Mr. Green Gaming

Day Z

Clavus

You guys are still playing this?

What exactly would I have to buy (and how much in €?) to play this game/addon?

And would it run good on my PC? (E8400 @ 3.00GHz | HD3850 @ 256MB | 4GB RAM (800MHz I think))

I've watched a couple of videos and read the stories in this thread.. this looks too amazing to be true.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/

Just this and get the mod itselves

You guys are still playing this?

What exactly would I have to buy (and how much in €?) to play this game/addon?

And would it run good on my PC? (E8400 @ 3.00GHz | HD3850 @ 256MB | 4GB RAM (800MHz I think))

I've watched a couple of videos and read the stories in this thread.. this looks too amazing to be true.

It IS amazing, when the bugs and glitches aren't ruining the experience. But that only happens on occasion.

As for your specs, I think they should run Arma 2, but not on the highest of settings. Best thing to do once you get the game is not to immediately jump onto the Day Z servers, but instead spend some time in the bootcamp tutorials to change your settings and controls, and to get a feel for the game engine.

24€ huh.. I might consider this once I get my first paycheck (probably before July)

Nah, you only need Operation Arrowhead, you can use ARMA2:Free to make combined operations.

As for your specs, im running this on a X2 555, 9800gt and 4gb of ram.

Depending on the server, you might need to change your settings.

sometimes it is very smooth and sometimes it is very laggy, so lowest of the lowest with tweaks should do lol

PSA: Rocket's wiping all tents in 1.7.1.5. Don't use em until after the update has landed.

Edit:

Moar details. We're finally getting a proper hatchet back. And flashlights will become part of the gear.

Current Changelog for 1.7.1.5

* [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)

* [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )

* [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)

* [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)

* [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after x minute(s) of their death (improves performance)

* [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )

* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)

* [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)

* [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)

* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)

* [NEW] New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack

* [FIXED] Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise, 20-40m away)

* [FIXED] Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)

There's also a new Arma 2 beta patch.

Today my Day Z Karma theory was proven. At the start of the evening our Ural got stolen within the 40 minute timeframe I was logged off. It was full of shit that Reap3r had been duping all day. Later, after we moved our base and did some raiding, I finally convinced Reap3r to stop using a bugged out character exploit and update his game already. Not long after, he found our Ural back just parked about 200m north west of the old spot, hidden in a forest with near zero fuel. We guess a noob found it, took it, and didn't know that all those full jerry cans in the back could fill up the tank before he abandoned it :V

Lets gather around the campfire

And sing our campfire song

Our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song

And if you don't think that we can sing it faster then you're wrong

But it'll help if you just sing along

Patrick:

Pam Pam Pam...

SpongeBob:

C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song

And if you dont think that we can sing it faster then you're wrong

But it'll help if you just sing along

Patrick!

Patrick:

Song! C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E...

SpongeBob:

Squidward good

It'll help

It'll help

If you just sing along!

O Yea!!

post-7539-0-56032600-1340400051_thumb.jp

Edited by Wessel Kompier

Okay well erm.. Heres the thing

I got to the airfield with Reaper, he went to the sniping post to check things while I looted the houses,

Then after finding a sweet LMG, my character glitched on a door and broke his leg

I crawled all the way to the watch tower, found an awesome DMR sniper rifle and went on the lookout while Reaper looked for some morphine for me

While I was crawling down the stairs to get to him after hed be looking around for a bit, my character glitched on the door AGAIN and started bleeding out, without showing the bleeding animation so I didnt notice untill I had 3000 health and the screen started to go white

Then the server reset and Reaper got shot and his leg broken when he rejoined, and my character went into shock, but I had to leave while he went to rendevous with Clav

So basically - I'm stuck in the airfield with 2000 blood, I pass out every minute and I have no pain killers or morphine or blood packs.

Rescue mission anyone? :V

Okay well erm.. Heres the thing

I got to the airfield with Reaper, he went to the sniping post to check things while I looted the houses,

Then after finding a sweet LMG, my character glitched on a door and broke his leg

I crawled all the way to the watch tower, found an awesome DMR sniper rifle and went on the lookout while Reaper looked for some morphine for me

While I was crawling down the stairs to get to him after hed be looking around for a bit, my character glitched on the door AGAIN and started bleeding out, without showing the bleeding animation so I didnt notice untill I had 3000 health and the screen started to go white

Then the server reset and Reaper got shot and his leg broken when he rejoined, and my character went into shock, but I had to leave while he went to rendevous with Clav

So basically - I'm stuck in the airfield with 2000 blood, I pass out every minute and I have no pain killers or morphine or blood packs.

Rescue mission anyone? :V

Which airfield? I'll happily help