Mr. Green Gaming

Day Z

Clavus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently played Arma 3 Alpha, I find it a shame rocket is gonna work on the same old ArmA2 engine, then again ArmA3 is just ArmA2 with big changes:

Enhanced mission editor
Support for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11[12]
20 km view distance
Ragdoll physics
Physics enabled vehicle handling and environmental objects (PhysX 3[13])
Underwater environments, vehicles and diving
Weapon and uniform customization
Volumetric clouds
Render to Texture
Improved lighting engine
Support for Java
Improved flight model from Take On Helicopters
Support for six degrees of freedom

just those things, it's not like I wanted underwater sharks/zombies, hmph.
btw I am giving DayZ origins a try lol, 600km2 map and you can build houses!!
  • 1 year later...

Basically,

A ton of changes came to DayZ Standalone over the past time.

Before I begin, I must say that they changed controls. You now don't have to tap W twice to sprint. You now sprint with Shift as you do in a normal game.

You also while crouching or laying have to press Shift to start moving faster.

In short:

-A fucking ton of buildings can be entered now. They also added a lot of new buildings (that are enterable). Not all of them spawn gear, however, but that's something, aint it? They also changed crapton of towns and added new ones. As an example, the Krasnostav airfield was changed. It now doesn't have hangars (only industrial ones instead). It also had military prison removed. Another example is what they did with Balota airfield: 3 new barracks. One of the best spots for looting! That said, There is a crapton of places where you can get geared up to teeth.

-Ragdoll Physics implemented;

-Throw physics are in (you can throw items, yet it's still WIP);

-There is quite a variation of weapons and ammunition now;

-Item quality (as you might already know have status from Ruined to Pristine);

-You can repair specific items: You can clean weapons, patch clothes, sharpen melee weapons with rocks.

-You can gather firewood and rocks for different purposes. For that you need tools like axes and pickaxes. You can also use shovel to dig out warms for fishing!

-You can now hunt animals.

-You can now make fireplaces.

-Tents have been implemented. You can now store your items in tents. Other than that, they have implemented the feature which keeps items in place even after server restarts! This however was disabled in version 0.47 (will be re-enabled in next stable update). Basically, you can drop items that will stay in place literally forever (until they are picked up)

-Many weapon modifications implemented. Also weapons like bows and crossbows are now there, too.

-You can craft backpacks that store from 12 to 20 item slots

-In dayz mod there were flares and glowsticks. they added those in DayZ SA too!

-They added helicopter crash sites which will spawn weaponary from other countries. M4A1 as an example.

-You can modify a double-barreled shotgun in a way. If you find a hacksaw, you can make a Sawn-off shotgun which takes only 1x4 slots in your inventory!

The shit about current dayz:

-Melee weapons are still quite unstable. Fists are enough to knock out a fully geared player, yet it's hard as shit to kill a zombie with any melee weapon (except for axes). The system of melee weapons depends on how your melee is forwarded.

-Zombies are still glitchy and can sometimes one-hit kill you or ruin all your gear.

-Hackers still appear in the game sometimes.

-Some types of ammo are hard to find. For example 556 caliber is only found in military tents and buildings, while 7.62 type of caliber are way more common and is used in powerful weapons.

-Inventory is still sometimes very glitchy.

-The game will still sometimes teleport you back.

-There are network issues that can cause your death.

So yeah,

Come play :D

I really wanna find someone to make a big camp with and go raiding the NWAF.

EDIT:

Edited by Mr. Darkness