Mr. Green Gaming

Norway

Clavus

Excuse me Versnellingspook, I didn't answer your 'question' about why I don't have any faith in human society yet. Well some of the reasons are right above me ITT, and if you don't understand, then add another reason to it.

Enough about this cash-bragging. Since I derailed this topic I'll de-derail it again.

So I just read something about there being someone told a tip before about that guy, but the police ignored it or something?

Edited by BlueYoshi97

They once picked up a possibly shady purchase of his at a company they were keeping an eye on. They didn't deem they had enough proof to check on him. Which is understandable. This guy was practically invisible to the intelligence services because he behaved like a model citizen for the most part.

Also terminator, wait till your balls drop before you even try to contribute to a proper discussion. Another one of those replies and I'll take measures.

Excuse me Versnellingspook, I didn't answer your 'question' about why I don't have any faith in human society yet. Well some of the reasons are right above me ITT, and if you don't understand, then add another reason to it.

Enough about this cash-bragging. Since I derailed this topic I'll de-derail it again.

So I just read something about there being someone told a tip before about that guy, but the police ignored it or something?

You shouldn't let those few rotten appels spoil it for the rest.

As for this maniac, it was stated before, this was EXACTLY what he wanted. And I don't get why the newspapers keep publishing stories about him and his background. Like I care what music he listens to.

But at one thing he was wrong I suppose, he thought his actions would provoke a crusade against Islam/collaborators of the islam in Europe (in his view). But I think he did the opposite, i.e. that Norway comes out of this tragedy stronger and more united.

Maybe his manifesto and his views inspired some other sick fucks but I dont think they would go as far as he did.

As for this maniac, it was stated before, this was EXACTLY what he wanted. And I don't get why the newspapers keep publishing stories about him and his background. Like I care what music he listens to.

But at one thing he was wrong I suppose, he thought his actions would provoke a crusade against Islam/collaborators of the islam in Europe (in his view). But I think he did the opposite, i.e. that Norway comes out of this tragedy stronger and more united.

Maybe his manifesto and his views inspired some other sick fucks but I dont think they would go as far as he did.

I saw his Facebook profile when it was still there and he listened Conan The Barbarian soundtrack music, just like me. Now people are probably gonna say everyone who listens to Conan the Barbarian music is a psychopath.

There are always people who follow others on politic views, also on actions. I am sure there are other 'crazy' people who are now more motivated to spread the word by doing this. I'm just hoping they'll never succeed.

But I remember the first day the media was like "Al Quaida said they did it." Was that a complete lie or something?

I saw his Facebook profile when it was still there and he listened Conan The Barbarian soundtrack music, just like me. Now people are probably gonna say everyone who listens to Conan the Barbarian music is a psychopath.

There are always people who follow others on politic views, also on actions. I am sure there are other 'crazy' people who are now more motivated to spread the word by doing this. I'm just hoping they'll never succeed.

But I remember the first day the media was like "Al Quaida said they did it." Was that a complete lie or something?

I think they suspected Al-Quaida from the bombing.

I think they suspected Al-Quaida from the bombing.

I saw a picture of some arabian guys twitter (I was just assuming he was from Al-Quaida) where he said that we'll just have to wait, because they've got lots more to come etc.

People jump to conclusions, nothing new there. The thing is: you shouldn't.

From what I understand, the man was of a Christian terrorist faction.

I think that represents a rather dark future for us all. I think that the devout christians of the world are finally getting aggressive towards Islamic extremists. Mostly in America are where people such as this reside: Devout, almost Knights Templar style of faith in god. But alas there are many all over the world too it appears.

From what i've been told by my Uncle and Father (both of which understand this type of thing to a greater depth than I) say that this guy belonged to a group that thought themselves close to Knights Templars. If you don't get that referance, there was Crusades back in the medieval ages in an attempt to re-take the holy-land from the Muslims (obviously ended in massacre and complete failure)

Looking back to that time, aparantly the Knights Templar didn't act quite as primarily expected: They were less hard on Muslims than people of their own that sided with the muslims of the time. (The performed far far worse acts of torture upon these individuals).

That's the worrying part: as (apparantly) there is some immigration thing or something going on in Norway that is allowing Muslims to integrate into society. This leads quite a few people to believe that the Knights Templar ideaology is coming into play here.

