Mr. Green Gaming

Battlefield 3 discussion

Nobana

Dudes have you even played that shit BF3 maps are large and chaotic just because you see a fucking dot doesn'tmean it gives you a golden ticket for a kill.... If you run up to the dot like a mad man you will probably be killed because THERE IS SO MUCH SHIT GOING ON YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TIME T FOCUS ON THE DOT... it's just an indication for enemy position's. And it's alot less worse then the spotting from bfbc2(wallhack) just wait for it to come out then judge...

Now may someone please present some good arguments why it would be better to have this feature than just leave it out.

You think that some people wont run up to the dot just to get one kill? Oh there will be plenty of people who just look at their minimaps and wait for the dot to appear so they know where you are and then rush up to kill you, even if they're gona die too.

I dont need to wait for the game to be released to say that this feature sucks.

Are you seriously complaining about that? It's very short, probably only shows up for players actually in range of the noise, and most of the time you're not looking at your minimap when under fire. I think it's a nice assist for people that lack 7.1 surround sets.
Yes, I am seriously complaining about this. Its a small, but an important detail. I dont have 7.1 surround set, but I cant figure out even one way that it would assist my(or anyone else's) gameplay.
It's not an important detail at all. Why bother.
If you think it's not important, why add it into the game.
Nobana, are you trying to tell that if someone infront of you starts shooting an AK, you dont spot him? If you dont like it, play a fucking modded server. P.S gonna start downloading it in few hours, and check out the campain. Gotta play while its still fresh :3
What? Of course I see him, who said the spotting only applies if he's infront of you. What modded server, I really doubt its possible to disable a feature like that in a server. PS. You're a faggot for downloading this game. Lets say you're playing Operation Metro, sitting in corner of a building on street level, shooting someone across the street/map. Enemy is above you in the building, surrounded by gunfire so he doesnt even figure out you're there. But, wait! Oh, he can see you in the map even though he doesnt have visual contact to you, and so can his friends!Now may someone please present some good arguments why it would be better to have this feature than just leave it out.

Jesus, incase you get spotted, just get behind a fucking wall and you'll disappear from the minimap.

so stop making shit up, or just stfu.

Are you seriously complaining about that? It's very short, probably only shows up for players actually in range of the noise, and most of the time you're not looking at your minimap when under fire. I think it's a nice assist for people that lack 7.1 surround sets.

Now may someone please present some good arguments why it would be better to have this feature than just leave it out.

It was right there. Quoted in your own post.

In addition to what clavus said, it also gives more reason to use the silencer (assuming that silencer will prevent you from showing up on the miniman when shooting)

Jesus, incase you get spotted, just get behind a fucking wall and you'll disappear from the minimap.

so stop making shit up, or just stfu.

Oh, so every time I shoot there's a wall next to me? Cool.

In addition to what clavus said, it also gives more reason to use the silencer (assuming that silencer will prevent you from showing up on the miniman when shooting)

Noup, cant see any. And I dont want to make my gun less efficient by using a silencer, and usually I want to use my heavy barrel. I dont want to get spotted if I happen to play as sniper when I havent unlocked a silencer for my gun.

Noup, cant see any. And I dont want to make my gun less efficient by using a silencer, and usually I want to use my heavy barrel. I dont want to get spotted if I happen to play as sniper when I havent unlocked a silencer for my gun.

Highlighted them for you. Disagreeing with you =/= bad arguement.

You choose what fits your playstyle the best. w/o silencer ==> more noticeable but more efficent, with silencer ==> less noticeable but less efficent.

Edited by EmRA

You think that some people wont run up to the dot just to get one kill? Oh there will be plenty of people who just look at their minimaps and wait for the dot to appear so they know where you are and then rush up to kill you, even if they're gona die too.

Just because you dont look at the minimap, it doesnt mean that others wont look at it either.

E:

You choose what fits your playstyle the best. w/o silencer ==> more noticeable but more efficent, with silencer ==> less noticeable but less efficent.

I dont want to make my weapons less efficient. Why should that even be an option?

Silencers should only hide the sound and which direction you're being shot at(by removing the red "blood" arrow which appears to your screen and shows the direction).

Edited by Nobana

Just because you dont look at the minimap, it doesnt mean that others wont look at it either.

He was talking about looking at the minimap when under fire. As already pointed out to you (third time charm!), seeing where the action is at can be useful for those who like to listen to music while playing/talking with friends/don't own good enough audio devices.

I dont want to make my weapons less efficient. Why should that even be an option?

Silencers should only hide the sound and which direction you're being shot at(by removing the red "blood" arrow which appears to your screen and shows the direction).

As I said: Weaker gun, better stealth. A clear advantage and a disadvantage, much like any other attachment. Larger zoom, harder to fire close range. Easier to see in the dark, easier for the enemies to see you in the dark.

The red blood arrow indicates pain. If a football (they don't make that much sound most of the time) hits me in the back I know it hit me in the back and not in the face.

The red blood arrow indicates pain. If a football (they don't make that much sound most of the time) hits me in the back I know it hit me in the back and not in the face.

No kidding? Usually in games if someone shoots you with a silenced gun, the blood arrow doesnt appear, because you cant hear where you're being shot from.

He was talking about looking at the minimap when under fire. As already pointed out to you (third time charm!), seeing where the action is at can be useful for those who like to listen to music while playing/talking with friends/don't own good enough audio devices.

Why do they have to add unrealistic and unnecessary aids to help the people with a less efficient playstyle?

If you don't want to hear anything when you go to war, fine, but don't complain that you can't hear where people are shooting from.

Why do they have to add unrealistic and unnecessary aids to help the people with a less efficient playstyle?

If you don't want to hear anything when you go to play games, fine, but don't complain that you can't hear where people are shooting from.

Battlefield 3 is not supposed to be realistic. Its a game. By less efficent I meant less efficent in terms of accuracy and damage. Making a silencer to a game and only giving it drawbacks would be, if anything, unnecessary.

If you don't want to hear anything when you go to play games, fine, but don't complain that you can't hear where people are shooting from.

Battlefield 3 is not supposed to be realistic. Its a game. By less efficent I meant less efficent in terms of accuracy and damage. Making a silencer to a game and only giving it drawbacks would be, if anything, unnecessary.

There's not only drawbacks, you've got a HUGE advantage. No muzzleflare, and less sound.

It doesn't say that it has counter-alien-GPS-spotting-technology in it.