Mr. Green Gaming

Which one do you prefer?

Stalker vs Metro  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer

• Stalker series
    • metro series

Well after playing both games and loving them (best two thing to come out of russia) and being in my top 5 favourite games. Which one do you prefer and which one are you looking forward to more?

I personally like the throw you in head first and learn everything yourself difficulty of chernobyl and the free roam aspect of pripyat over the stuning intensity of metro's gameplay and visuals.

Thoughts?

Edited by Griffon

Aren't both games Ukraïnian (how do you pronounce that?)?

Anyway, I prefer Japanese or American games, and I've never played STALKER games and Metro 2033 myself.

But I feel bad for GSC Gameworld, however I feel bad for everyone who lives in the Ukraine, I'm sorry.

(There should be a game where players get to molest the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs.)

(No there shouldn't be a game of that. People should be allowed to do that in real life).

Edited by BlueYoshi97

Metro series? Theres only one Metro game.

But I would prefer Metro 2033.

Theres a sequel planned, metro last light.

You can't really compare Stalker and Metro that much.

But I only played Metro and I thought it was very good. ( A few faults but those arent that bad )

Edited by Hundred2

STALKER. Metro's okay but STALKER just wins storyline-wise and mechanical wise, it's very well scripted even if it has a few goofy bugs.

Aren't both games Ukraïnian (how do you pronounce that?)?

But I feel bad for GSC Gameworld, however I feel bad for everyone who lives in the Ukraine, I'm sorry.

...Why? And it's just Ukrainian.

Edited by Silver Dot

Ukranian with Russian developers.

But I still prefer Metro, they dont do shit with fixing stalker bugs. Also IMO metro is more epic and realystic. Srsly, what would happen if there was an atomic explosion in Moscow? Stalker is just too much imagination... anomalies, zombies, etc dont appear from CAES explosion (probably dont appear from radiation, so thats bullshit), especially that the Japan AES had a moar scale of explosion.

Metro is really realystic and it carries the truth with it.

EDIT: Yes, maybe STALKER had a free space to walk in, but again. Its all the fucking time walking from 1 place to another and thats just a waste of time. Atleast they added enemies on your way. But still... meh.

Though, metro will have Stalker free walking but... I guess it will be nicer, more interesting, you would explore the whole dead city. So I say Metro.

EDIT 2: I'm a Russian, so I know more things about this :V

Also who read Metro 2033 book would prefer Metro. I assure you all.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

I don't know either one of them, but STALKER sounds cooler + I know friends who play it and they are quite positive about it. :)

Oh yeah... Stalker sounds cooler. I think that Half-life sounds cool too, because its some physics stuff.

Or wait. Mario. Mario beats all up. It is the best game ever, because I like the name. It sounds cooler than all this. (Though, i didnt play it)

Or wait. Mario. Mario beats all up. It is the best game ever, because I like the name. It sounds cooler than all this. (Though, i didnt play it)

1: Buy A Nintendo Revolution

2: Buy Super Mario Galaxy

3: Play Super Mario Galaxy

4: Report Back.

Edited by BlueYoshi97

Like I have money I would like to waste on all this :P

I'll buy Metro: Last Light instead ;D

Edited by Mr. Darkness

5) complain its to easy until you have to do "Luigis purple coins".

Both are good games, but Metro was too short.

Metro 2033

Pro:

+ Good Story

+ Good Graphics

+ Artyom

Con:

- Short Story

- On Ranger / Ranger Hardcore you're fked if you don't spend your hole money on filters for your gas mask

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (all 3 parts)

Pro:

+ Nice graphics (always reference @ release)

+ Very good atmosphere

+ Plenty of good mods (Complete Mod for instance)

Con:

- Buggy as hell (CoP wasn't that bad @ release, but still not perfect)

- KI is sometimes very "special"

(Voted 4 S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)

Edited by bAsTiNaToR

Since I never played M2033, it's obvious I go for STALKER series. I like the games. But somehow, in the first STALKER, I always end up dying after a few hours of playing without any reason. I reinstalled the games various times to start and play it till the end. Never accomplished that quest.

There aint books about Stalker, so Metro it is.

There ain't no global apocalyptic accident Metro 2033 is based on so Stalker it is :meh:.

No?

The book Metro 2033 came out before STALKER (the game). The game was based on an old russian movie "STALKER" which wasn't even about Chernobyl.

It's about a zone where when you come in it you cant go back, because you will find something different after this.

Actually there are STALKER books, but they are based on the game. (also its wroten by it's fans)

Here we got Metro based on it's book (but not fully though. If they did it right like the book says, the game would be rather longer).

So I shall disagree with you, because even in Chernobyl there isnt much catostrophic accidents for now. Though many people died, but this has nothing to do with STALKER. Metro is about people surviving in underground tunnels, for luck there wasnt an attack from USA with atomic bomb. If there was we (Russians) would all be in Metro now.

Edited by Mr. Darkness