Mr. Green Gaming

Day Z

Clavus

Yeah it is

http://cloud.steampowered.com/http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/540677806254676939/C905AA5FFD02E883D130ACDA11C698F6F7533935/

some pro-skilled side flips here

%7Boption%7D

Yeah it's the Barrett M107, anti-material rifle.

got one clip: 10 shots of deadliness. I also putted my coyote back in the car since m107 takes backpack slot, so guys don't take the Coyote that's in the UAZ pl0x :P mah backup rifle is in there :P

The first UAZ was called Frank yeah. It's the only vehicle we actually use too, the rest is used for storage. That way Frank only needs to hold the essentials.

Servers are getting really unplayable in the evening. This shit needs to get fixed.

I've been following this mod ever since that guy who's in ShackTac made his little video series and it's fun to see that it spread to Mr.Green.

Though i wonder if someone can answer this question I got:

I keep reading about servers getting hacked and weird shit happening (weapons and vehicles that should not spawn spawn everywhere, EVERYONE dying on server etc.) Just how safe is the game? Any hacks against others PCs through the game itself? Never heard of this anti-cheat system before lol. The DayZ email itself was hacked just a few days ago so it does make me wonder.

Been a fan of the series since OpFor and i might decide to pick this one up to try multiplayer out for once.

Edited by Raxan

I've never encountered a hacker in the 90 hours I've put in this game now. Weird server shit did happen now and then though, but it never compromised my character data unless it was an actual bug (like the ocean spawning after you switch clothing). It wouldn't surprise me if there are quite elaborate hacks though, the game is largely client-authorative meaning the server only syncs data between clients and clients do stuff like registering hits. This allows for far a lot of players on a single server (even though the engine isn't a beacon of optimization), yet hackers have a lot of options to fuck shit up. BattleEye is Arma 2's anti-cheat system, much like Punkbuster. I don't really know how effective it is, but it's nothing more than another obstacle for hackers to tackle.

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

Rough outline of what to expect in the pending update.

I will update this as more stuff is put in. Changelog will then follow it.

Performance and Optimization

- Reduction/elimination of the new server lag. This is caused by the ArmA2 server expecting immediate response from the central server. Vehicles are the main cause of this, as whenever they are damaged everything stops while the server ensures this is recorded in the database.

- Bugs fixed that were possibly causing very significant netcode overhead (will need mass-scale testing to verify this).

Infected Behavior

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.

- Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations

Content

- Additional Idle Infected sounds

- Revised Attack sounds

- Many new action sounds, including IV, bandaging etc...

Notes

- This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it.

- Read up at the BI Forums about the beta patch install. It's pretty easy.

Source

Edited by Kefeus

So long FR2 isn't beta we should not try patching ourselfs up.

the next update of DayZ will increase perfomance and there will be less desyncs and lag, so lets keep the arma 2 OA at default.

Today I found 2 ATVs and 1 tractor. all hudled together probably a base.

anyway after going back to the south and gathering massi and zunz we went doing a trip with the car, found back the 2 ATV and tractor, moved all items from tractor to ATVs and get the fuck out. Somehow i scrolled and saw someone 18KM away lol

anyway we have 3 ATVs now, 1 motorcycle, 2 UAZ, 1 volga, 1 lada.

if were getting the chopper, we should relocate our base.

also:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594721538806221116/242060D5C86B98544E771911C2FFDD649A56B0FD/

Edited by Reap3r

I've never encountered a hacker in the 90 hours I've put in this game now. Weird server shit did happen now and then though, but it never compromised my character data unless it was an actual bug (like the ocean spawning after you switch clothing). It wouldn't surprise me if there are quite elaborate hacks though, the game is largely client-authorative meaning the server only syncs data between clients and clients do stuff like registering hits. This allows for far a lot of players on a single server (even though the engine isn't a beacon of optimization), yet hackers have a lot of options to fuck shit up. BattleEye is Arma 2's anti-cheat system, much like Punkbuster. I don't really know how effective it is, but it's nothing more than another obstacle for hackers to tackle.

From what I heard BattleEye isn't great AC system, can be easily bypassed. Hope they are going to do something about those client side things, since somebody could even make OPK hack (one-point-kill, AKA mass kill hack), and that... well it would suck, but it would be detected easily too.

Couple days ago I was playing on very laggy server. There were no zombies much, and very little loot (tho you were able to pick them up quite fast), but people.... I saw a lot of people lagged and running animation, and I just looted their backpacks for stuff and left them be. Of course karma stroke in, and I got killed by 'nothing' 20mins later when I was hiding in a bush.

Edited by MiF

Again with the stupid advice Reap3r. It's adviced that you DO install the beta patch. I did and it ran just fine yesterday.

Wait so you got in FR2, while you were BETA?

Also:

(Today 08:12 PM)rocket Wrote: * [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)

* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before

Proof: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10353&page=44

Edited by Reap3r

Again with the stupid advice Reap3r. It's adviced that you DO install the beta patch. I did and it ran just fine yesterday.

Yes. DayZ 1.7.0 is compatible with the beta, and it's backwards compatible with standard 1.60 servers.

Yes. DayZ 1.7.0 is compatible with the beta, and it's backwards compatible with standard 1.60 servers.

Hmm that's good then, what to do if i don't have a beta folder in my expansions?

Hmm that's good then, what to do if i don't have a beta folder in my expansions?

You install the beta patch first, then you follow the instructions from that Steampowered topic.

Also the next patch is going to require people to rethink how to handle zombies. They'll no longer see and attack through walls, their sight will be limited to their actual eyesight but it'll be increased. They'll also be stronger (plus your body now stays for 5 seconds after disconnect). You can hide now though, so instead of disconnect you somehow need to shake them by moving through buildings or something.