Mr. Green Gaming

Questions and Discussion

Given that I presume people don't want to waste time having to set up a different background for each map, how about this? Background could be changed to anything (Job for some of the gmod poser guys?), I thought this looked pretty cool though.

Background.jpg

Or you could even have something like that as a standard background image, and then have a picture of the map for the more popular ones to save some effort and keep the amount of files down.

Might try and do something for the end game screen as well tomorrow if I have the time

looks good,something needs to be done to the scoreboard but other than that i think its really good.

looks good,something needs to be done to the scoreboard but other than that i think its really good.

You mean like a faint outer-glow to make it stand out more? It is a bit dark..

Scoreboards meant to be the same graphic that Necro has on the menu screen in game but obviously I dont have the file, but I guess if he decides to put this in then he could send me it

EDIT: Updated it now, this better?

Background-1.jpg

EDITEDIT: -derp i didnt activate the blood boarder red layer.

EDITEDITEDIT: Actually.. I kinda prefer it like that, what do you think?

Edited by Dr.Minky

You mean like a faint outer-glow to make it stand out more? It is a bit dark..

Scoreboards meant to be the same graphic that Necro has on the menu screen in game but obviously I dont have the file, but I guess if he decides to put this in then he could send me it

EDIT: Updated it now, this better?

Background-1.jpg

EDITEDIT: -derp i didnt activate the blood boarder red layer.

EDITEDITEDIT: Actually.. I kinda prefer it like that, what do you think?

Looks great, and I also think that it's better without the blood boarder, didn't like the random red crap too much

As I mentioned at sticky topic - you already can drag heavy props like couches and shelves @ Dr.Minky

Will there be a perk which augments character's "strength" so he can deal a little more melee dmg AND (especially) more drag/push power?

"Freemans Spirit" is that perk

Is it possible to have a list of all the available perks to preview? (if not, may I atleast know how many are there?)

Cant remember all of them

Kevlar - +10 max health

Kevlar 2 - +20 max health

Enhanced Kevlar - 15% less damage taken

Poison Resistance - 30% less poison dmg from headcrabs

More Nails - 50% ( 2+ nails )

Stronger Nails - (cant remember how much health)

Freemans Spirit - 20% more melee damage

Turret Ammo - 50% more ammo

Turret Health - 50% more health

Fall Resistance - 30% less fall damage?

Edited by Pufulet

So wait, are gmod made backgrounds needed/wanted?

Not promising anything, just asking if I should keep this in mind next time I start up gmod.

Actually backgrounds are not related to new zs. Plus I dont manage loading screen.

Ok, won't post any more about the backgrounds then. Who is in charge of the loading screen then? I could talk to him and see if me and Emra can do some stuff for it

So wait, are gmod made backgrounds needed/wanted?

Not promising anything, just asking if I should keep this in mind next time I start up gmod.

Actually backgrounds are not related to new zs. Plus I dont manage loading screen.

Ok, won't post any more about the backgrounds then. Who is in charge of the loading screen then? I could talk to him and see if me and Emra can do some stuff for it

Clavus

Add poison gas in EVERY MAP (Some maps haven't got it at all)... so zombies can heal (and I can keep the First Zombie max health bonus without dying :devil: )

i hope thats a joke...

2e1x9go.jpg

When I'm selected as first zombie in a map with poison gas, I usually attack humans until i've got <100 hp. Then I just go back to the gas area to get full HP. If I die I lose the max hp bonus, that's why. (That way they dont even get kills from me, therefore they dont get SP, they waste ammo so they just weaken themselves while I attack them)

Don't see why they shouldn't add it. Today I've even heard Pufulet saying that he should add poison gas in the place humans usually camp (the map with the car crusher trap. the place upstairs, vent not included), so I dont see why the same thing shouldn't be done with other maps that are missing gasses

Edited by Quert

Add poison gas in EVERY MAP (Some maps haven't got it at all)... so zombies can heal (and I can keep the First Zombie max health bonus without dying :devil: )

i hope thats a joke...

