be keep old players on your servers and hoping that with time they will donate because they could see that this server has "friendly" admins and a "nice" community. Instead, your like begging the players to leave the Mr. Green servers. If that's your real goal, then your doing a great job at the moment. At least that's my point of view, and I don't think I`m wrong about it.

Oh..I get it...players -> popularity -> money...so you want money from players...but since you don't give a shit about the players...I don't see how your getting any money. Well let's see, you don't care if the players are "old" or "new" to the Mr. Green servers, and that's dumb because one of your goals would be keep old players on your servers and hoping that with time they will donate because they could see that this server has "friendly" admins and a "nice" community. Instead, your like begging the players to leave the Mr. Green servers. If that's your real goal, then your doing a great job at the moment. At least that's my point of view, and I don't think I`m wrong about it.

Atomicus, insulting admins gets you nowhere fast.

Oh..I get it...players -> popularity -> money...so you want money from players...

Of course. Do you really think these 3 machines we rent pay for themselves? :P

And yes, we know how to run a community. I've done nothing else (well, almost nothing else) the past 5 years. And unlike other communities, Mr. Green is still alive.