Mr. Green Gaming

Day Z

Clavus

Triple post yay! New Day Z patch (1.7.1.1) within 2 hours:

Current Changelog:

* [FIXED] Server item cleanup error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)

* [FIXED] Server weighted random object error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)

* [REVERT] 5 second delay for disconnecting (will need to wait till new method developed)

* [REVERT] Disabling of interior raycasting (will mean some buildings you will be invisible/can't be hit in for the moment as they don't have view LODs)

* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot, this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)

* [FIXED] Area not checked for existing infected before spawning new ones ("blind faith" that it had not made a mistake didn't work)

* [FIXED] Crippling performance issues caused by loot items never being cleaned up (loot now cleaned up)

* [FIXED] Tent pitching (Who the hell codes tent location checks TWICE before pitching? Oh apparently I do)

* [NEW] Marakov spawn rate increased

* [NEW] Small chance Mararov ammo will spawn on an infected

* [FIXED] Converting magazines didn't work if you had MORE than one of that magazine type (now works as intended)

* [NEW] Tweaked audibility and visibility values for kneel walking

* [REVERT] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed)

* [NEW] Can select gender for each new character

* [FIXED] Toolboxes aren't spawning (classname error in loot table)

* [NEW] Small tweaks to AI zombie routines to improve performance

* [REVERT] New spawn timer mechanism (back to the old one for now)

This should fix several issues. Plus you can now choose your gender for each new character, makes a lot more sense. (Edit: apparently character selection is temporary. It was bugged (female reverted to male) so now Rocket made it available for every new character until he fixes the system)

Oh great. I just looted a barracks before this patch came, and what I found (prob looted before me tho): Empty tin cans and 3 makarovs with tons of ammo for them ._.

Edited by MiF

Today was a day of failures. First me and Massi had a quarrel with Russian kids near Krasnostav. We ended up losing a lot of shit. Russian kids repaired and took an ATV. We later found it 400m further on, out of fuel (twats :V).

Next thing that happened is that we had to move our base. I deduced that making markings on the map made them show up on EVERYONE'S map (sometimes). Lovely thing to discover right after I marked our base and vehicle locations on the map. So we now have a new base. Location secret of course.

Anyway, that ATV we claimed got wrecked it in the next hour due to a small bump in the road, somehow causing EVERYONE in the server to get a massive framedrop because of vehicle damage bugs. I tried to turn it upright by bumping into it with the Lada. It fixed the framedrop but the ATV ended up exploding.

After that I took our Lada in the direction of Grishino together with Massi and Kefeus. Right before we entered town, my fucking game crashed (this shit barely ever happens). Icing on the cake that the car got under fire by hostiles 5 seconds later. Kefeus took the wheel but couldn't save the situation. Massi and Kefeus (with his apparently very old character) got killed. After that Nightfreeze swooped in and used the fact that he had an invisibility bug to rape our attackers. That was awesome. Less awesome was that when I finally logged back in and got back to the car, Nightfreeze apparently forgot another nearby dude and I got killed in a hail of machinegun fire.

Shitty day. Still gives some nice screenshots:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558692947288174081/AB6DB20FD806A451F3A75E38FC640A55B569920A/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558692947288172063/E43EF3DF07DC29EA68FE6E7C082166ED373770C3/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558692947288168444/18E3B4E10E333C87F8972288A689DA2854C3135C/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558692947296070403/013A7693F9988A3EB7ECBE3DF3187EF5660DABA4/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558692947296074493/C5F39009CC291CCC16EA26FC79AB7BBFA6454BB1/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558692947296072554/82D94DB14A128EE2D73BCA834636EBAC2DD74FF3/

what server you guyz play on?

Not gonna tell that in public. Just join teamspeak.

11 days of actively playing 7+hours each day. Needless to say, i raged like there was no tomorrow.

btw,

I am near this beauty:

Ural_TK_CIV_EP1_en.jpg

need some people.

EDIT: think i will call him Frank the second

Edit2: guess ill be learning cyrillic:http://learn-cyrillic.ehpes.com/

Edited by Reap3r

Path 1.7.1.2 is out. It's a hotfix yet it introduces new features such as melee weapons.... what?

HOTFIX : 19 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.1.2

* dayz_weapons 1.3

* dayz_equip 1.3.1

* dayz_server (server admins only)

Developer's Note:

* YES: I know this hotfix has content in it. It was content that didn't make it into the last update, and some of the fixes are bundled with this content, so it was easier to release the content than try to remove it.

* Requires ArmA2 Beta.

* NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT: MELEE WEAPONS ARE QUITE UNDER POWERED CURRENTLY. THEY WILL BE ADJUSTED UPWARDS OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. EACH HAVE DIFFERENT DAMAGE VALUES.

* ALSO NOTE: Melee is just in testing. They may not stay, they are just being tested to see how they perform. They are missing their sound effects, and tweaking of effects also.

Changelog:

* [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions

* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)

* [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)

* [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Maximum animals increased

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Double Barrelled shotgun sound

* [FIXED] Gender assignment broken (working correctly)

Path 1.7.1.2 is out. It's a hotfix yet it introduces new features such as melee weapons.... what?

HOTFIX : 19 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.1.2

* dayz_weapons 1.3

* dayz_equip 1.3.1

* dayz_server (server admins only)

Developer's Note:

* YES: I know this hotfix has content in it. It was content that didn't make it into the last update, and some of the fixes are bundled with this content, so it was easier to release the content than try to remove it.

* Requires ArmA2 Beta.

* NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT: MELEE WEAPONS ARE QUITE UNDER POWERED CURRENTLY. THEY WILL BE ADJUSTED UPWARDS OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. EACH HAVE DIFFERENT DAMAGE VALUES.

* ALSO NOTE: Melee is just in testing. They may not stay, they are just being tested to see how they perform. They are missing their sound effects, and tweaking of effects also.

Changelog:

* [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions

* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)

* [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)

* [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Maximum animals increased

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Double Barrelled shotgun sound

* [FIXED] Gender assignment broken (working correctly)

Note: introduces more bugs and fixes.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9124&page=12

Lost all my stuff because of this. RIP GLOCK17/M4A1CCOSD

Latest 1.7.1.3 changelog (it's not done yet apparently):

Current Changelog for 1.7.1.3

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.1.3

Developer's Note:

* Requires ArmA2 Beta.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Melee items causing magazine glitching and eventual server death (fixed)

* [FIXED] Unconscious UI Image displays incorrectly

* [FIXED] Bleeding never stops unless bandaged (chance of spontanious bleeding stopping now works)

* [FIXED] Interior infected spawning inside of building walls etc... (interior infected now spawn inside correctly)

* [FIXED] Speed not correctly utilized for checking stealth levels (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33630 )

* [FIXED] Posture error can occur on stealth check ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33628 )

* [FIXED] Config error messages on popup (Caused by legacy classnames, error handling implemented to prevent this)

* [FIXED] Unable to repair helicopter fuel leak (repair all parts to 95% or above and fuel leak will stop)

* [FIXED] Massive lag and desync on some servers (mostly caused by the invisible replicating magazines)

* [REVERT] Nerf of sickness damage (now will reduce your blood to 6000 rather than 10000)

* [FIXED] Losing blood from starvation/dehydration cannot receive transfusion ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33677 )

* [FIXED] Hunger and Thirst no longer continue to drop while you are offline (only ingame time counts)

* [NEW] Once infected lose line-of-sight they will try investigate where you are

* [FIXED] Flies still heard around removed/hidden bodies ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33472 )

* [NEW] Significant loot rebalancing

The chopper fuel leak will be fixed. Too bad our group isn't in much of a state to go fetch a helicopter.

Hunger and Thirst no longer continue to drop while you are offline (only ingame time counts)

Thank fuck.

And of course I couldn't resist the temptation and joined Reap3r and Massi in their attempt of finding more vehicles. Which ended in Reap3r getting killed right after they had been duplicating stuff (karma's a bitch?). Luckily their assailant was sufficiently satisfied with their ATV (and all the duplicated crap in it) so he left Massi alone.

Which meant he could wait for me to cross half the map to fix the Ural they were trying to guard:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558692947323585130/5F220898F52F5BE60A4B3C3629260EC07C87B6FC/

That's a lot of storage space.

Right guys, I promised you pictures so here we go.

Yesterday it all started when i logged in:

« Crew Clavus: Idiot, no pics from base »

but since nobody was on, I went for the ATVs I left in the middle of nowhere.

After I got them Necrossin wanted to play:

32df1fa4d0dcd64cdc05ac6d3cc29360.png?1340175099

But he was all the way at our old base, but that said, took the ATV with me and waited.

After 5 minutes we had a server restart

and a bug appeared:(Server is running incorrect version) was pretty sad face.

This issue got fixed in 4 hours.(ATV got stolen grrrrrr)

Not much eh, anyway after 4 hours I could play again, so I went in the barn, did not have much blood so:

2bfdf0997e0f4b2110dedb754ee05805.png?1340175284

But it all went good when Necro gave me a blood trans.

91f8880fb63e57507988f8e6495e6846.png?1340175394

After arriving at our base, Necrossin didn't have much time so he logged off, Massi was on so i poked him.

Result:

338138d4c353cf0c0ee3ede094ba676c.png?1340175433

I got killed too, by the italian Mobs,

Looks like it us US vs French random people vs Russians vs Italian Mobsters,

quite a battle nonetheless.

After massi and clavus went off, I respawned near Balota, got shot at by a freaking noob who just shoots everyone, he was like derping around on top of the control tower.

I saw a AK74 kobra on the ground and I knew what to do.

2 murders later: Arrived at stary, looted shit but made a friend, he repaired my legs in trade of loyality.

I just changed subjects derp.

Was hard to resist not to kill that guy, BECAUSE HE SHOOTS EVERY ZOMBIE ON SIGHT!!!! Also, he is like, "When we see players" "We go sneaky sneak"

He amazed me. After we looted NW airfield together >:)

Server crashed and didn't went on, so went on random polish server and went back to stary, the result:

1c88ec0eadcf34c5ba8e327c6aaa7e51.png?1340175536

55107b23278f67af39d16d6777d05e9e.png?1340175783

Gotcha rabbit

d923d288be3db6e8fe6f37d5f3430e0f.png?1340175403

Hurrr im a rock.

b9ef8d2ab3e2e3045a97d4d4e8e357b3.png?1340175451

Hurr tires!

957768c6a9fb08ee586844a9a715dce9.png?1340175936

Hurrr choppah!

Well in the end:

f0c24b035f399c658d9292d32e2be663.png?1340175524

So i guess:

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Edited by Clavus

You guys are still playing this?

What exactly would I have to buy (and how much in €?) to play this game/addon?

And would it run good on my PC? (E8400 @ 3.00GHz | HD3850 @ 256MB | 4GB RAM (800MHz I think))

I've watched a couple of videos and read the stories in this thread.. this looks too amazing to be true.