2e1x9go.jpg

When I'm selected as first zombie in a map with poison gas, I usually attack humans until i've got <100 hp. Then I just go back to the gas area to get full HP. If I die I lose the max hp bonus, that's why. (That way they dont even get kills from me, therefore they dont get SP, they waste ammo so they just weaken themselves while I attack them)

Don't see why they shouldn't add it. Today I've even heard Pufulet saying that he should add poison gas in the place humans usually camp (the place upstairs, not vent) (the map with the car crusher trap), so I dont see why the same thing shouldn't be done with other maps that are missing gasses

You just make the game unfair with gas it should only be on maps with spawn camping to stop, not so fags who just run back into the gas just so you dont lose your health

Just add Poison gas at zombie spawn.

NO WHERE ELSE!

OR U ARE DED!

See Poison gas abuse on House Number 23.

Also outside the shitty Pub maps, and also Green Pub.

Okay, I agree. Poison gas just at zombie spawn. It's fine to me just as long as there's an area where I can heal as zombie.

You just make the game unfair with gas it should only be on maps with spawn camping to stop, not so fags who just run back into the gas just so you dont lose your health

Why is it supposed to be unfair? Even if they add them, very few zombies would do the "Attack - Retreat 'n' Heal" tactic anyway. And spawncamp is possible in any map except the ones where zombies come out of spawn and neither zombies nor humans can go back in.

The Poison Zombie's 'portable' poison gas aura certainly used to be an unfair thing, both because it could deal AOE dmg, and heal zombies. But poison gasses are still and you can just avoid them, and zombies would have to run to them to heal. The goal of the game is to keep zombies away from you and survive as long as possible, right? So the result is still the same: Instead of dying, the 'smart' zombies (who want to do the tactic) go away to heal. What's the difference???

Edited by Quert

The attack and heal tactic is used by every zombie capable of thinking.

Startzombies break nails twice as fast, and if you retreat before dieng as zombie the human team won´t get any points = bigger guns.

( Thats why I support the idea of DMG based SP so much )

A human team without big weapons will really get problems against Alphazombies or bigger hordes.

I honestly think Alpha HP should only work on Normal zombies, a poisonzombie with 900 HP is just dumb <_<

Seriously, only gasses at spawn. I would remove them completely, but people tend to spawncamp. why not make a warning when you come to close to spawn and let the dmg increase the longer you stay there? and please use the anti glitch boxes only on real glitch spots, because some maps barely got places to go to with everything thats sealed off.

The attack and heal tactic is used by every zombie capable of thinking.

Startzombies break nails twice as fast, and if you retreat before dieng as zombie the human team won´t get any points = bigger guns.

( Thats why I support the idea of DMG based SP so much )

A human team without big weapons will really get problems against Alphazombies or bigger hordes.

I honestly think Alpha HP should only work on Normal zombies, a poisonzombie with 900 HP is just dumb <_<

I don't even think that Alpha HP is possible to get as poisonzombie, because if you get that bonus and die you will respawn without it, especially if it happens after long time (and you'd have to wait quite a while to unlock Poison zombie, no?) So it's possible only as Normal zombie (I think)

About the DMG based SP gain, that's a good point. (I'll definely support that aswell :) )

If they used that system, no ANNOYING Kill Steals(:angry:) would occur. So they could do something like 25 dmg = 1 SP and headshot damage x1.5 SP bonus

Edited by Quert

should add poison gas in the place humans usually camp

Why on earth

Could somebody explain what is the main goal in zombie survival these days

Rape every single, living cell on earth..

Or camp somewhere and have a tea time

and quert doesnt seem to be able to see that HUMANS ALWAYS LOSE except on maps where all humans are forced into team work like on pub, its so small that you cant go anywhere else and any vaguely good team could survive that map