Mr. Green Gaming

Battlefield 3 discussion

Nobana

Hit Registration Improved

The server at the Nvidia LAN was setup in Los Angeles, 5 hours away from the event. The hit registration and net code have been fixed from the beta. Now you will be able to know exactly when and where you are getting shot from rather then falling and thinking you got “one shotted” like in the Open Beta.

Tons of Vehicles

Operation Firestorm (The desert Oil field map) is much larger then Caspian Border. Each team gets 6 Main Battle Tanks at start + the ones from spawn points. This map has diversity of two story factory buildings with 500m or more between control points on conquest mode. This map is vehicle focus rather then infantry. We personally can’t wait to roll with our friends in a 6 M1-Abrams deep armor column.

Mini / Full map is back

The full blown mini-map is back like the original battlefield, when you open up you can see your teammates as well as spotted enemies

Mortar for kicking Ass

Many have wondered what the Mortar unlock would be like. When you mount it, the minimap appears with a crosshair of where to drop your mortar round down on. This is a sign that DICE will probably implement more artillery items in the future.

3D Spotting is Tweaked

Now the 3D Spotting works properly. You will lose track of your enemies when they got out of view be it in a bush or around a corner.

Manage your Squad

Squad Management is back with up to 8 Squads. In this build the commorose wasn’t enabled so you were forced to use Q (spotting key) to place squad orders. Our guess is once commorose is implemented, a squad order system much like battlefield 2 will be brought back.

If you hated the Beta, all has changed

From what we’ve heard from everyone at the NVIDIA LAN event, this build is very polished and has made those with doubts really quite excited for Battlefield 3. It really looks like this game is the true sequel we are waiting for. Thanks to DICE for working so hard on this to get it in our hands in just under 2 weeks. We will be sure to keep you posted if we learn any more details on teh conquest version of Damavand Peaks. We know you are all eager to hear about that base jumping segment!

( http://battlefieldo.com/ )

:yeah:

Edited by Cookie

http://battlefieldo.com/origin-id-changer-windows/

The Origin ID changer for Windows, I used it to change my ID to Nobanaa, and it worked instantly.

E: "The application itself uses the EA Android API to send the commands to change your Origin ID. The Author was also kind enough to release the Source code of this tool. So if you still have concerns using it, you can check the source and just compile it yourself."

Edited by Nobana

Punch in origin details in some third party program.

I'd rather use scrabble on the android/iOS thingies to change it.

Was too lazy to do that. This was quicker and easier, and I doubt someone wants my Origin with one game on it.

E: Also changed my Origin password just to be sure.

Edited by Nobana

So you automaticly show up on the minimap when you fire your weapon. Fuck that.

What, where does it say that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTDmkrIrOrM&feature=youtu.be&hd=1&t=3m30s

Keep an eye on the map. Notice the red arrow popping up when the enemy in front of him is firing.

*edit*

I had to post in code because else it will automatically embed the video and start at 0:00, which is retarded.

*edit*

VMR, ghilly suits are absolutely useless to a useful recon.

Edited by Navo

Showing up on the minimap when shooting really pissed me off. Please explain to me why you guys think it should be in the game, because I can see no reason for it, except that some people like to play with their game muted while listening to music.

@Navo sorry, but that statement is retarded. Please link me a video of what you consider a good recon player.

Are you seriously complaining about that? It's very short, probably only shows up for players actually in range of the noise, and most of the time you're not looking at your minimap when under fire. I think it's a nice assist for people that lack 7.1 surround sets.

Yes, I am seriously complaining about this. Its a small, but an important detail. I dont have 7.1 surround set, but I cant figure out even one way that it would assist my(or anyone else's) gameplay.

Edited by Nobana

Are you seriously complaining about that? It's very short, probably only shows up for players actually in range of the noise, and most of the time you're not looking at your minimap when under fire. I think it's a nice assist for people that lack 7.1 surround sets.

Yes, I am seriously complaining about this. Its a small, but an important detail. I dont have 7.1 surround set, but I cant figure out even one way that it would assist my(or anyone else's) gameplay.

It's not an important detail at all. Why bother.

Pre-loading will start the 21st day, so everybody will have time to download it even with a slower connection!

Thanks. Where'd you hear this?

Punch in origin details in some third party program.

I'd rather use scrabble on the android/iOS thingies to change it.

Was too lazy to do that. This was quicker and easier, and I doubt someone wants my Origin with one game on it.

E: Also changed my Origin password just to be sure.

How'd you change that the password, btw? I wanna change mine to SilverDot or something..Snaw makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by Silver Dot

It's not an important detail at all. Why bother.

If you think it's not important, why add it into the game.

Nobana, are you trying to tell that if someone infront of you starts shooting an AK, you dont spot him? If you dont like it, play a fucking modded server. P.S gonna start downloading it in few hours, and check out the campain. Gotta play while its still fresh :3

What? Of course I see him, who said the spotting only applies if he's infront of you. What modded server, I really doubt its possible to disable a feature like that in a server. PS. You're a faggot for downloading this game.

Lets say you're playing Operation Metro, sitting in corner of a building on street level, shooting someone across the street/map. Enemy is above you in the building, surrounded by gunfire so he doesnt even figure out you're there. But, wait! Oh, he can see you in the map even though he doesnt have visual contact to you, and so can his friends!

Now may someone please present some good arguments why it would be better to have this feature than just leave it out.

Edited by Nobana

Dudes have you even played that shit BF3 maps are large and chaotic just because you see a fucking dot doesn'tmean it gives you a golden ticket for a kill.... If you run up to the dot like a mad man you will probably be killed because THERE IS SO MUCH SHIT GOING ON YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TIME T FOCUS ON THE DOT... it's just an indication for enemy position's. And it's alot less worse then the spotting from bfbc2(wallhack) just wait for it to come out then judge...