It'll provide (best not to say a welcoming) change in attitudes about Terrorism. No longer can any government/ people label only one religion as 'fanatic' or 'zealous' ever since this Norway attack.

This really does throw religion and the relevance or place of religion in our society. Now, i'm not saying that all religious believers are murderers, i'm simply saying that there is no need for such beliefs anymore.

I don't know how much of my argument is valid, so if it's wrong, please dis-regard it (or correct me!)

What I think is that the original purpose of religion was to provide social structure and a meaning to life among groups of people. The downside is that religion is also used as an excuse for cruel acts. Religion might not be as 'needed' any more as it was in the old days, but you can't force people to give it up. You can only educate them and allow them to make their own choice.

Breivik identifying himself with the Knights Templar is just another to mystify his image. You shouldn't take that serious. However you could say that the fact he wasn't Islamic shows to the public that there are nut cases on both sides of the fence. If he was, things could've exploded.

From what I understand, the man was of a Christian terrorist faction.

I think that represents a rather dark future for us all. I think that the devout christians of the world are finally getting aggressive towards Islamic extremists. Mostly in America are where people such as this reside: Devout, almost Knights Templar style of faith in god. But alas there are many all over the world too it appears.

From what i've been told by my Uncle and Father (both of which understand this type of thing to a greater depth than I) say that this guy belonged to a group that thought themselves close to Knights Templars. If you don't get that referance, there was Crusades back in the medieval ages in an attempt to re-take the holy-land from the Muslims (obviously ended in massacre and complete failure)

Looking back to that time, aparantly the Knights Templar didn't act quite as primarily expected: They were less hard on Muslims than people of their own that sided with the muslims of the time. (The performed far far worse acts of torture upon these individuals).

That's the worrying part: as (apparantly) there is some immigration thing or something going on in Norway that is allowing Muslims to integrate into society. This leads quite a few people to believe that the Knights Templar ideaology is coming into play here.

It'll provide (best not to say a welcoming) change in attitudes about Terrorism. No longer can any government/ people label only one religion as 'fanatic' or 'zealous' ever since this Norway attack.

This really does throw religion and the relevance or place of religion in our society. Now, i'm not saying that all religious believers are murderers, i'm simply saying that there is no need for such beliefs anymore.

I don't know how much of my argument is valid, so if it's wrong, please dis-regard it (or correct me!)

The problem is not religion, the problem is extremism.

If there was no religion at all these kinds of people would still be there and find other motives.

Well, i bet that some1 will kill him in prison.killing 100 ppl, most of em kids, he wont last 21 years.
I don't think Scandinavian prisons are that dangerous.

Well, here in finland some old pedobear raped two little girls, and after few years in jail, some1 popped his eye out whit a spoon, stoled from the kitchen. And after all, i would not even think about killing a guy like that (u know what i mean.)

I'm not blaming religion here really- i'm just stating that religion brings extremism, as someone said, which has no real place in our society.

@Clavus- maybe you are right. Religion DID bring a stability in a time when it was needed. and your idea of educating people more on the different directions religion can take is a lot better than the one we currently have.

But i think your point about not being able to take it away makes sense to be fair aswell.

They just need to be told the evil and hatred it can brood.

Anyway, that stuff aside, it's probable that more attacks like this are going to occur in the close future: If one fanatic can loose it, then so can many more. Let's just hope they can be stopped quicker than the Norway killer.

:coffee:

I just think that the leftwing politicians are trying a bit too hard to use this whole tragedy for political gain.. this guy Tofik Dibi is now requesting a parliamentary debate about the 'fear of foreigners' of rightwing politicians (read: Wilders), trying to hold him partially responsible for the massacre at Utøya.. just like the rights blamed the lefties for creating the climate in which murders on Fortuyn and Van Gogh could take place. They're just a little too happy about Breivik admiring Wilders in his manifesto. I don't like Wilders but you can't really hold him responsible for some nutcase killing about 80 people.

Ontopic:

I just read something odd from newspaper.

That Oslo mass murder guy (cant remember name) did pratice with MW2 before he went to killing spree. He says that MW2 is "Best war simulation game there is". He also said that WoW is good way to relax and hide loneliness.

There was something more about this too, but cant remember much.