Mr. Green Gaming

Question.

Messy

Since summer, my laptop plays some lagg tricks on me when I play games. Plus, screen sometimes fails and then refreshes... I can't live with that laptop anymore. I want a strong, gaming PC.

My laptop: Acer Aspire 7720

Lags like hell.

Screen fails.

FPS Lagg.

Lagg.

Some people told me to upgrade my laptop.

But upgrading costs more than a new PC (in my situation...).

Now, to my question:

Is it worth to buy a new PC instead of laptop?

Why?

And what do you suggest to me?

What PC?

My internet is wireless. Will that be a problem if I buy a PC instead of laptop?

Upgrade or not?

What should I do?

Thanks.

Edited by Messy

Is it worth to buy a new PC instead of laptop?

When you are a gamer. Yes.

Why?

Gaming Laptops are fucking expensive, they are getting hot and loud. Upgrading parts of a laptop is nearly (99%) impossible.

What PC?

Selfmade. Do NOT try to buy overpriced OEM crapshit like Acer, Medion, Dell etc. Just tell us your budget + website where you want to buy your parts. Building a PC is easy as hell and saves you alot of money.

My internet is wireless. Will that be a problem if I buy a PC instead of laptop?

No. You just have to buy a wireless stick. They are not expensive.

Upgrade or not?

When you are not proud with your laptop then yes.

What should I do?

Answered already

Edited by CarPileUp

I do have already a stick, but wont internet be slower?

No.

CPU: AMD Phenom II 955 @ 3,2 ghz (Under 150€)

GPU: HD6870 (200€) or Gigabyte GTX460 (about 170€)

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 (But others are possible too) ~83€

RAM: 4GB DDR3 (RAM prices are going down in the last time) You'll get good one for under 60€

(Important: 2 x 2GB DDR3 for dual channel support)

Case: Your own taste. (Under 50€)

HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F4 1TB (about 60€)

DVD-Drive: LG something (under 30€)

Monitor: Your own taste. Minimum 22" (1920x1080) for a decent gaming quality (Imo)

The power supply is the most important part imo. Only buy brand PSUs like, Enermax, BeQuiet, Corsair, Tagan, Antec, Coolermaster. A broken non-brand PSU would fuck up your whole system (CPU, GPU, Mainboard...) because they are poorly manufactured and don't have securityfunctions like overvoltage, undervoltage, short-circuit protection etc.

Also, wattage is NOT the only thing which is important for a PSU. 500Watt is more than enough for your system for example. Your PSU should also has more than 40A (Ampere) on the 12V+ rails. Just get a brand PSU, which I have listed above then youre on the safe side. (You can also post when you find one in internet here, and I'll tell you if its ok or not.)

I don't know how expensive PC-Hardware in Greece is. The prices which I have posted are german prices.

Edited by CarPileUp
Nice typo.

Lets see, i think this is the best you can do with the money:

Cpu: amd phenom 2 x6 1055t @2.8 ghz [ turbo mode when less cores are used than 6] (about €150,-), you could get an intel but for gaming amd has best value.

Ram: 2x 2gb ddr3 1333 mhz cl9 (€50,- kit)

Graphics: HD6850 (€150) i got bad experience with nvidia.

Motherboard: asrock m3n78d (€50,-), if this mb isnt in your country, just look at the specs and see if the processor is supported.

Case: take one that supports atx, rest is your choice. (around €45)

Hdd: seagate barracuda 1tb (€50)

Power supply: cooler master 500 watt or more. ( €55)

Dvd-drive: any brand will do (€30)

Monitor: samsung syncmaster 22 inch like the P2270H(€150)

Mouse: logitech mx518(€30)

Keyboard: Buy some cheap one (€10)

Headset: creative fatality headset (€30)

Total: €800,-

I took the prices from holland so to be honest it could be more expensive in greece. :S

Edited by Damien

CarPileUp's set is good. Exept the resolution for a 22" is 1680x1050.

No. There are also 22" monitors which support 1920x1080

@Damien. 4 Cores are way enough for gaming. Six cores are good when you do much video rendering/editing. But you don't see a difference in games. They are even sometimes slower than the X4.

You just need a wristband that you attach to your case.

What? No you dont.

ESD gloves will do fine to.

Are we talking about how they built the PC's in the store, or how you build it yourself?

Ive never heard of any ESD wristbands/gloves, and never seen anyone use them. Therefore, not necessary(necessary = wouldnt work without it).

@nobana your joking right? Learn to build a pc. Esd could blow up your hardware thats why you need to be attached to a conductive source( wristband and special gloves do that).

@clavus wireless always has losses so if its Possible to use wired use that. If its not possible than you should use wireless.

@nobana your joking right? Learn to build a pc. Esd could blow up your hardware thats why you need to be attached to a conductive source( wristband and special gloves do that).

Hah, yes I know it could, but if you dont use some gloves/wristband, doesnt mean that its gona blow up. You can just put the part on top of your PC while its still in the "bag" and the electricity thingy will even.

Hah, yes I know it could, but if you dont use some gloves/wristband, doesnt mean that its gona blow up. You can just put the part on top of your PC while its still in the "bag" and the electricity thingy will even.

hmm i dont realy get what your saying but,

Working ESD safe just mean that you are minimalizing the possibillity of have a ESD on your hardware.

Ive worked ESD unsafe for years. didnt had one problem. but i wasn't using very expensive hardware and i was holding the parts almost ESD safe.

Now that i work at a factory where they have ESD gloves and stole bought e set and used them so i know for sure my hardware wouldn't ever malfunction due a ESD.

But, as i said, you can work without ESD safe gloves or wristbands. just watch out were you are holding the parts and hope for the best.

so your willing to take the chance of blowing up your hardware than buy some cheap wristband that makes this chance almost 0. My dad works at philips and they use wristbands there.

An old radiator is all you need. It doesn't cost anything, if you have one of those ofc, and it is as safe as a wristband or gloves or w/e.

Edited by bAsTiNaToR

Guys.... he just want to get a new PC and doesn't know so much about PC Hardware and such. DO NOT FUCKING DERAIL THE TOPIC. Just help him or GET OFF. Create a new topic if you want to complain about other things.

Why every topic have to DERAIL? Messy is like "WTF ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT" now?

Yes I'm pretty mad now.

Edited by CarPileUp